Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Clearly none of the elite in business are greedy!
    Nobody in government either, am I right?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

See, there is clearly a deep chasm between the "work to live" (presumably mainly from europe) and the massive workaholics here.

Most people don't care for a company much beyond what they were hired for, and if you hire for 8h and pay for 8h, expect 8h, and don't call people lazy for giving you exactly 8h.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Probably plenty, your point?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    See, there is clearly a deep chasm between the "work to live" (presumably mainly from europe) and the massive workaholics here.

Most people don't care for a company much beyond what they were hired for, and if you hire for 8h and pay for 8h, expect 8h, and don't call people lazy for giving you exactly 8h.
    in europe you can get contracted for more and ordered on short notice, but for bonus wage only. +25 % usually keeps additional hours at bay.

btw: already 1:00 AM here, 2017 arrived smoothly and London/GMT timezone is incoming now too. Welcome in 2017 brexiteers; it'll be an interesting year for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Sure there are, including one that was just elected the next USA president. All rich people can exploit non-rich people. They don't have to, however.

Reasonable. If you're an employer who needs people checking their email out of hours you can just write that into contract.

Some random bullshit office job expecting you to answer emails at 9pm is probably what this is targeting I'm guessing?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Sums it up nicely.
    It's madness to think otherwise. Its the culture here in Australia to expect overtime and in contracts says reasonable overtime is expected.

What is reasonable? There is no legal definition for it here. Currently my hours are set at 9-5 with a one hour lunch. My current compnay veiws everyone as replaceable and doesn't pay above industry average so everyone bar sales works the exact hours as for what they offer overtime isn't reasonable.

Fuck employers, we are making them shit tonnes of money.

And remember - "Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why i shit on compnay time"

10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why construction and trade jobs are best. end of day, put tools away and thats that. currently making 22 an hour after 2 years experience and in a few more years will be around 35 doing what i do (glazier).

if you wanna waste your life away doing office work and sending emails after hours and having no free time, but seriously it blows my mind how few people are willing to get their hands dirty and do a mans job.

yes, the world is becoming increasingly digital, it would suprise most of you how much paperwork and emails i have to do as well as pictures that have to be taken daily. but when the days done, the day is done. and the odd time i have made up a big email with pictures and shit outside of work hours, i charge half an hour for it. mind boggling how little value people give their free time
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!