Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    ....bringing out changes to the PTR after the new year. The patch won't come out on the 3rd.
    lol wat

Define "after the new year"?

Did you mean live servers? Cause PTR is marked as final release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Define "after the new year"?
    no.

Did you mean live servers? Cause PTR is marked as final release.
    It's actually marked as a release candidate. Just because it's marked as a release canditate doesn't mean there can't be more builds, they have flip flopped from candidates and test builds in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Realm restarts will be on Wednesday, 4th January between 5:00 (CET) and 6:00 (CET). ...

Can we close this thread now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Realm restarts will be on Wednesday, 4th January between 5:00 (CET) and 6:00 (CET). ...

Can we close this thread now?
    What does that have to do with anything?

Personally I hope it would be on the 3rd, more time to fix the inevitable bugs and exploits before nighthold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    What does that have to do with anything?

Personally I hope it would be on the 3rd, more time to fix the inevitable bugs and exploits before nighthold
    It means, no extended maintenance for patch deployment.

Have they ever released a content patch with only 2 days notice, i dont think so atleast i can't remember it, shortest i can remember is like 5-6 day to a week. It should be the 10th though. Maybe some tuning news this week, then release the 10th so they have one week before NH to fix issues, and then another week where they can monitor and hotfix during heroic week should there be serious bugs on any of the bosses or weird issues with the classes.

It will not be out 3rd, monk thread on US forums basicly confirmed that there are additonal changes before it arrives and the PTR Build has been flagged release for 2 weeks now

I honestly belive its coming the 17th even tho NH is also available at the same time due to the fact that legion is an expansion of basic fails and the release of 7.1.5 is going to be added to that list
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2017-01-01 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    It will not be out 3rd, monk thread on US forums basicly confirmed that there are additonal changes before it arrives and the PTR Build has been flagged release for 2 weeks now

I honestly belive its coming the 17th even tho NH is also available at the same time due to the fact that legion is an expansion of basic fails and the release of 7.1.5 is going to be added to that list
    Releasing a raid on the same day as a content patch that drastically alters how many classes play and gear has never occured in the history of this game that I am aware of.

10th makes the most sense, gives them a week to make changes post holiday vacation and gives them a week before NH to fix bugs and make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I highly doubt they'll push a patch right after vacation. Most likely it'll be the 13th.
    It's probably 99% ready to go, they just didn't want to release it till they were back from break so it is possible it'll be the 3rd. I HIGHLY doubt it'll be the 13th. That's a Friday, and an unlucky day at that! Very likely it will be the 10th.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-01-01 at 01:40 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't my launcher download the patch already, Maybe the servers already have it on too. Restarts don't have to mean no patch

Quote Originally Posted by Kleos View Post
    Didn't my launcher download the patch already, Maybe the servers already have it on too. Restarts don't have to mean no patch
    Yup another good point no one has mentioned, the data has already been pushed to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    http://puu.sh/t6tZY/c0eb9dea30.jpg

PTR build is tagged as released, not sure how long that's been like that -- haven't paid too much attention TBH.

Has there been any other notice of the whether or not they are done tuning? (lol flamestrike mages)
    it's been tagged as a release candidate for coming up 2 weeks now.

Deleted
    They have never, to my knowledge, installed a patch on a Wednesday.
    spoken like a murican thinking of himself as the center of the universe. Hint: ALL patches are delivered on WEDNESDAY in the EU....

Realm Restarts @ 4th January. Meaning no 7.1.5. (Blizzard Breakings News message).

Deleted
    Yup another good point no one has mentioned, the data has already been pushed to us.
    No that is only PART of the patch not ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    spoken like a murican thinking of himself as the center of the universe. Hint: ALL patches are delivered on WEDNESDAY in the EU....
    spoken like a euroican thinking of himself as the center of the universe. Hint: ALL patches are delivered on TUESDAY in the USA....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    /chant USA USA USA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    There is absolutely no way they will release huge class changes AFTER Nighthold is released. There is 2 tuesdays left before then so it will either be jan 3, or the 10th. My money is on the 3rd simply because the PTR has been tagged as release and there seems to be no new changes happening recently
    They aren't going to release it the first day people are returning from break. It will either be the 10th or on the day Nighthold goes live which is the 17th. It would make sense to release it on the 17th since there's much talk over tuning changes still going on.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It would make sense to release it on the 17th since there's much talk over tuning changes still going on.
    One would argue it makes absolutely no sense to make wide sweeping class changes go live the same day as the raid opens up with zero acclimation time.

Again. I don't believe Blizzard has ever adopted this policy since the inception of WoW and probably for good reason.