Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    I like that IF build prioritizes crit>mastery. This allows me much easier to offspec ele as main resto.
    Ascendance is Mastery > Crit, both stats you go for as resto, so you can swing it in either direction.
    http://twitch.tv/fsslgnra Streaming whatever dumb shit I'm doing at the time

Cool. I was reading that IF is better if you don't have the belt though which is why I assumed IF would be better for me.

The shoulders also make them even.

They are within 2% and meatball is easier to play overall. IF is able to do more dps on the move though.

Ideally you know how play both and switch based on fight.

Deleted
    Most likely you will play both depending on a fight

Whats the " Meatball" Builde? and why is it called so ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordog View Post
    Whats the " Meatball" Builde? and why is it called so ?
    Scroll up to Claptrap's post for the answer.

@LuthWoW - Signature by Reignisevil

I don't want to make another thread but, how is icefury is used? I try to use it as a maelstorm builder.

ex. lb, ele blast, lvb, ice fury then i use frost shock.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    I don't want to make another thread but, how is icefury is used? I try to use it as a maelstorm builder.

ex. lb, ele blast, lvb, ice fury then i use frost shock.
    http://www.stormearthandlava.com/ele...y-build-guide/

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I'm not going to make a new thread just for this question but : is the storm elemental that bad ? I always wanted a storm elemental but I think i've read somewhere that it was really not good. Will it still be the case in 7.1.5 ? (they reduced the duration to 30 sec and cd to 2,5 min).

Homophobia is so gay.

Don't think the reduction in duration is a plus as it doesn't get the full duration of BL or Prolonged Pots now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claptrap View Post
    O_o Where this image came from? I'm italian but I don't understand the last sentence, is written in italian but means nothing.

Also, I dont khow what kind of meatball you guys east, but I never see one like that, its more like a sausage to me.

BTW I agree with Binkenstein... Icefury add complexity to the rotation, involves 9 buttons (if counting Fire Elemental) and must be executed perfectly.. in a raid enviroment dont looks to me very suitable:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2596705#post-1
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-01-05 at 12:53 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Appreciate the effort (If you're the creator).

However there should be a Loop from step "mamma mia!" back to step "You got a meatball?".

Same goes for step "apply sauce".

Didn't create it, was just a part of the flowchart thing that occurred on the r/wow/ subreddit some months ago, became a meme, and thus why everyone calls the Asc spec meatball.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthanius View Post
    Oh my i misread the whole thing. Well im embarrassed. Oh well Thank you Imnick for helping me realize that. And to you Claptrap, yeah that was an absolutely useless post and i hope you were laughing at how silly i sounded to yourself. I hope i made your day a little better. Anyways with my new found knowledge i will reserve judgement on this new build for when the patch comes out.
    Just want to say, this might be the most graceful acknowledgement of a goofup that I have read in a long, long time. (Tips hat to you)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UberpwN View Post
    I find ele community nice. Underpowered for 6 months, without a word from devs for many months, still not ragging that much and kept it civil. Look at other class forums. Needless to mention mages, but even enh shamans cry after godly performance from legion launch. Anyway, cant wait to try new builds, more interesting for sure. Gonna maintain both builds, Im sure they will be great for fights in nighthold. Also cleave ascendance build will be cool. Hopefuly for some talent options for different fights.
    Most of us just hopped over to enhance and enjoyed being powerful for a bit. It'll be nice now that Ele is looking to shine. Being able to actually play all three specs with my guild in a progression raid capacity is... well... bizarre... awesome, but bizarre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    O_o Where this image came from? I'm italian but I don't understand the last sentence, is written in italian but means nothing.

Also, I dont khow what kind of meatball you guys east, but I never see one like that, its more like a sausage to me.

BTW I agree with Binkenstein... Icefury add complexity to the rotation, involves 9 buttons (if counting Fire Elemental) and must be executed perfectly.. in a raid enviroment dont looks to me very suitable:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...2596705#post-1
    The sentence loosely translates to "Why are you lying to your mother?"

As for the comlexity, yep, the thing about the build is that with so many more instant casts, it allows for a lot more mobility than the Ascendance build, that's where one real big benefit comes from, especially since Nighthold is going to be movement heavy.

Honestly, I intend to practice with both and be prepared to run either... that way i can be like a druid and kinda have 4 specs. :-)
    Last edited by Ghrog; 2017-01-05 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post

As for the comlexity, yep, the thing about the build is that with so many more instant casts, it allows for a lot more mobility than the Ascendance build, that's where one real big benefit comes from, especially since Nighthold is going to be movement heavy.

Honestly, I intend to practice with both and be prepared to run either... that way i can be like a druid and kinda have 4 specs. :-)
    You would think so, but elemental blast can't be delayed longer than 1~2 sec or you get massive DPS drop off, actually counteracts the mobility part of IF quite a lot.

7+ Year Old Account
    You would think so, but elemental blast can't be delayed longer than 1~2 sec or you get massive DPS drop off, actually counteracts the mobility part of IF quite a lot.
    Well, the added mobility has just been my personal experience in the PTR. Of course while what you said about not delaying it is true, it is on a 12 second cooldown, so a vast majority of your time (Appx 90%) is spent doing/casting other things than Elemental Blast.

So i just tried out this current 7.1 version of about as close to the Icefury build as i could. I have to say yeah still lil under powered but for obvious reasons. However its complicated and FUN. Its not just lightning Bolt over and over. Doesn't have the burst power im sure Ascendance will have but its definitely a consistent DPS even after the buffs wear off and your on your normal rotation. I did see that on my test if i didnt get good crits or procs the DPS was low, until i did get them then i would see it go up. I think this is gonna be a great patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    Perfect ideal conditions just don't exsist in raids,ever,period. Acendance will be the go to build and only the hipsters will be running IF/EB
    Or, you know, a lot of fights in raids require a lot of movement, and IF/EB build is much more movement-friendly than Ascendance is. Not only because you get 4 GCDs of instacast guaranteed every 30 secs, but because if you pop Ascendance and have to move at all your DPS is gonna plummet.

It's almost as if each build has its pros and cons, and Blizzard actually somewhat succeeded in allowing for multiple talent choices depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithFace View Post
    It's almost as if each build has its pros and cons, and Blizzard actually somewhat succeeded in allowing for multiple talent choices depending on the situation.
    it's almost as if i could switch my talent from icefury to ascendance depending on the fight, or lightning rod in mythic+ ZOMGGGG.

Since I never get loot in raids (thanks loot council) I'll be able to compare the two builds week over week with pretty much the same gear.

Have meatball belt and twisting ring so real interested to see how they compare.