Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    so we have actual maitnence on tuesday, but its only an hour, that's interesting at least,
    It's about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    so we have actual maitnence on tuesday, but its only an hour, that's interesting at least,
    I think on EU it sais rolling restarts

Quote Originally Posted by Elanies View Post
    Actually yes, it matters for me personally. Im kinda frustrated for i need a lot of time to master absolutely new rotation, to maintain absolutely new stats balance for my spec. MM hunter is changing its gameplay. In the middle of addon, yeah. And to perform good in NH i need to spare some days to adjust to a fully new and unknown class. Would be great if Azartarian makes his guide to help the hunter comunity. But anyway the more time between 7.1.5 and 17th January the more chances i have to raid further.
    No offense, but if you "need a lot of time to master absolutely master new rotation".....as a hunter, then you can stop now. If it takes you that long, you are probably not an asset to a raid anyway.

No infraction please, just calling it as I see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    they will not release a patch that changes class's this much right when a raid hits. that would be blizzard asking for trouble at that point.
    "it's only beta don't worry they will fix it" how do people still not realise blizzard will do what ever the f*ck that pleases them.

- - - Updated - - -

small patches will release roughly 10 weeks after major patches give or take they've said this is their end goal several times. October 26th is 10 weeks ago so this week or next /thread.

Deleted
    Didn't Ian said that it'd come out after Nighthold release in the Q&A? As in end of January. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    It's generally announced because they need extended maintenance windows for deployment.
    They haven't needed to do that in a long time. Patches are pre-downloaded in the background beforehand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    They haven't needed to do that in a long time. Patches are pre-downloaded in the background beforehand.
    Wat? Server side deployment

Wat? Server side deployment
    Server side is done ahead of the time mostly. They simply toggle it on. They have even implemented expansions without taking the servers down.

Deleted
    Server side is done ahead of the time mostly. They simply toggle it on. They have even implemented expansions without taking the servers down.
    Name one expansion deployment that didn't have extended maintenance posted.
    Or you know what? Fuck it. Why am I even debating this. You're obviously just trolling for some weird reason. Jesus.
    Keep believing the patch will drop tomorrow, if it really is that important to you.

Name one expansion deployment that didn't have extended maintenance posted.
    Or you know what? Fuck it. Why am I even debating this. You're obviously just trolling for some weird reason. Jesus.
    Keep believing the patch will drop tomorrow, if it really is that important to you.
    Both WoD and Legion launched seamlessly without downtime. Dunno where the hell you have been, but they no longer have to take the servers at all to deploy patches or expansions unless they want to. They "flipped the switch" at midnight in both instances.

Btw, before acting like an infant and spewing hate, try to read a thread. I said nothing about whether or not the patch will drop tomorrow.

Both WoD and Legion launched seamlessly without downtime. Dunno where the hell you have been, but they no longer have to take the servers at all to deploy patches or expansions unless they want to. They "flipped the switch" at midnight in both instances.
    No. It's just that the patches for those expansions were deployed one month beforehand, with downtime periods of hours. The "expansion launch" is indeed just a switch, they just "activate" the content, but the content itself had to be downloaded and installed client-side and deployed server-side anyway. We were playing WoD and Legion one month before they were "released", we had all the class changes, system changes and so on. It's was just the leveling and new areas that were locked.