Should I replace my relic?

Hi guys, i need help on whether should i be replacing my current relic and would appreciate your advice. I currently have a 855 relic which gives 12% boost to pyro damage, but i just had a 870 relic drop (9% reduction to fireball cast time) that gives +4 ilevel to my wep should i replace the old one. I am wondering if this would be a dps loss overall as pyro is such an important part of the spec. So should i do it? Or just hold on to the old one?

Fireball Cast Time Reduction is likely going to be stronger than Pyroblast Damage in Nighthold. They're already pretty much equivalent at equal item level (barring legendary bracers, sim your own character to be sure).

Deleted
    Replace it - is doesn't add 12% pyro dmg, but 3% and FB cast time is really close to pyro dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Replace it - is doesn't add 12% pyro dmg, but 3% and FB cast time is really close to pyro dmg.
    replaced.. hmm my pyro does like 1k less now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Pretty sure it's 2%, not 3% since the pyro nerf patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    Fireball Cast Time Reduction is likely going to be stronger than Pyroblast Damage in Nighthold. They're already pretty much equivalent at equal item level (barring legendary bracers, sim your own character to be sure).
    Replaced.. kinda regretted as i have the bracers and pyro does slightly less now

the joys of destroying a **perfect** 875 relic for a shitty, shitty 895 cuz ilevel shit.

as melee, I can only hope the top end white damage for increasing artifact ilevel is real.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Replaced.. kinda regretted as i have the bracers and pyro does slightly less now
    what did you expect to happen? I hope you didn't expect your pyro to do more damage after replacing the relic? Math shows that is is an upgrade to go from your original to the new relic. But keep having a cry about losing 1k damage from pyro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    what did you expect to happen? I hope you didn't expect your pyro to do more damage after replacing the relic? Math shows that is is an upgrade to go from your original to the new relic. But keep having a cry about losing 1k damage from pyro.
    Yes now i see, sims shows its a dps upgrade my bad I was worried cos pyro consists of a substantial % of total dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Pretty sure it's 2%, not 3% since the pyro nerf patch.
    Yes, it is 2% - I live in my happy place where I ignore all nerfs

3 ignite relic FTW....

Quote Originally Posted by Lothrik View Post
    I have legendary bracers and belt and have 860 pyro and 870 fireball cast as fire relics, 875 ignite dmg as arcane relic, guess fireball cast is to be replaced because of both bracers and belt
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The 870 relic should be better but I'd sim it.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    The 870 relic should be better but I'd sim it.
    How can you sim a relic without putting it into the socket?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    How can you sim a relic without putting it into the socket?
    You can use the Ask Mr Robot simulator to get a quick estimate or if you ask in the Mage discord I'm sure someone has a good link for simulationcraft relic use.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -