Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The American people should be DEMANDING for evidence to come public especially since there is a record of false flags (cough wmds in Iraq, cough reliable reports, cough lol)
    The general population has no right to classified data that is classified for national security reasons.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Putin admitted guilt, he didn't retaliate when we banned 80 Russian spies from the US.
    That isn't admitting guilt. That is saying "I will be the bigger person and no do stupid childish shit like you are" to Obama. When the CIA came out and stated they had no evidence that Russia did the hacking, but that they "strongly felt" they did it was a laughable moment. They need a scapegoat and are using Russia for it.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Hacking into computers at a campaign != hacking the election. The latter implies the voting process itself was compromised.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    That isn't admitting guilt. That is saying "I will be the bigger person and no do stupid childish shit like you are" to Obama. When the CIA came out and stated they had no evidence that Russia did the hacking, but that they "strongly felt" they did it was a laughable moment. They need a scapegoat and are using Russia for it.
    Ummm no. again. from the pbs article i linked: DMITRI ALPEROVITCH: Yes, essentially, one Ukraine officer built this app for his Android phone that he gave out to his fellow officers to control the settings for the artillery pieces that they were using, and the Russians actually hacked that application, put their malware in it and that malware reported back the location of the person using the phone.

JUDY WOODRUFF: And so, what’s the connection between that and what happened to the Democratic National Committee?

DMITRI ALPEROVITCH: Well, the interesting is that it was the same variant of the same malicious code that we have seen at the DNC. This was a phone version. What we saw at the DNC was personal computers, but essentially, it was the same source used by this actor that we call Fancy Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The general population has no right to classified data that is classified for national security reasons.
    Well if they don't present evidence they should STOP accusing. We all remember how they said about WMDs in Iraq and they never presented a single evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I could be wrong, but there was also no concrete hard evidence that the plane shot down was done by Russia either. doesn't stop them blaming them for it..
    Russian backed rebels*

Well if they don't present evidence they should STOP accusing. We all remember how they said about WMDs in Iraq and they never presented a single evidence.
    In cases like this, they would present more sensitive information to a Senate sub-committee. Then that group would make their recommendations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Hacking into computers at a campaign != hacking the election. The latter implies the voting process itself was compromised.
    When you use info gained by breaching the DNC to sway public opinion, that is considered tampering with an election. This is not rocket science.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Ummm no. again. from the pbs article i linked: DMITRI ALPEROVITCH: Yes, essentially, one Ukraine officer built this app for his Android phone that he gave out to his fellow officers to control the settings for the artillery pieces that they were using, and the Russians actually hacked that application, put their malware in it and that malware reported back the location of the person using the phone.

JUDY WOODRUFF: And so, what’s the connection between that and what happened to the Democratic National Committee?

DMITRI ALPEROVITCH: Well, the interesting is that it was the same variant of the same malicious code that we have seen at the DNC. This was a phone version. What we saw at the DNC was personal computers, but essentially, it was the same source used by this actor that we call Fancy Bear.
    And you realize that the Ukraine is NOT RUSSIA don't you? Also, hackers sell their outdated used hacks to other hackers once they have used them. Wouldn't it be rather stupid of a country, especially one you are attributing a massive hack that nobody saw coming, to?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is evidence. Lots of it. What makes you guys so stupid is your refusal to actually even know that before the cia and the fbi even made reports, the evidence was already compiled. By people who don't care who won the election or if there were wmd's in iraq. Fuck me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    And you realize that the Ukraine is NOT RUSSIA don't you? Also, hackers sell their outdated used hacks to other hackers once they have used them. Wouldn't it be rather stupid of a country, especially one you are attributing a massive hack that nobody saw coming, to?
    You totally didn't get it did you. The ukranians also got hacked by russians who used their phone locations to target them. READ THE ARTICLE.

When you use info gained by breaching the DNC to sway public opinion, that is considered tampering with an election. This is not rocket science.
    But this is very different. It basically says the electorate are sheep and that telling them things that ARE TRUE is bad. This is a profoundly antidemocratic mindset.

The DNC are acting like a gang that's annoyed because informants ratted on them to the authorities (which is to say, the voters).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    But this is very different. It basically says the electorate are sheep and that telling them things that ARE TRUE is bad. This is a profoundly antidemocratic mindset.

The DNC are acting like a gang that's annoyed because informants ratted on them to the authorities (which is to say, the voters).
    The issue is that a foreign entity influenced a US election. Period. It has nothing to do with ones' political stance. This should be concerning to any US citizen.
    Last edited by Gorgodeus; 2017-01-02 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The American people should be DEMANDING for evidence to come public especially since there is a record of false flags (cough wmds in Iraq, cough reliable reports, cough lol)
    Why? It allowed us to slap Russia across the face and kick out some of their spies. Seems like a win all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Why? It allowed us to slap Russia across the face and kick out some of their spies. Seems like a win all the way.
    Don't you want to know if they are telling you the truth or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you want to know if they are telling you the truth or not?
    I'll just add this, also from the article, remember this is an expert, not some politician:

And I think we’re approaching the point where the evidence is so rich that there are only two reasons not to accept it — one, because you don’t understand the technical details because you don’t have to skills, or because you don’t want to understand it for political reasons.

But you know what, fuck it. Just leave your head buried in sand.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    I'll just add this, also from the article, remember this is an expert, not some politician:

And I think we’re approaching the point where the evidence is so rich that there are only two reasons not to accept it — one, because you don’t understand the technical details because you don’t have to skills, or because you don’t want to understand it for political reasons.

But you know what, fuck it. Just leave your head buried in sand.
    But what evidence dude? They haven't published anything. I am willing to read, WHERE IS THE FUCKING EVIDENCE THOUGH?

The issue is that a foreign entity influenced a US election. Period. It has nothing to do with ones' political stance. This should be concerning to any US citizen.
    This sort of 'influence' is fair game. I hope more politicians/political groups get hacked so the public sees what's going on behind the scenes. Transparency in government is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    This sort of 'influence' is fair game. I hope more politicians/political groups get hacked so the public sees what's going on behind the scenes. Transparency in government is important.
    Foreign influence is not fair game. The US Constitution was formed around the concept of a gov't not influenced by a foreign entity. It is one the reasons we have an Electoral College. It is a reason why US Presidents have to be "natural-born" citizens.

but why should it be concerning, exactly? the US does the same, and even worse to other nations. so anyone from the US really has no moral highground here. their own tactics have been used against them for a change, boo hoo lol.

at least other nations didnt outright murder clinton or trump. you know, like the US has been doing for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what evidence dude? They haven't published anything. I am willing to read, WHERE IS THE FUCKING EVIDENCE THOUGH?
    I already linked the articles, i even gave you quotes cause i know you're too lazy to actually click on an article and read it. Here's more any asshole can find on google: http://arstechnica.com/security/2016...ked-for-trump/

And the gist is this, they put together the evidence they found from the dnc hack (cause they found their footprints on the system while the hack was going on, and these hackers have a record going back like 8 years or longer that crowdstrike and others have proved that these guys are the same guys who hacked ukranian phones and targeted them using the phones locations, and also the same cyber footprints have been found in all sorts of attacks. The thing is who the fuck else would be targeting ukranians to kill them in the middle of a war besides the russians WHO ARE AT WAR WITH THE UKRANIANS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Just for a brief while, though, it seems. What it really accomplished, was to bring Trump and Putin even closer together... and of course once again make Obama look like a fool next to Putin in the political games.