Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question MM single target build 7.1.5 ???

Anyone know what is the best dps build is for MM in new 7.1.5 patch??

Im currently downloading ptr because i want to test MM, im going to switch from BM to MM because its looking great , hopefully boring sidewinders talent is crap.

If anyone has the simcraft results please post it, maybe more tuning will be done but i want to know which talents are currently best for MM.

Tried to link the PTR talent calc but the link isn't working properly for me, links to a different talent setup, so here's what I believe is going to be the best single target build for MM in 7.1.5

15: Lone wolf
    30: Lock N load
    60: Patient Sniper
    90: Murder of Crows
    100: Piercing Shot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Tried to link the PTR talent calc but the link isn't working properly for me, links to a different talent setup, so here's what I believe is going to be the best single target build for MM in 7.1.5

It might be completely wrong for me to say that Piercing Shot is not going to be good, because I didn't really test it for long, but I can't see it working with our current focus generation and it's cost, first of all, you need to cast it inside a vulnerable window, which means you won't be able to cast AiS after using it for a while.

Trick Shot seems to offer much more value, 15% AiS damage (every AiS aside from the first) is big.

for what (little) it is worth . . . . .trick shot is the pick in the latest MM sim

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It might be completely wrong for me to say that Piercing Shot is not going to be good, because I didn't really test it for long, but I can't see it working with our current focus generation and it's cost, first of all, you need to cast it inside a vulnerable window, which means you won't be able to cast AiS after using it for a while.

Trick Shot seems to offer much more value, 15% AiS damage (every AiS aside from the first) is big.
    It only costs 20 Focus according to the PTR talent calc.

20 to 100 focus. Full damage only at 100 Focus.

It's damage scales based on how much focus is used, similar to earth shock on elemental shamans. Low focus spent = little damage. As others have mentioned, it looks like trick shot will be the go to for pure ST.

with the reduced focus pool piercing shot is unplayable. 100 focus at a cap of 120 is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Deavane View Post
    It's damage scales based on how much focus is used, similar to earth shock on elemental shamans. Low focus spent = little damage. As others have mentioned, it looks like trick shot will be the go to for pure ST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    20 to 100 focus. Full damage only at 100 Focus.
    Yeah i knew about that, the calculator just wasn't explaining whether it was still using up to 100 focus, the cost just said 20 and the description didn't indicate it used up to 100 still, so i just assumed it had been reduced to a flat 20 focus. Shame, could've been a worthwhile talent.

Nice feelycraft.

From messing around with most recent simcraft build I found true aim/trick shot top. But there will be more tuning before mythic week and probably even before live so kind of pointless even talking about it right now.

Lone Wolf/True Aim/Patient Sniper/Murder of Crows/Trick Shot as of now.

This shouldn't realistically change either given all of those (aside from lone wolf) would be the most suited for a patchwerk fights design-wise in their respective rows. If any of them ends up inferior to another talent for patchwerk fights, it'll practically be inferior under all circumstances so Blizzard will likely want to keep them as the respective strongest patchwerk talents.

^

What GT4 said. Although an addon to that would be that True Aim will only be good on PURE Single Target fights and not all single target fights (like Odyn). If there is an add that doesn't get stack/cleaved, but has to be single targeted down, Lock n' Load is probably right back to the top talent. So True Aim will be situational even in Single Target encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Megotaku77 View Post
    ^

What GT4 said. Although an addon to that would be that True Aim will only be good on PURE Single Target fights and not all single target fights (like Odyn). If there is an add that doesn't get stack/cleaved, but has to be single targeted down, Lock n' Load is probably right back to the top talent. So True Aim will be situational even in Single Target encounters.
    True aim in a realistic scenario not gonna be best than L&L there are no fights when you not have to move at all.

I am a lazy hunter, will wait the hunter community consensus to know what to do.

Isn't it Trick Shot and not Piercing shot. Sims seems to back it up, but I might be missing something somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    True aim in a realistic scenario not gonna be best than L&L there are no fights when you not have to move at all.
    True Aim isnt about moving its about never ever switching targets.

Quote Originally Posted by MelkorX View Post
    True Aim isnt about moving its about never ever switching targets.
    and uptime in the target, if a boss have a ability that can fuck our uptime from CA, its a dps loss compared to L&L

true aim also stacks a lot quicker since we'll be using arcane shot next patch but doubt that would push that over lnl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    and uptime in the target, if a boss have a ability that can fuck our uptime from CA, its a dps loss compared to L&L
    Which would basicly have to be a dmg immunity for the boss or a stun, disable of sorts on the player that makes you loose stacks. Movement alone wont be an issue not using SW.

IMHO
    Lone Wolf -or- Steady Focus. Pick which you like. Personally I loved how much better focus gen felt with SF.
    LnL on fights with frequent target swaps, otherwise True Aim.
    Patient Sniper
    Barrage, only use on aoe. Crows messes up the flow more than it's damage is worth.
    Trick Shot.

And yes, it's feelycraft :P