Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewyn View Post
    I just logged into my level 100 ret paladin, chose Stormheim as my first zone and the very first treasure chest I opened gave me a legendary. My brain has exploded.
    BS wtb10charsty

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    LFR is only 20KP per week (ToV + EN) according to this, you would need aprox 10 weeks alone to reach the average KPs where half the people had gotten their first legendary if the data is correct. That doesn't mean you can't get it sooner or later.
    And KP is?

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    And KP is?
    An arbitrary name given to bad luck protection so it can easily be represented as a points system. For a full explanation read the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    An arbitrary name given to bad luck protection so it can easily be represented as a points system. For a full explanation read the first post of this thread.
    OK, thanks. So eventually doing the stuff I do will generate a legendary. Is Legion the grindiest expansion ever? I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    OK, thanks. So eventually doing the stuff I do will generate a legendary. Is Legion the grindiest expansion ever? I think so.
    Yes, Legion is the grindiest expansion ever. It's very similar to Diablo 3 in a lot of ways.

The best way to get legendaries is to play a lot on one character. The best activities to do are the daily emissary cache, mythic/heroic raiding, mythic+ dungeons and regular mythic dungeons.

Finally got Legendary #5. Took me about 175ish M+ since they supposedly removed the soft-cap before Thanksgiving. Of course it was the legendary belt, so I'm still missing the ring and the wrists as a balance druid (/sigh)

My personal theory is that Blizzard stealth nerfed bad luck protection gains from M+ at some point in October. Prior to that, people in my guild were averaging a legendary every 30ish M+ dungeons.
    Kazz - GM of <Legacy Reborn> on Area 52

Yeah gotta be some kinda dimnishing return after certain amount of mythic+, my friend just grinds mythic+ and I mainly do raids and been getting legendaries before him

The best activities to do are the daily emissary cache, mythic/heroic raiding, mythic+ dungeons and regular mythic dungeons

Isn't this like every expansion ever? Do stuff, get stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    Is there a working KP calculator atm? Ty
    i7-4770k, Noctua NHD15, 16gb RipjawsX, Asus Z87A mobo, GTX 970 Palit, Samsung EVO 240GB SSD, WDC Black 1TB, Corsair HX850, XigmatekTalon case, Logitech G910 keyboard/G502 mouse.

I'm happy to help to test paladin-related stuff. I have 6 Ret pallies.

Also currently playing: S4 HC Crusader @ Diablo 3: RoS and SC2: Legacy of the Void

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post
    Finally got Legendary #5. Took me about 175ish M+ since they supposedly removed the soft-cap before Thanksgiving. Of course it was the legendary belt, so I'm still missing the ring and the wrists as a balance druid (/sigh)

My personal theory is that Blizzard stealth nerfed bad luck protection gains from M+ at some point in October. Prior to that, people in my guild were averaging a legendary every 30ish M+ dungeons.
    384 m+ and "finally" 5th legendary.. People averaging legendary every 30ish M+.... SMH

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Isn't this like every expansion ever? Do stuff, get stuff?
    Yes, but some people seem to have the impression that doing WQs, RPing and casually playing 4 hours a week will make legendaries rain from the sky, so I was just clarifying which activities had the highest legendary drop rate.

Yes, Legion is the grindiest expansion ever. It's very similar to Diablo 3 in a lot of ways.

The best way to get legendaries is to play a lot on one character. The best activities to do are the daily emissary cache, mythic/heroic raiding, mythic+ dungeons and regular mythic dungeons.
    I've never stepped foot in a mythic dungeon and never will so that's some what limiting. I wonder how many players have already canceled their subscriptions?

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    And since it will take me about 4-5 months for my next legendary with the (for me at least) huge effort I invested until now (~330 raid boss kills, ~200 M+, all daily caches), I could not care less to do more content.

P.S: My Druid alt, that has never done anything except daily caches and just enough normal(!) 5-man dungeons to complete the profession quests sits at 2 legendaries - the two best ones for Balance.
    I know at least 3-4 people completely rerolling their main from scratch 0-110 because the AP catch-up mechanic makes AP to 35 obtainable in a week after reaching 110. Since this bad luck protection may be a thing they are gonna keep rerolling till one of their toons gets the correct legendaries.

Both me and my S.O. do the same activities.
    She has a Legendary on all 3 of her characters.
    She got two of them in the same week.
    One on her main that had been 110 for weeks.
    The other on her newer alt, who had been 110 for a much shorter period.
    (Both of these came from a Mythic +0 Boss Kill.)

I have gotten none on my main, nor any character I play heavily.
    I got one on an alt I do very little with, and am barely logged onto.
    I do a WQ or two for order resources, that's basically it.
    That same character, actually .. may have 2 Legendaries.
    Do we count the Legendary Follower Item as a Legendary, or is that something entirely separate?
    If it counts, that's funny that I got two in the span of a week on an alt I barely do anything with.

So yeah, shit's RNG, yo'. I'd prolly just add like 0.1%+ per every mob you kill without looting one, or something.
    I have no idea what BLIZ has done to supposedly counter-act it. It seems like it'd be very hard to do without a very complex process like the information listed by the OP, so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyanna View Post
    384 m+ and "finally" 5th legendary.. People averaging legendary every 30ish M+.... SMH
    628 mythic+, full clear normal/heroic of both raids since they launched, including many full clears of mythic EN, every emissary box since launch including when we got 2 extras, over 500 heroic dungeons and full clear every regular mythic dungeon every week since launch. I don't have my 5th yet.

/KMS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilma View Post
    I know at least 3-4 people completely rerolling their main from scratch 0-110 because the AP catch-up mechanic makes AP to 35 obtainable in a week after reaching 110. Since this bad luck protection may be a thing they are gonna keep rerolling till one of their toons gets the correct legendaries.
    Those people are retarded. Traits don't stop at 35 and good gear doesn't fall from the sky. They'd get much better results long term just focusing on one character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheKaz View Post

My theory is that your guild as a whole is astronomically, hilariously, ludicrously lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Scraped my main toon last week it has 53 days played, 46 traits and 5 worthless legendaries. My new plan is to keep re rolling alts until one happens to get BIS legndaries on initial 1-2 drops. I know it sounds crazy but it's actually more efficient than grinding into ridiculously harsh diminishing returns. If I kept grinding on main my 6th legendary would take me 4-5 months to drop with a 20% chance of it being good. Fuck that! Without specific legendaries my spec is simply unplayable in a competitive environment. Also with new alt catch up system (instant 20AK) it will be easy to grind out traits. More importantly grinding will feel good knowing I have the BIS legenadires required to play my spec.

Already got first alt to 110 only took my 2 days of not really trying. Got my first legendary within 24 hours of hitting 110 and it's BIS! So with less than 24 hours played at 110 , I'm already ahead of my main toon that has 53 days played!!!
    goodluck reaching rank 46 before nighthold releases ...
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    goodluck reaching rank 46 before nighthold releases ...
    Probably hit 40 traits within a few days... I would much rather be missing 10-15 traits than BIS legendaries. The grind with bad legs feels horrible especially when you know for a fact you wont see another legendary for up to 6 months. How can you even compare the two? 2-3 weeks to catch up on traits vrs 6-12 grindy months just to have a 25% chance for a BIS on next leg drop. It's a dead toon and that's how people should start looking at it, stop wasting your time.
    Last edited by zoned; 2017-01-03 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    Probably hit 40 traits within a few days... I would much rather be missing 10-15 traits than BIS legendaries. The grind with bad legs feels horrible especially when you are on 5th and have no chance to get another for 6 months. How can you even compare the two? 2-3 weeks and I will be caught up on traits vrs 6-12 months to ever see a BIS leg.
    You don't understand how the system works.

You could run a normal dungeon and get a legendary every single boss. It is an RNG system with 1 deterministic factor.

I don't get why we're 4 months in and this isn't common knowledge already. It seems like people think it's all RNG or that there's no RNG.

Also, good gear, especially good trinkets, takes time to get.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2017-01-03 at 08:08 AM.

You could run a normal dungeon and get a legendary every single boss. It is an RNG system with 1 deterministic factor.

I don't get why we're 4 months in and this isn't common knowledge already. It seems like people think it's all RNG or that there's no RNG.

Well it is RNG and its not. Forgot about the hardcap at 4 or no? RNG will not help anyone with a cap on the number you can have. Blizz says they took that out, but they also said it wasn't in to begin with before data proved them wrong. They said there was nothing wrong in the beginning with the code when people were getting more legendaries based on how many they already had before data proved them wrong, then they said yeah we messed up but its fixed now. So you can believe them if you want, but its hard to brush off those who think there is more fishy business going on with regards to legendaries.

But anyway I think what the person you quoted was trying to say is based on data there is virtually no chance of getting a 6th legendary without insane amounts of KP and BLP and you took it too literal. In that case you would be better off starting over if you got garbo legys. I could be wrong though, just the way I took it.

The KP spreadsheet has predicted mine and most of my friends most recent legendary drops almost to the day. Clearly this is not RNG, legendaries are gated by diminishing returns, way beyond obvious at this point. I thought the RNG argument died 2 months ago after blizzard lied about a soft cap.
    Last edited by zoned; 2017-01-03 at 08:26 AM.