Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    "If I was married and my wife wanted to keep the product of rape I would be questioning if it was rape or not." -Jotaux, 2017

Come on dude. This is just sad now.
    Which is exactly what I just said, I would be question if it was rape or if it was not rape. Is english not your first language, because that would explain where you are having issues here.

If she is really religious and doesn't believe abortion is ever justified, it is perfectly possible for her to not want to abort the rape baby even if people would understand. She might not be excusing cheating or even making up the rape.

Now, keeping the child is a bit weirder, especially when her husband doesn't want to raise it. Adoption would probably be the best option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Granted, how many rape babies in not-third-world-countries are actually kept?
    I first thought this too, but appearantly that number is high...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hormones, man. They fuck with your head. The woman might not want to give the baby for adoption due to 'em.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    The answer is if you love your wife. You would respect her wishes when dealing with a bad situation to start with.
    Holy logical fallacy, Batman. You can love your wife and disagree with her decision. You can also love her, respect her decision and still leave.

The child is not responsible for the actions of their father.
    Neither are you.

If you don't love your wife, you would use this as an excuse to leave. But then, you probably shouldn't have been married in the first place.
    Way to double down. You do understand that the opposing equivalent is, "If your wife loves you, she'll respect that you don't want her to have another man's child. If she don't love you, she'll have it regardless of what you think", right? Being married is not a forfeiture of individuality, happiness or freedom of choice. You can love someone and not want to be with them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Plenty of places in the world. Plenty more where they'd just kill the woman
    Reminds me of the British girl who was arrested in Dubai for extramarital sex after being raped a few months ago.

Husband is not entitled to this decision. Also he should take in consideration that this child IS hers! Only evil people would want to kill their own child (no matter how it was 'made'), and stats are saying women after abortion of 'rape baby' get deep depression when they acknowledge they just killed theirs own child (which is innocent).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Husband is not entitled to this decision. Also he should take in consideration that this child IS hers! Only evil people would want to kill their own child (no matter how it was 'made'), and stats are saying women after abortion of 'rape baby' get deep depression when they acknowledge they just killed theirs own child (which is innocent).
    Okay. That doesn't change the fact that not wanting to raise a child your wife had with her rapist is an incredibly understandable stance to have.

Not only is it not your child, but you will be permanently reminded of the event by him/her.

Its completely understandable for him to want that. I have no idea what i would do in that situation. I already have a rule that i will not date a single mother because i dont want to raise a child that isnt mine. Ya its unfair for the child, but raising a kid that isnt mine is one of the most degrading things i could personally do. It may be different for you.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No court anywhere in the world will let a man force a woman to get an abortion.

Come to China and you see it happens every single day.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Reminds me of the British girl who was arrested in Dubai for extramarital sex after being raped a few months ago.
    Or most of the middle east where it's the woman's fault for pretty much anything. Let's throw rocks at her

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Okay. That doesn't change the fact that not wanting to raise a child your wife had with her rapist is an incredibly understandable stance to have.

Not only is it not your child, but you will be permanently reminded of the event by him/her.
    That I can understand. But not killing
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Why is this 39 pages?
    Yes, the man has a right to ask, but not to "force".
    He also has the right to leave if she says no.

If this happened to me, I would ask, if the answer was no, I would leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's "OKAY" for the husband to want whatever the fuck he wants. Be it a new car, his wife to get an abortion, or for him to be the fucking Queen of England. That doesn't mean he has some kind of right to get any of those things.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The Lord works in mysterious ways, I suppose.

I'm not saying I agree with her... just what her motivations might be.
    There's no lord and there's no way, mysterious or not. That shit was invented by a smart ass fucker to come up with an excuse why, for example, 100 people are being burnt alive in the church after being struck by lightning.

To bad for that poor fucker that he got involved with a brainwashed retarded twat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    There's no lord and there's no way, mysterious or not. That shit was invented by a smart ass fucker to come up with an excuse why, for example, 100 people are being burnt alive in the church after being struck by lightning.

To bad for that poor fucker that he got involved with a brainwashed retarded twat.
    Again, I'm not agreeing with her. I'm just saying that if you're a person that truly believes that abortion is murder then there is no "rape clause" that would make abortion ok. The offspring would bear no responsibility for the actions of the man that sired it. She'd still be "murdering" an "innocent child".

Again, these are not my thoughts on the subject...just an theory on what her thoughts might be. If it is what she's thinking... I don't agree with her on any of it... but at least she logically consistent.

But, even if she is committed to carrying the baby to term...there still no good reason for her to keep that child.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I can't believe how backwards thinking some people in these thread are. So I have to start from the beginning

If you want to make bread, but you don't have an oven, you go to the shop and ask the oven-owner to bake it for you. The oven-owner can choose to take your bread or not.
    If he chooses to take your bread, he has to apply your rules to his oven. Saying "His oven, his choice" or "You should not have a say to what he does with his oven" is unreasonable. And yet I see it happening and is considered okay in today's society!!

In any logical world, the only choice the oven-owner should have, is to refuse to take your bread. That is the control. You don't want to bake the bread, don't accept the bread. If the bread was put in the oven against the will of the owner, then and only then, the oven-owner should have a choice to discard the bread.

Technology has progressed to the point that we are very close to making bread without oven. Because only the breadmaker is needed to make bread, and not the oven-owner. Experiments have already worked on this. In the near future, this will be reality, and it will be clear to everyone why the oven-owner is not the owner of the bread and how unreasonable is to let him make any decisions about the bread except who to accept as client.

TL;DR: The owner of the oven, is not the owner of the bread, he is only taking care of it for a short period of time, and it is unreasonable that today he can decide anything about the bread, except the initial choice to accept the client or not. Have no fear though, because this is about to change in the future, radically.

Deleted
    Hmm, well,... that sucks.

Do they have any previous children?
    If not, then she can hardly sue him for alimony when he leaves...

If they do... well that sucks even more. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it's a fucked up situation, seriously. If I were in that situation...man I don't know. Right now I would say that I would wanna leave her if she didn't get an abortion. I will always stand by my belief that it is the woman's choice to have an abortion or not since it's her body that has to go through with it but I just don't think I could handle the thought that this kid I have to raise and support with my hard earned money came from some asshole raper. When I think about it it's almost like you're helping the rapist guy by raising his kid. I mean either way I'm fucked. I stay with her then I'm stuck raising some rapists kid. If I leave, people will think of me as some horrible person because I don't want to help raise the kid.

People seem to think this only affects women which it mostly does but it also has an affect on men's lives too who are often the ones who get the flak because you know with them being men and all. We don't have feelings we're just animals that just has sex with anything that moves. So while i think the decision should come down to the woman I also think the man should have some say in it as well.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's a case for reform of child support laws. Nothing else.

Regardless, the fundamental inequality is a result of biology. No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that. Your "equality" means that when the birth control fails, one person is stuck with a burden that may get turned into an expensive burden, which is the exact sort of thing you insist is such a problem and unequal right now when it affects men. You can't legislate this inequality away. It's intrinsic to the situation. Given that I see no reason society should pick up the tab for your fun when you're perfectly capable of contributing, no financial abortions 4u. However, I'm going to stop here. This entire issue was pretty thoroughly covered in the thread already, so feel free to seek answers to future rebuttals there.
    Because there are no women tricking men into having said baby. None at all.
    Now if it fails there is an option of abortion. Use it, if you choose not to, the other involved party should have the exact same option. Now if you do not want to abort, adoption is another option. The burden would then be the pregnancy and maybe the costs involved should be shared. After that it stops. Simple.
    You know it's easy that way.
    Equal choice.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/