Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I don't choose the names of them, they are set with how they are I just make adjestments to make the gear (and APL when I can) as best as possible.
    T19M is pre Nighthold gear
    T19H NH is Heroic Nighthold gear and below
    T19M NH is Mythic Nighthold gear and below

I wasn't intending to sound arrogant with how I said that so I apologize about that, just if you look at ours and see not NH gear, then look at others as well like say a DH or mage or such, you could see the same. That's how I always check cus sometimes things end up weird in profiles before they get optimized (ie sims from a bit ago were using UF on the Unholy profile).
    Thank you for explaining the naming system. Personally I've always thought it might prevent some of the tremendous abuse SimC suffers from if there was perhaps a little paragraph explaining what the general parameters of a set of sims was actually showing, like for this one "These sims are equipped in Mythic+ and EN Mythic gear". Most people generally get linked that page and take it at face value rather than poking around in it.

The comment about having the 2 piece enabled came from seeing this string in the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by SimC
    # set_bonus=tier19p_plate_2pc=1
    But I take this is for the Versatility set bonus? I didn't get the impression from looking at the UH profile that the other classes would be wearing NH gear either but I did think that you might have the set bonus' enabled.

Since I'm going Unholy for Nighthold then what's the best way to play the CS build? Do what you did with Castigator and neglect SoW or try and keep a stack of 4+ wounds so that we can burst them all whilst SoW is active?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Sms don't even have the aura's in too, so we're actually slightly above Frost.
    Is that the sim result for single target only or the entire Nighthold raid as a whole? (and btw when will we see a complete sim result with auras calculated) Since Nighthold is more AoE than Emerald Nightmare I was expecting Unholy to be in the middle top area.

Still a bit worried about our ST damage. I understand our cleave/aoe will skyrocket but are we looking to cap out at like the lower middle ground or surpass it and actually move into the upper middle group?
    Last edited by KodoRealTalk; 2017-01-05 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Rambling

Are there no sim results with shoulders+DA+SI+Convergence?

Is it really the case that even with so much focus, DA is still so bad? What's the math/general sense of why DA is so poor?

Edit: so DA is the same DPS (before using RP) as garg? And it's for 15s vs 40s? That's pretty dumb. Would have expected it to do the same dmg as garg, but in 15s =[.
    Last edited by sunbrother; 2017-01-05 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    Did blizzard really buff DA/gargoyle as announced ?

Someone always posts this link, in every thread. Sims cannot be used to stack rank across specs. Anyone posting that link doesn't know what he's talking about.

Regarding not getting another PTR, I wouldn't be so sure-- they said the auras were temporary for easier testing, and the percentage buffs would be baked-in to abilities before going live. So either 7.1.5 goes live on Jan 10 without us being able to test with the auras baked-in, or we get another PTR. Could go either way, really.

Now not to cause any controversy but from the looks of it we're not getting any real changes in 7.1.5, other than a few buffs for unholy, are we? So much for blizzard taking a look at all the specs across the board... I'm aware that they're a bunch of classes/spec and it's really hard to balance them all but come on... Don't hype people up then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sephirosu View Post
    Now not to cause any controversy but from the looks of it we're not getting any real changes in 7.1.5, other than a few buffs for unholy, are we? So much for blizzard taking a look at all the specs across the board... I'm aware that they're a bunch of classes/spec and it's really hard to balance them all but come on... Don't hype people up then...
    Blizzard is absolutely addressing Unholy's biggest problems: 1) RNG with Wounds/opener and 2) Bracers making or breaking competitiveness of the spec.

They are slightly nerfing Bracers by making a change that is actually a QoL buff, which is sweet. That takes care of (2).

Furthermore, they are changing Apocalypse to only burst 6 Wounds max while keeping the damage of 6 7.1.5 ghouls equal to 8 7.1.0 ghouls, keeping Apoc ghouls the same damage while substantially buffing Army of the Dead (the 10 min CD).

Buffs coming to nearly every aspect of Unholy, including many that promote the upcoming Mastery build that should be extremely fun and synergistic.

The only nerfs that I can recall are PP going to 1 rune per 8 Wounds, and RC being slightly nerfed. Both of these are offset by our powerful tier set and PP will still be great anyway.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm super hyped for Unholy in Nighthold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skjaldborg View Post
    Blizzard is absolutely addressing Unholy's biggest problems: 1) RNG with Wounds/opener and 2) Bracers making or breaking competitiveness of the spec.

They are slightly nerfing Bracers by making a change that is actually a QoL buff, which is sweet. That takes care of (2).

Furthermore, they are changing Apocalypse to only burst 6 Wounds max while keeping the damage of 6 7.1.5 ghouls equal to 8 7.1.0 ghouls, keeping Apoc ghouls the same damage while substantially buffing Army of the Dead (the 10 min CD).

Buffs coming to nearly every aspect of Unholy, including many that promote the upcoming Mastery build that should be extremely fun and synergistic.

The only nerfs that I can recall are PP going to 1 rune per 8 Wounds, and RC being slightly nerfed. Both of these are offset by our powerful tier set and PP will still be great anyway.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm super hyped for Unholy in Nighthold.
    Don't underestimate bliz ability to nerf a spec into the ground 3 days after release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Don't underestimate bliz ability to nerf a spec into the ground 3 days after release.
    I was there...on the third day of HFC...when the Frost nerfs came.

*Lights cigarette*

Dark times, laddie...

*Lights cigarette*

Dark times, laddie...
    It was truly one sad day...that rug left so many burns from how fast they pulled it out under from us.

Deleted

*Lights cigarette*

Dark times, laddie...
    oh i renember that :/

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    oh i renember that :/
    Couldn't be op for too long. Been to much outcry from others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Couldn't be op for too long. Been to much outcry from others.
    even if some other specs/classes do like 100k more then us people are more likly to cry about dk being op then that other escpialy if its a mage/rogue/hunter

If a mage or rogue or w/e is op, its fine. It will likely stay that way for months. If a dk is ever top, it will immediately be nerfed in a hotfix. For whatever reason, they seriously do not like our class.

Minor nerf to frost 4pc - now refunds 8RP instead of 10RP when you howling blast with Rime up.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    even if some other specs/classes do like 100k more then us people are more likly to cry about dk being op then that other escpialy if its a mage/rogue/hunter
    Death Knights can't have any fun for long. Get buffed in 6.2 nerfed 4 days later *didn't see that coming*. Our mobility was decent, Death;s advance presence, now we got this lame wraith walk.

Our tier just got nerfed while ret's got buffed. ROFL OKAY BLIZZARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Not even a large enough nerf to complain about. Will change nothing.
    It's a whopping 20% nerf! How can you possibly be fine with that! You should be outraged because we need all the buffs we can get. Grab the pitchforks boys we're burning this place to the ground!

GRRRRRRR RABBLE RABBLE!!!