Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by hellgrazer View Post
    Well I guess that relics kinda fill that spot? A big relic upgrade also makes a big difference
    Yeah but back when I played hunter, and I would finally get a great new bow, not only did I get an immediate visual reward (relics dont change the appearance, skins are not quite the same), but I also eagarly anticpated the next raid night (most great weapons seemed to fall off the last boss) to see how much a difference my new weapon would make (this was even more true before they standardized weapon speed). Now with a new relic, "ohh cool I gained an ilvl and my dps went up by 0.7%"... not quite as rewarding to me.

Nah, my guild mates and still get excited for ourselves and each other when an upgrade drops. Legendaries are just a new flavor of upgrade. We also get excited for relics, trinkets, or anything else we can use.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Dont get me wrong, I like the Artifact weapons. But a side-effect (at least for me) has been less anticipation and excitement from boss loot droops (loot joy).

In past expansions, nothing seemed like a better reward than getting a big weapon upgrade. Since our weapons are set this expansion, that anticipation and excitement seems to be missing. Getting a new bracelet or ring, or some fancy new shoes, just isnt as exciting or rewarding as getting a new kick-ass bow or mace or sword.

Im curious if others also find this dulling the "joy of the kill" a bit?
    To emphasise a bit on "loot joy", most of my bis gear comes from mythic plus. The only thing that is good for me in ToV mythic is the trinket from Helya. Everything else is not good at all. The reward from raiding (even looking into night hold loot table) is very very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's been replaced by the joy guildies get laughing at people who get stuck with Prydaz or Sephuz, and their total resignation to the fact that this has massively limited their hope of every getting a good legendary.
    This. SO MUCH THIS.

Legendaries could have been fucking amazing, but some shitter of a troll dev decided to make these two pieces of shit exist. I will never be able to fathom the dev that honestly thought it would be a good idea to ever let non-dps increasing legendaries drop for dps specs. There isn't a single dps out there that would ever want them.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrazer View Post
    Well I guess that relics kinda fill that spot? A big relic upgrade also makes a big difference
    yeah this. Relics are our weapon drops this expansion. Its no different than having that cool bow or sword drop.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    This. SO MUCH THIS.

Legendaries could have been fucking amazing, but some shitter of a troll dev decided to make these two pieces of shit exist. I will never be able to fathom the dev that honestly thought it would be a good idea to ever let non-dps increasing legendaries drop for dps specs. There isn't a single dps out there that would ever want them.
    There aren't dps who want it the most, but the current neck is great for those wanting mast > all, and the 7.1.5 sephuz is insanely good and will be a great dps legendary. Hardly one to be disappointed about

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Some of us play (or played) the game largely for the thrill of acquiring cool new gear. With skins relatively easy to obtain now, it is understandable that some feel like that particular thrill has been lost.

Personally, I got sick of the grind in Legion FAST--the hamster wheel grew a little too obvious, as it did in lategame WoD. So I mostly treated the game as my personal fashion show, and when I ran out of fun transmogs to hunt for, I bounced.
    I don't get that though, the ToV mog sets aren't easy to get, nor mythic. Where was the past expansions difficulty in getting mogs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I get the same feeling from relics except that now there is 3x the chance of that happening.
    In my opinion, relics are way worse precisely because I need 3 of them. So I need the luck for a "good weapon" 3x as much as before. And they need to have the right traits on them. And they need to WF/TF. Three times...

It is like a lot of the gearing systems in Legion: too much RNG on top of the usual RNG.
    Last edited by mmoc8b94713eb4; 2017-01-05 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    In my opinion, relics are way worse precisely because I need 3 of them. So I need the luck for a "good weapon" 3x as much as before. And they need to have the right traits on them. And they need to WF/TF. Three times...

It is like a lot of the gearing systems in Legion: too much RNG on top of the usual RNG.
    But it isn't like that at all.

For example in previous expansions, you had 1 BiS weapon, often from later bosses in the raid, so for plenty of players, it was impossible to get it at the higher difficulty ilvl. And for players who did do that content, they were limitted to 1 attempt a week AND had to compete with others in there raid who had that as BiS.

Now, you have 3 relics, and for most specs, a BiS one with a 2nd BiS that not too far off. The BiS one, would have roughly 3+ locations it drops from. So you can try to get it more than once a week, and aren't just limited or required to raid in order to get your best.

Yes you need 3, but you have many many more opportunities to get them than you did in previous expansions.

Deleted
    Dont get me wrong, I like the Artifact weapons. But a side-effect (at least for me) has been less anticipation and excitement from boss loot droops (loot joy).

In past expansions, nothing seemed like a better reward than getting a big weapon upgrade.
    I dunno. In the last expac (HFC) my "big weapon" upgrade was a drop off Mannoroth. Of course it didn't drop during progression.
    It dropped first during farm runs after we had killed Archi - it was kinda useless by then.

Dunno how much "joy" there was. Not much. It was mostly just relief to have it so I could stop signing up for farm runs. I must say I'd take the artifact system over the old system any time.

Relics sort of fill the weapon drop slot now.

In past expansions, nothing seemed like a better reward than getting a big weapon upgrade. Since our weapons are set this expansion, that anticipation and excitement seems to be missing. Getting a new bracelet or ring, or some fancy new shoes, just isnt as exciting or rewarding as getting a new kick-ass bow or mace or sword.

Im curious if others also find this dulling the "joy of the kill" a bit?
    I agree, it's an issue.
    Then again, loot was not that exiting in WoD either.

The random ilvl, sockets and extra stats more or less took away the joy of looting anything. It's usually: Aww, man! Not warforged? Or even a socket? Fuck this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    But it isn't like that at all.

For example in previous expansions, you had 1 BiS weapon, often from later bosses in the raid, so for plenty of players, it was impossible to get it at the higher difficulty ilvl. And for players who did do that content, they were limitted to 1 attempt a week AND had to compete with others in there raid who had that as BiS.

Now, you have 3 relics, and for most specs, a BiS one with a 2nd BiS that not too far off. The BiS one, would have roughly 3+ locations it drops from. So you can try to get it more than once a week, and aren't just limited or required to raid in order to get your best.

Yes you need 3, but you have many many more opportunities to get them than you did in previous expansions.
    You left out the fact that all sources except mythic raids have far worse itemlevels on them and you not only need the luck of your item dropping, but also insane luck for it to titanforge 15/20+ itemlevels.

I much prefer killing/farming one boss/dungeon per week with a loot table of ~15 items, because if the item drops, it is awesome for whomever gets it. Far better than doing MoS 100x and seeing 5 Mementos of Angerboda, all 865 and lower, when you need at least 880.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    There are fuckloads more trinkets in the loot tables. They are meant to be the "exciting" drops

Granted, not only is it first tier where trinkets are usually average, they have also been extraordinarily lacklustre on their own merits. But wait until we're in Tomb Of Sargeras and each boss has a couple of BITCHING trinkets that your raid can fight over, instead of weapons.
    naw, pretty sure any relic that titanforges correctly to max ilevel for me will always boost my furious slash dmg by 7%.

fucking seriously, the only way I can stay sane is telling myself that *maybe* the raised item level and white damage for my artifact weapon makes up for losing another 5% raging blow dmg, or 3% bonus dmg on criticals, or 3% bonus dmg during battle cry, but I just fucking know it isn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    You left out the fact that all sources except mythic raids have far worse itemlevels on them and you not only need the luck of your item dropping, but also insane luck for it to titanforge 15/20+ itemlevels.
    And the even more insane luck for it to do that with the right fukcing relic instead of fukcing bullshit relic. damn, it was like a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I get the same feeling from relics except that now there is 3x the chance of that happening.
    Pretty much and you are also not as useless now if your weapon drop luck is abyssmal.. I don't miss the times when we were 8 melee waiting for a single sword drop and didn't have it for months. Relics seem to be decently spread out, so you can at least get a shit one for ilvls.