Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38521503

Do you think Trump will continue putting himself before his country by denying such accusations from his own intelligence? Irrespective of the election however I find such accusations quite scary if indeed true
    You think your country is less scary to other EU counties? YOU BREXIT! I think your most local political, the one you as person could talk to when you would move your ass for 10minutes, is more scary than trump. Because you don't even do move that way to him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Well, no, you assume I will. I'm saying I'll wait for a public report. I know you will wait for Trump's response, not because I assume you will, despite you claiming otherwise. But, because that's what you said...

His choice is to deny it or to admit he was wrong. You really need to wait to see which one it will be?

No, I don't. Trump is denying assertions being made. The report will not hinge in its validity to what Trump will respond with. I don't care for his spin...
    I said I would wait for Trump response... without specifying why. The conclusion you've jumped on was that I would wait for him to make my mind. That's not it, my mind's already set -- unless they have formidable evidence to change my mind. It's not impossible or too far fetched, I still think it's possible, but I still tend to believe it's most likely a jab at the rep. government from the democrats.

I also want to check his reaction. It's fundamental, I'm not done making my mind about Trump's. I have high and lows about him, I want to check how he react under genuine, non-theatrical pressure to act. That should be revealing.

And good for you, you don't have to wait for anyone to tell you what to think, neither should you.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Didn't Donny boy want to give us some amazing insight on the topic like....yesterday?
    "Intelligence" moved intelligence briefing for Trump on this matter to Friday... because reasons.

Obviously not because their report wasn't good enough!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, the evidance Bush used was recanted, because the informant was shown to just be after money, before the war. The report is called the 9/11 commission, which didn't have CIA or FBI making a case for WMDs... but, Secretary of State Colin Powell. Bush went against US intelligence, foreign intelligence and UN inspectors... just like Trump is doing now, not the other way around.
    Maybe I'm not being clear, the report that was released in 2004 via FOI, it shows Iraq not having WMDs. This report was created nine months before the initial invasion. This is what we found out in 2004.

BUT

This report was initially used to justify the invasion, and never once did the CIA say "hold on, there were no WMDs", when its crystal clear, they knew in 2002 he didn't have them, nor was his little shitty stock pile of scuds of any concern. Once people realized there were no WMDs, they started questioning intel reports and throwing out FOI requests, and only then did the american people have "verifiable proof" it was all bullshit.

CIA could have stepped in at any moment. . . .and stopped Iraq War 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    With any luck (for everyone), Trump will fuck up and grab some intern by the pu**y and we'll have someone abit less crazy steering the US.
    Last I looked messing with an intern was not enough to remove the Prez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Intelligence" moved intelligence briefing for Trump on this matter to Friday... because reasons.

Obviously not because their report wasn't good enough!
    Obama (still the President) is receiving the report today. Trump is getting his tomorrow. All there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Obama (still the President) is receiving the report today. Trump is getting his tomorrow. All there is to it.
    And the one they were supposed to share on Wednesday was... what exactly?

Didn't they had all proof required months ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    And the one they were supposed to share on Wednesday was... what exactly?

Didn't they had all proof required months ago?
    Everything I've heard was the original plan was Thursday Obama and Friday Trump. Where are you getting Wednesday from? Trump?

15+ Year Old Account
    Assange of course denies that it was the Russians who gave him the information, but do you think that Russians, having attained the information, would be so careless as to directly hand it over to Assange? They more than likely gave it to a third party so Assange wouldn't be the wiser. That people so eagerly believe Assange's word on this without considering that as a possibility just shows how much they're willing to believe anything that removes any doubt on Trump's election as legitimate.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But if Russians were so careful wouldn't they have framed someone else for the hack, like China? It would've gone like this, careful Russians hack the DNC and make it look like it was China, then they carefully give the data to Wikileaks via Chinese contact, USA sanctions China and expels their diplomats.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Everything I've heard was the original plan was Thursday Obama and Friday Trump. Where are you getting Wednesday from? Trump?
    Donald J. Trump ‏@ realDonaldTrump 4 Jan.
    The "Intelligence" briefing on so-called "Russian hacking" was delayed until Friday, perhaps more time needed to build a case. Very strange!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he thought he was getting his the same day as Obama? /shrug

Not a big deal either way. They're both receiving the highly classified version of the report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38521503

Do you think Trump will continue putting himself before his country by denying such accusations from his own intelligence? Irrespective of the election however I find such accusations quite scary if indeed true
    Who got elected? Trump or CIA?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Brushing aside Donald Trump's dismissiveness, the nation's intelligence chief insisted Thursday that U.S. agencies are more confident than ever that Russia interfered in America's recent presidential election. And he called the former Cold War foe an "existential threat" to the nation.
    Did Russian hacking sway the results? There's no way for U.S. agencies to know, said James Clapper, the director of national intelligence.
    Asked about the possible effect of the disclosure of private information stolen by hackers, Clapper said, "The intelligence community can't gauge the impact it had on the choices the electorate made." But he did say Russian hacking "did not change any vote tallies."
    Clapper's testimony to the Senate Armed Services Committee was short on concrete evidence of Russian activities, but it raised the stakes in the intelligence community's standoff with Trump. Clapper indicated the agencies he leads would not back down in their assessment, even if that threatens a prolonged crisis of confidence with their next commander in chief.

This from AP today.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Who got elected? Trump or CIA?
    If Trump won't even trust our own intelligence agencies then maybe we truly should be afraid.

Remember how they promised us WMD in the Middle East? I genuinely don't trust anything we're told anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    But if Russians were so careful wouldn't they have framed someone else for the hack, like China? It would've gone like this, careful Russians hack the DNC and make it look like it was China, then they carefully give the data to Wikileaks via Chinese contact, USA sanctions China and expels their diplomats.
    Anything is a possibility. But so far, the intelligence officials are stating strong evidence that it was the Russians. Assange also was very openly pro-Trump, and showing that the leaks were Russian in origin would in some ways, but not completely, deligitimize a Trump presidency and shed doubt on every single part of his presidency for however long he serves. Not saying he wouldn't be president, but it creates doubt on his already shaky claim to the position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    Remember how they promised us WMD in the Middle East? I genuinely don't trust anything we're told anymore.
    People keep saying this, but seem to forget that it was not in the recommendation of the intelligence officials for Bush to say anything. They were encouraging them to wait and see what their investigations uncovered rather than jumping the gun. But the American people were mad and the time to declare an invasion was then, so Cheney, not intelligence officials, urged Bush to announce the WMD.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    CIA could have stepped in at any moment. . . .and stopped Iraq War 2.0.
    Bro, the CIA does not have any authority over the presidents decisions, or the decisions of the legislature to authorize military actions. They can advice the president and congress all they want, but the president and congress have no obligation to actually listen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Claws View Post
    The Bush administration did, the CIA never made this promise.

"This thing we've been claiming Russia did for a month and change now we're going to tell you exactly why, soon!"

Clapper has basically no credibility here so he can take his interventionist driven "reasons" and stick them up his ass. They've been beating the war drums against Russia for basically the entire 2nd term of Obama and this is yet another attempt to drag us into war.

Fuck them.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    "This thing we've been claiming Russia did for a month and change now we're going to tell you exactly why, soon!"

Clapper has basically no credibility here so he can take his interventionist driven "reasons" and stick them up his ass. They've been beating the war drums against Russia for basically the entire 2nd term of Obama and this is yet another attempt to drag us into war.

Fuck them.
    If Trumpers are so averse to war, why all the saber rattling at China and the middle east?

I mean, hypocrisy has been rampant, so why am I at all surprised...