Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It would be nice, but i just don't think its feasible for Blizzard.

You don't need additional levels to have a longer leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Why don't they make an expansion that increases the levels by 50 instead of 10 or 5? Have the leveling experience last a bit longer than usual and make that content great again. You can surely have a mechanism where if you reach maximum level on 1 character you can increase the experience gained by X amount to accomodate alts.

Is there any actual reason that this is not happening apart from having to create massive zones and way more quests etc? They can clearly iterate through quests since they've been already doing this with every content of this expansion.
    Or maybe skip the leveling entirely, and actually focus on end-game content that the players will spend 99% of the game doing?

The entire point of leveling doesn't even make sense in wow anymore. Just make all the character progression actually matter instead of wasting precious dev time of leveling content. Look at artifact and iLVL progression at level cap for what I'm talking about. Your character gets stronger because it's obtaining new gear, and new Artifact levels and powers. There's no need for artificial "Levels" that are useless and invalidated the moment you hit cap.

What the game needs is more diverse progression and a broadening of character options instead of just more levels. Take a look at Path of Exiles skill gem and passive talent tree for an idea of what's possible. Alternatively, look at EVE online's skill-based system where a character can focus on all sorts of things. Or, hell, even FFXIV's job system where you can unlock different skills by playing different classes.

The main reason why content is exhausted in WoW too quickly is because it's too linear, and character levels are part of that on-rails experience. Level scaling attempts to mitigate this, but fails because it doesn't take into account continued character progression at cap by means other than raw levels. The open world very quickly becomes trivial because of this. If Blizzard wants to avoid wasting so much dev time, then they MUST move away from spending so much effort on content which is almost immediately made irrelevant by not being able to scale through the entire life of the expansion and character power progression.

"There's no way for Blizzard to ever make content which can keep up with the rate players consume it." No shit? Maybe it's because Blizzard is wasting all their effort on an open world that only lasts the 2 days it takes to hit level cap?
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-01-06 at 07:57 PM.

50 more levels is in the crack-smoking tier of ideas.

Would be an incredible waste of time and money.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Because WoW isn't a F2P Asian MMO.
    LOL. This is true. I end up playing those for a short amount of time then not wanting to because of all the leveling, I would probably quit wow if this happened.

If you want to endlessly quest, why not just start more alts? If you're on a connected server that's at least 22 toons you can have. Just keep leveling and leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Why don't they make an expansion that increases the levels by 50 instead of 10 or 5? Have the leveling experience last a bit longer than usual and make that content great again. You can surely have a mechanism where if you reach maximum level on 1 character you can increase the experience gained by X amount to accomodate alts.

Is there any actual reason that this is not happening apart from having to create massive zones and way more quests etc? They can clearly iterate through quests since they've been already doing this with every content of this expansion.
    Though, how I wouldn't mind, I don't think the playerbase is ready for such a big jump anymore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would like it, but obviously not in the same style of recent expansions fast-paced, story-based leveling experience.
    At 50 levels, there would be enough content in between (and hopefully heroic/mythic at max level) to keep you looking forward to new things and new dungeons, zones, getting better gear, etc. without even reaching max level. Since it's leveling, it will probably be pretty accessible to everyone, and I think this would provide a lot more rewarding casual gameplay than exists currently. Leveling isn't fun, but it could be!

imho they could just remove the leveling aspect of the game.
    who cares.
    with scaled things everywhere growing in levels is basically useless.
    you don't learn new skill
    you don't unlock anything through levels
    you grow stronger but also the mobs in the zone

the leveling in legion is basically a long chain quest, and you also must continue it after level 110, so what's the point of the 10 levels?
    in legion you are not playing to reach lvl 110, you playing to complete the chain quest.

plus, with wq you are forced into the world all the time anyway, doing the same quest you did leveling

Quote Originally Posted by saeros View Post
    imho they could just remove the leveling aspect of the game.
    who cares.
    with scaled things everywhere growing in levels is basically useless.
    you don't learn new skill
    you don't unlock anything through levels
    you grow stronger but also the mobs in the zone

the leveling in legion is basically a long chain quest, and you also must continue it after level 110, so what's the point of the 10 levels?
    in legion you are not playing to reach lvl 110, you playing to complete the chain quest.

plus, with wq you are forced into the world all the time anyway, doing the same quest you did leveling
    Exactly. So...what about a different system that awarded new skills and power progression, sort of what we already have with the Artifacts, but made into the core system of "leveling" for the entire expansion? Replace the standard on-rails questing with something more like zone progression that we see in Suramar. Make the entire open world of the new expansion after that model, with new world quests unlocked as you progress through each area.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Level 99 twink. Can get artifact weapon at level 98, with the scaling of items and level 91 crafteds, each zone giving an ilevel 800 item no matter your level... it's quite fruitful for twinking. Most of the other old twink levels are shit though.
    Well yeah I was more referring to lower levels

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Well yeah I was more referring to lower levels
    I mean, it was rather shit that a newly dinged 10 disc is unkillable. Also quite fun, cuz I had 8 of them fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

WoW is built around the end-game. Why spend all your resources on leveling zones?? They made that mistake with Cataclysm and it "killed" the game's subscription base.

Deleted
    I don't think I would like something like this. Leveling feels like a chore already, I would rather they removed leveling from the game.

Next expansion will have the level cap at 60, just like vanilla.

Compressed levelling ... lvl := lvl div 2 etc.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    I'd be happy to skip questing completely in a new expansion. It's one of the reasons I don't level alts until late on when there really is nothing more to do with my main.

WoW is an endgame now, and its annoying that every two years I have to stop what I'm doing to go and level for a week!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be great to make it last longer indeed, Legion level up is barely 8 hours which is pretty lame since it´s a great experience overall.

Deleted
    I love leveling.

So: No.

To be honest I wish WoW would stop adding levels.

I wish it would hit a level cap and they just add on from there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD