Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Post FBI Says the Democratic Party Wouldn’t Let Agents See the Hacked Email Servers

Questions about the Democratic National Committee hack and Russia’s alleged involvement have been swirling for months, and have intensified as the intelligence community prepares to brief president-elect Donald Trump about its conclusions on Friday and release a declassified report next week. Ahead of this announcement, the DNC told Buzzfeed on Wednesday that neither the FBI nor any other intelligence agency ever did an independent assessment of the organization’s breached servers. Instead, they alleged, the FBI relied exclusively on information from private digital forensics company Crowdstrike. Now the FBI is refuting this account of the events.

In a statement to WIRED, a senior FBI law enforcement official wrote in an email Thursday that “The FBI repeatedly stressed to DNC officials the necessity of obtaining direct access to servers and data, only to be rebuffed until well after the initial compromise had been mitigated.” This contrasts with what DNC deputy communications director Eric Walker told Buzzfeed in an email: “The DNC had several meetings with representatives of the FBI’s Cyber Division and its Washington (DC) Field Office, the Department of Justice’s National Security Division, and U.S. Attorney’s Offices, and it responded to a variety of requests for cooperation, but the FBI never requested access to the DNC’s computer servers.”

In its statement, the FBI agreed with the DNC’s implication that it had instead relied on data from Crowdstrike. But the Bureau points the finger for its lack of independent evaluation squarely at the DNC. According to the FBI official, “This left the FBI no choice but to rely upon a third party for information. These actions caused significant delays and inhibited the FBI from addressing the intrusion earlier.”

When asked about the FBI’s comments and the two institutions’ differing accounts of events, the DNC referred WIRED to its statement to Buzzfeed on Wednesday.

On Thursday evening Trump tweeted that the DNC’s claim raises fundamental questions about whether a hack even occurred at the DNC at all. But whether the DNC was hacked is not in doubt. On that point the DNC and FBI agree that the hack happened. Third party evidence revealed an intrusion regardless of intelligence community findings (which also agree that a hack occurred).
    (source)

Is the FBI being scuttle because of the Comey thing or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Thanks for making this thread. I just posted a similar story and link in another thread.

Honestly, this idea that Russians "hacked" the elections should just fall under conspiracy theories now.

It has been debunked so hard that only rabid anti-trumpers believe this garbage.

Oh, so we're back to believing what the FBI has to say about hacks? You people need to make up your minds.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Oh, so we're back to believing what the FBI has to say about hacks? You people need to make up your minds.
    But if you believe the FBI, should you not believe them here now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    But if you believe the FBI, should you not believe them here now?
    Believe them about what? The DNC, FBI, and an independent party all agree that a hack took place.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Believe them about what? The DNC, FBI, and an independent party all agree that a hack took place.
    this is what "all party" is all about

https://www.facebook.com/socasusa/vi...3065655731319/

You would have to figure that if a hack of national security magnitude occurred the DNC would be compelled to hand over the hardware to investigators.

Unless of course ...one didn't occur...

Ahead of this announcement, the DNC told Buzzfeed on Wednesday that neither the FBI nor any other intelligence agency ever did an independent assessment of the organization’s breached servers. Instead, they alleged, the FBI relied exclusively on information from private digital forensics company Crowdstrike.
    Basically what this could mean is that the information these agencies were working from could have been fabricated.

If the quoted statement is true, this could all be one giant lie.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by ABEEnr2 View Post
    this is what "all party" is all about

https://www.facebook.com/socasusa/vi...3065655731319/
    No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    You would have to figure that if a hack of national security magnitude occurred the DNC would be compelled to hand over the hardware to investigators.

Unless of course ...one didn't occur...

Basically what this could mean is that the information these agencies were working from could have been fabricated.

If the quoted statement is true, this could all be one giant lie.
    Basically what your comment means is...nothing.

Assume this is true. So what? The FBI still came to the conclusion that Russia interfered with the election. What exactly do you think this proves?

Basically what your comment means is...nothing.
    That mythical ever elusive report you thought was gonig to damn Trump and Russia is more than highly suspect.

The basis for every conclusion came from "evidence" produced by people the DNC PAID!

This is the definition of a conspiracy theory.

The DNC loses once again.
    MAGA

One good thing that the whole supposed Russian hacking fiasco has done for me.....it has shown me the idiots that actually believe it happened who I can solidly ignore whenever they open their mouths now. Because they are right up there with "Elvis is still alive" and "Walt Disney's head is frozen in a time vault somewhere" and "There are Nazis on the moon!" conspiracy theorists in my opinion.

That mythical ever elusive report you thought was gonig to damn Trump and Russia is more than highly suspect.

The basis for every conclusion came from "evidence" produced by people the DNC PAID!

This is the definition of a conspiracy theory.

The DNC loses once again.
    Not coincidentally, one again, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    One good thing that the whole supposed Russian hacking fiasco has done for me.....it has shown me the idiots that actually believe it happened who I can solidly ignore whenever they open their mouths now. Because they are right up there with "Elvis is still alive" and "Walt Disney's head is frozen in a time vault somewhere" and "There are Nazis on the moon!" conspiracy theorists in my opinion.
    Please, enlighten us on your thoughts about the NSA spying. It should be interesting to hear how that never happened either.

Not coincidentally, one again, you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Except this comes directly from the DNC.

So its pretty obvious that YOU, once again, have no clue what YOU'RE talking about.

GG.
    MAGA

So what's the allegation here? That Crowdstrike falsified reports for the FBI on the order of the DNC?

So they cannot be trusted for the claims that show Trump's a liar, but now you're championing them here?

You need to make up your mind. Because I KNOW you don't want to be an enormous hypocrite.

Except this comes directly from the DNC.

So its pretty obvious that YOU, once again, have no clue what YOU'RE talking about.

GG.
    Sure, but let's start with your delusion that any evidence regarding the DNC hack and Russia somehow damns Trump. No one worth taking seriously has stated this. Its a line of argument you've fabricated in the warped version of reality that resides inside your head, and one you constantly try and attempt to attribute to anyone who has an actual serious thought on the matter that doesn't allow for Trump's idiocy to overrule logic and reason. It's not "damning" to him in anyway that he doesn't wish it to be.

Not to mention you don't even have the basics down. You are seriously delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So what's the allegation here? That Crowdstrike falsified reports for the FBI on the order of the DNC?
    Apparently Threatconnect too...

So, we vehemently believe the intelligence agency is wrong when it hurts our argument
    But they're magically right when it helps.

Nice
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-01-07 at 04:54 AM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Sure, but let's start with your delusion that any evidence regarding the DNC hack and Russia somehow damns Trump. No one worth taking seriously has stated this. Its a line of argument you've fabricated in the warped version of reality that resides inside your head, and one you constantly try and attempt to attribute to anyone who has an actual serious thought on the matter that doesn't allow for Trump's idiocy to overrule logic and reason. It's not "damning" to him in anyway that he doesn't wish it to be.

Not to mention you don't even have the basics down. You are seriously delusional.
    This is the crazy shit right here. The Trumpsters are actually feeding the story that Russia's hacks are the reason Trump got elected.

Plus Trump, the narcissist, cannot give in to saying "Lets look into this". He thinks that he is giving in to that he did not win the election. The insecurity on this mother fucker.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, it really does not matter except it proves the US needs to become much better at cyber security. China hacked into the US OPM and what was done to them? This is common around the world and it is nothing you threaten to go to war over ( as per Sen McCain said ), but get better at security. The Democrats need to accept the fact they lost not because of any hacking, but because they lost touch with a lot of struggling Americans.