Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrum View Post
    Wow did you guys see that graph in the scaling thing? https://cheald.github.io/warcraftlog...s/download.png

How trustworthy is this guy's research? Cuz that scaling number for outlaw is like... beyond low.
    It might change for outlaw with the 16% aura buff.

Got a casual question guys, I'm desperately looking for an alt to accompany my Havoc DH, I'm between Rogue and Warrior right now, looking mostly at M+ and tier 19 set bonuses...

Scaling wise, is it still Sub > Assa > Outlaw?

How strong is Rogue going to be compared to Warrior? I understand as it is now, Arms is pretty incredible, with Assassination right behind it, and for Mythic+ Outlaw and Fury are both pretty even. I've seen the Sub T19 set bonuses are going to be a huge boost for it, is this going to push Sub into being the #1 spec for Rogues? and if so, how will this spec perform In M+ and to an extent, general world content?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 7eq View Post
    It might change for outlaw with the 16% aura buff.
    I find that chart a little flawed also, I was always told that Sub and Arms scaled tremendously, but here it is getting outplayed by Frost DK and Shadow Priest... also see Ret and a ton of others beating it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Got a casual question guys, I'm desperately looking for an alt to accompany my Havoc DH, I'm between Rogue and Warrior right now, looking mostly at M+ and tier 19 set bonuses...

Scaling wise, is it still Sub > Assa > Outlaw?

How strong is Rogue going to be compared to Warrior? I understand as it is now, Arms is pretty incredible, with Assassination right behind it, and for Mythic+ Outlaw and Fury are both pretty even. I've seen the Sub T19 set bonuses are going to be a huge boost for it, is this going to push Sub into being the #1 spec for Rogues? and if so, how will this spec perform In M+ and to an extent, general world content?

- - - Updated - - -

I find that chart a little flawed also, I was always told that Sub and Arms scaled tremendously, but here it is getting outplayed by Frost DK and Shadow Priest... also see Ret and a ton of others beating it too.
    The better question is what will your alt do for you that your main won't? As Havoc DH, you're already tearing through packs of mobs and doing pretty well cutting up a bunch of enemies. Warriors will do roughly the same thing. Rogues will provide you with a ton more fun in both world content and general. As for which one will come out on top, read this article.

http://roguedpsguide.com/best-rogue-...1-5-nighthold/

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    The better question is what will your alt do for you that your main won't? As Havoc DH, you're already tearing through packs of mobs and doing pretty well cutting up a bunch of enemies. Warriors will do roughly the same thing. Rogues will provide you with a ton more fun in both world content and general. As for which one will come out on top, read this article.

http://roguedpsguide.com/best-rogue-...1-5-nighthold/
    nice one thanks for that well I have nothing to do on my DH really and it's getting a little boring, I need an alt to keep the game fun :P

the only answer is assassination

Former hardcore raider of SlashCry - Kazzak EU
    Notable achievements:
    World #20 Madness of Death Wing Heroic
    World #21 Spine of Death Wing Heroic
    World #20 Ragnaros Heroic
    World #29 Al'akir Heroic/Nefarian Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    the only answer is assassination
    Very nice insight mate.
    Would you mind share the precious information you're holding please ?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll start with Assassination as my ST Spec and Outlaw for AoE.

I'm going to stick with sub.
    It was my consolation spec for Outlaw being annoyingly unpredictable but I got the boots and the rotation's been fun. It also seems like in the long run it gets the greatest raw benefit from the tier bonuses, at least as they stand today. If I need stronger sustained AOE my outlaw spec is still fully leveled and I've got the gloves so I can always give that a spin.

The bottom line is right now they all look relatively competitive. I'll put some extra energy into sim results when the patch changes are completely finalized to make sure there are no drastic shifts to my weights other than what's already expected but it would be a major shock if there were.
    Last edited by Alfador; 2017-01-05 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Very nice insight mate.
    Would you mind share the precious information you're holding please ?
    sure, assassination will do more damage

I am running both Outlaw & Assassination. I will change depending on the fight, possibly switch to subtlety later on. Currently I can't get along with subs rotation (Maybe gear will change that). I have never seen all three specs so close together on all fights, It's down to personal preference and playstyle.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to play assassination on rogue alt because I've got bracers.
    Also, it's most simple, clean and reliable spec in the game atm. I cannot fathom RL that doesn't want good ass rogue in roster.

I wish I've tried sub with boots, heard it's quite enjoyable, but whatever.
    Last edited by Crimewave; 2017-01-06 at 02:04 PM.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Why not poll?
    Assa.

Deleted
    Can assa hold up without the cloak for all the heavy add/AoE fights?

Im not sure but after geting duskwalker boots and zoldyck bracer in thinking about to switch my loot spec to outlaw.
    Or maybe being lucky to loot the cloak, but when 7.1.5 hits live there are 2 more legs so the chance to get the cloak is pretty small.

Sin is sadly the only conpetition spec now less they introduce further sub changes nerf ingredients he tier 4 set for sub makes it pretty garbage now

Considering I got the Sin Boots/Bracers, I'm sticking Sin.

Sticking to Assassin since there's no clear choice, and I strongly prefer Assa for progress over the other two. Got no spec-specific leggos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurix View Post
    Considering I got the Sin Boots/Bracers, I'm sticking Sin.
    Got them too, but the cloak is worth alot for NH, especially for the first boss.
    I think there will be alot of outlaws after 1-2 weeks.

got boots cloak and insignia...will stick with sin

Deleted
    I'm going with what I've been doing from the start... Assa / OL