10+ Year Old Account

What's a good starting ilvl for the Nighthold N/HC?

Just curious what ilvl would you expect from people if you don't aim for 1st night clear of normal/heroic, but are more on the easy going side for alt/reroll runs and taking possible new people along?

By looking at the loot dropping from normal I would say anything above 865 for starters, moving on to 870 to 875 for later bosses and well +10ish or so ilvl added for HC difficulty.

One other thing - how does Krosus feel for melee/tank, can you see his hands when standing close with default camera settings or are the hand going up tough to notice?

You could probably do Normal on 850+ and HC on 870+ if your group are good, but we have to see what tuning is like. EN was undertuned/trivialised by M+ gear, and I don't know if we can say the same for NH.

Deleted
    850 for NM and anywhere from 865-875 for HC. Anybody else asking for higher on HC most likely isn't very good at the game.

Deleted
    brain equiped should be sufficient :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking cause of ToV mainly, as it needed numbers on top of brain as well

Cause right now I do my runs with 850ish for EN normal and 860ish for EN HC/ToV NM as set requirements.

But I do agree on the point that the tuning will be seen once the raid has gone live by "various" topics

Yes, it does seem like most of the bosses are about fancy footwork and paying attention in the Nighthold. Though some if not all seem to have soft enraged as well, which does require numbers as well (... Helya adds dieing speed on HC is a good example of DPS :P)

In my main run taking along someone or few with 850 is not really an issue. However as I do have other run(s), of which I go with all sorts of people, then 850 seems bit too little for Nighthold normal, even when it will be undertuned, given that there are not that many people who can do decent numbers when undergeared.

In general is what I would expect from people ilvl wise at least reasonable I hope?

The first bosses on normal drop 870. So if ToV is anything to go by, expect around 865-870 for normal and 880-885 for Heroic. Yes I am serious.

Well I know we are going in with 890, 54 traits mains and about 880-885, 35 trait alts for our split runs and expect very little resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Well I know we are going in with 890, 54 traits mains and about 880-885, 35 trait alts for our split runs and expect very little resistance.
    I think in the case of a second raid tier (discounting TOV) - Blizzard are also aware of the average item level and therefore attempts to scale it toward that, but also the lower level.

Of course normal and heroic will be easy - it always is. Normal is the old LFR, and Heroic is the old Normal.

Well, I;ve been out of raiding since start of Dec, and I won't be back in until February. I'm sitting on 866, I SHOULD be the worst geared player on the team, as we haven't had any new people and they've been raiding each week.

So I'd say we're going into normal with 870+

860-870 is likely the target. So that means LFG will be looking for 900+ the first week.

heroic testing was scaled to 879 iirc. Some encounters felt incredibly easy while some felt actually decently challenging so overall I'd guess 875 should be quite fine to start progressing for a group of let's say pretty average players.

Deleted
    Well.. I would say with avarage skilled players 865 would be good.. But the LFG will probably ask for old achivments and 890 ilvl.
    So for people outside of guild raiding I would recommend to start their owns groups and be reasonable - don't try to get into other peoples groups unless they got a crazy ilvl.
    I don't see why people asks for those ridiculous ilvls, but that is just how it is.

865 to start normal 875 heroics. Plus or minus 5 depending on the overall skill level of your group. Add 10-15 ilvl and AoTC week 2 if you plan on going in solo style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Just curious what ilvl would you expect from people if you don't aim for 1st night clear of normal/heroic, but are more on the easy going side for alt/reroll runs and taking possible new people along?

By looking at the loot dropping from normal I would say anything above 865 for starters, moving on to 870 to 875 for later bosses and well +10ish or so ilvl added for HC difficulty.

One other thing - how does Krosus feel for melee/tank, can you see his hands when standing close with default camera settings or are the hand going up tough to notice?
    anyone who played casualy should be around 862-865 just from doin wq only at this point with 2 legendaries and few decent procs so i would guess something around this line - but knowing wow community it will be 890 + AoTC after first raid night for pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac
    ... but knowing wow community it will be 890 + AoTC after first raid night for pugs.
    That's true sadly.

Though as I mainly lead my own groups, be it my main nights or alt/newbie night, just good to get a general point. Specially for main group so that I would have an idea at what level a person should be capable enough to do DPS on level that is need.

Speaking of DPS numbers I would assume that (leaving ilvl aside) that lower end of people should be doing at least 300k or very close it, while upper end - who knows...