sephuz ring or uvanimor?

I ve got both and i was wondering which one is the best after 7.1.5

Someone says that the sephuz effect could proc even with death grip...maybe paired with the.normal interrupt and perhaps strangulate it can be applied on most bosses?

What do you think?

All of those abilities only work if the boss is affected by them. So if you can move the boss, DG works. If the boss casts a spell and you interrupt it, that works (but most bosses don't cast spells, and aren't interrupable). No bosses are stunnable so strangulate doesn't work anywhere.

It's unclear if DG works for blood, because blood's version also taunts and taunt works on bosses. I don't think anyone tested it yet. It definitely doesn't work on bosses for unholy and frost.

The unholy ghoul stun does proc Sephuz on bosses as it also deals damage.

Uvanimor should be much better in 7.1.5 than now, because Unholy will resource-cap less often.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-01-07 at 03:58 PM.

I heard/read that Uvanimor is bugged.
    Only works with pet special attacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    All of those abilities only work if the boss is affected by them. So if you can move the boss, DG works. If the boss casts a spell and you interrupt it, that works (but most bosses don't cast spells, and aren't interrupable). No bosses are stunnable so strangulate doesn't work anywhere.

It's unclear if DG works for blood, because blood's version also taunts and taunt works on bosses. I don't think anyone tested it yet. It definitely doesn't work on bosses for unholy and frost.

The unholy ghoul stun does proc Sephuz on bosses as it also deals damage.

Uvanimor should be much better in 7.1.5 than now, because Unholy will resource-cap less often.
    That's not true. It's using the ability (interrupt, stun, or slow ability) that triggers the ring. The boss or mob can be immune to its effect, but the ring still procs.

Also the ring is getting buff from 15% haste to 25% haste.

So you're saying any melee class can proc the ability on cooldown with their interrupt? I would be downright astonished if that was true. Have you actually tested it?

As for slows and stuns, plenty have tested it and confirmed that Sephuz does not proc on immune bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    So you're saying any melee class can proc the ability on cooldown with their interrupt? I would be downright astonished if that was true. Have you actually tested it?

As for slows and stuns, plenty have tested it and confirmed that Sephuz does not proc on immune bosses.

I think when they mean interrupts it means successful interrupts.

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    I heard/read that Uvanimor is bugged.
    Only works with pet special attacks...
    It only PROCS on special attacks. However, the proc rate takes all ghoul attacks into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I think when they mean interrupts it means successful interrupts.
    That's not what Hobb said. That's how everybody else says it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    That's not true. It's using the ability (interrupt, stun, or slow ability) that triggers the ring. The boss or mob can be immune to its effect, but the ring still procs.

Also the ring is getting buff from 15% haste to 25% haste.
    Just tried it. The cc must be successful. If the target is immune to the effect sephuz will not proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKingAlexxx View Post
    Just tried it. The cc must be successful. If the target is immune to the effect sephuz will not proc.
    Have you tried with a raid boss? People reported both on PTR and yesterday that DG was procing it even if the boss didn't move at all (since it's immune)

Warlock's Mortal Coil was also bugged and proced the ring on bosses, this was fixed some hours ago even tough it's not on the hotfix list.

DG works as DPS or tank? My theory is that blood DG works because it has a taunt component that does affect the boss.

Deleted
    gnaw procs it on bosses

Yes, gnaw works because it also does a little bit of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zevah View Post
    Have you tried with a raid boss? People reported both on PTR and yesterday that DG was procing it even if the boss didn't move at all (since it's immune)

Warlock's Mortal Coil was also bugged and proced the ring on bosses, this was fixed some hours ago even tough it's not on the hotfix list.
    Just tested it as blood. If I DG the dungon dummy (non-boss) which is immune to grip it proccs. when i use DG on the boss-dummy it does NOT procc. (yes i waited 30 secs)

- - - Updated - - -

Trash before Nythendra does not procc it.

As blood, using it on that trash doesn't proc sephuz? Does DG move them?

Guess my theory about blood DG proccing sephuz on targets that can't be moved is shot. Even though it has a taunt component, that doesn't make it work.

Deleted
    Yes, you can proc mindcontrolled ppl on Nythendra for e.g. the boss itself does not allow to proc it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was having difficulties getting it to proc much in boss fights. Not sure how it will look in new raid but although there are opportunities, i found myself competing with other people that were as unlucky as i was to get Sephuz. AS frost i was able to get during RW + freeze talent but some adds die too quick on certain bosses to get proc off that reliably, and make it not worth except that i can run to next add quicker in those couple of seconds of the proc. It is easy to proc in trash packs so for mythic + i would imagine it being pretty okay. However im still not convinced, even with buffs, that it is really all that worth using as a Frost DK in a raid if given the option.

It definitely isn't very strong as frost in raids. It's fine for DPS in mythic+, and downright amazing for Blood in mythic+.