Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    And you just removed keystones depleting from the game, congratulations
    Not really...

You would get loot for keystone only once anyways and it would save your time if you were pushing higher level if you fail

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    it would save your time if you were pushing higher level if you fail
    Which is kinda the point of keystones depleting.

Deleted
    Not really...

You would get loot for keystone only once anyways and it would save your time if you were pushing higher level if you fail
    it would lead to "we made a minor mistake, reset" crap though.

i'd prefer some "keystone insurance" system, where you can pay something, say a bonus roll token, to not deplete your next failed run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really...

Well, for high-end, organized play it won't matter if it's depleted or not anyway, they'll either go as far as they can or just stop at 15.
    But for the vast majority, the people who'd benefit from it, they'd just never let it deplete

I just want to blacklist a dungeon so I stop getting HOV keys...

Oh look another one of these threads

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Pretty much every game has punishments for being some time wasting scum.
    If their intend is to keep this content as it is read being just some pug grind I am all for bringing in some of the useful community control tools from other match making games.
    Right Im wasting time, I think most people if not all that aren't just here to troll, will say. They'll leave someones key on a few conditions, including myself.

Group aren't as advertised, if it's a 3 chesting Nelt 3, and the tank is pulling like it's his first time, Im out. Waste of my time.

If the group dies 3 times before the first boss without saying its a chill run just aiming to complete. Im out waste of my time.

If the Leader is a douche, well K thx bye RIP your key for being a cunt.

Also can't take that people leave? Or wont run the risk, dont pug your keys, get friends/guildies, or get a boost. Any dungeon that isn't HoV/BRH you'll be able to get a boost for.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Deleted
    Just add some statistics to the group finder.

"X/Y Mythic+ instances finished last week (Z %)"
    "A/B Mythic+ instances finished last month (C %)"

That way people who repeatedly abandon runs will quickly get bad percentages and group leader will be able to avoid them, while failing a stone or the occasinal RL incident wouldn't matter much.

It could be account-wide so that you can't make an alt just to troll.

One month on the other hand is nough so that if you had some bad days/a bad week its gone from our record fast enough, but not that fast that its not an inconvenience.

If you find yourself often in the situation that you feel compelled to leave a group you have to think twice about it, since you have a "reputation" to maintain, and you should reconsider which groups you join. I don't start a +9 keystone for 2/3 chests if I see only people with 860 gear. I know beforehand it won't work and go before the key is started.

Group leader could get the ability to disband a group without the instance counting in te statistic. Shit happens, and if its mutually agreed to end the run, then just end it without punishment.
    Last edited by mmoc66fd52c90f; 2017-01-08 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    I honestly think this is a better idea than anything. I have 0 reasons to run a depleted key, even for friends and such, much easier to find a non depleted one. Atleast with this I'll run it, since I myself don't care about loot. The chance of getting an upgrade is the same chance as getting a legendary = 0
    Yea the only time I've run a depleted key was when I would try and find any 12 just for the chest. Now I run at least 10 of those a week so why bother with depleted.

We've had a few threads on this and it all ends the same way: You cannot, in any way, guarantee you only hit people doing this maliciously. And until you can 100% guarantee that, it will not be implemented.
    You can make the same argument for the deserter debuff and / or being votekicked as it is now. Bottom line is that if someone leaves or disconnects during a mythic +, unless it's their key, they're screwing over 4 other people. That's really all there is to it.

Leave during a key run, you forfeit your own next weeks key and chest.

Deleted
    A Key should simply not deplete before you get the chest. It's as simple as that, isn't it?

So what when people reset and try it over and over again. Doesn't really matter in the long run.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-01-08 at 07:52 PM.

Perfect solution would be "reset" button...

You could reset m+ dungeon without depleting your key BUT it would be only available before you finished the run (so you can't run same dungeon over and over again)
    The only way I see this working is if you don't get loot from a depleted key. If someone wants to blow time/consumables/repair bills pounding at the same +X dungeon to progress their key, I don't really have a problem with that. It isn't much different from attempting a boss over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    If depleted keys still gave AP, people would run them and try and undeplete. "oh you're key got busted by a fucktard? NP, me and my boys want AP so we'll help you out."
    I'm all for this. Instead of punishing people for leaving M+ runs, make it less onerous to fix depleted keys.

Maybe even something simple like:

1 chest = no loot, upgrade/undeplete key.
    2-3 chest = AP, but no loot, upgrade/undeplete key.

Gives groups a reason to run, since AP is still in consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Just add some statistics to the group finder.

"X/Y Mythic+ instances finished last week (Z %)"
    "A/B Mythic+ instances finished last month (C %)"

That way people who repeatedly abandon runs will quickly get bad percentages and group leader will be able to avoid them, while failing a stone or the occasinal RL incident wouldn't matter much.

It could be account-wide so that you can't make an alt just to troll.

One month on the other hand is nough so that if you had some bad days/a bad week its gone from our record fast enough, but not that fast that its not an inconvenience.

If you find yourself often in the situation that you feel compelled to leave a group you have to think twice about it, since you have a "reputation" to maintain, and you should reconsider which groups you join. I don't start a +9 keystone for 2/3 chests if I see only people with 860 gear. I know beforehand it won't work and go before the key is started.

Group leader could get the ability to disband a group without the instance counting in te statistic. Shit happens, and if its mutually agreed to end the run, then just end it without punishment.
    Would it display HOW MANY m+ dungeons had I done in previous week/month? If so, this is terrible idea, because like it or not it'd favor people who play a lot. And Blizzard wants to avoid it. It would put even more pressure on people to run m+. If I was leader, I would invite the guy who had done 200 m+ last week rather than the other one who did only 5 dungeons. Even though both are same ilvl, logs, etc.

And last part of your post: this is terrible idea that leader can disband the group without consequences. Why? Imagine this: 1 random + 1 leader + 3 friends of the leader doing dungeon. All out of sudden leader's friend has to go because of whatever. Leader and friends accept and understand it, but the random guy is clearly outraged. Leader decides to disband the group without any consequences, while random guy is very, very sad for the Friend getting away from the consequences, wasting his time meanwhile.

Or something?

@Zendhal At first I smiled, at first...
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2017-01-10 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousDot View Post
    So I was just doing a +12 Black Rook Hold key, and not even half way through it someone just ups and leaves, even when it was going smoothly..

I believe that there should be some punishment towards people who just leave and waste another persons key.

And thats when I thought of the idea of a "Mythic+ Blacklist". Making it actually punishing towards players who chose to leave ruining the chances of completion of a key. I thought that having said person who is placed onto the "Blacklist" then becomes unable to participate in any keys for the following week, or if thats too harsh, maybe just remove their chances for the weekly Mythic Chest thats in your class hall.

This does have some issues thought.. But thats why I thought that I'd post it here and get others inputs/ ideas on the matter.
    How would a person become "Blacklisted" ? Just through leaving? Being kicked? A vote? There can be problems with abuse from carry groups to do someones key then making someone "Blacklisted".

This is just my thought on the matter, and would love to hear what anyone has to say, good or bad input on this matter.

Thanks for reading.
    Mythic+ isn't a queued content.
    In LFD or LFR there is possibly a place for a similar mechanic.

In a content that's only available to manually created groups, it is pointless. If you have someone in your group who you don't want to play with for whatever reason, just don't put the keystone in.

Any punishment system will either allow abuse or cause problem for legitimate players:

a) if the punishment is decided by the leader of the group or by voting, you get punished for not passing an item to the leader or a member of the group of 4 friends you decided to party with

b) if the punishment is automatic, it will harm groups that want to leave
    - we did +12 on alts for the weekly chest the other day, but we underestimated the +12 tyrannical and being a full group of undergeared alts, we couldn't kill the last boss, what now?
    - we went for the +15 achievement with some friends this week since there were easy affixes on EU servers, but had to reset the +14 and +15 a few times to get it right; it would be extremely annoying to be forced to finish the instance every time (doubly so when you need to wait for heroism debuff every pull to kill a tyrannical Melandrus in CoS 15)

These problems come around more often than situations when someone leaves without a reason in my experience. I remember only once when a healer left an instance in progress and depleted a key.
    If other players are regularly leaving your group, there is a chance you are doing something terribly wrong.

Find a way to only ever hit people being malicious and Blizzard MIGHT implement it
    You and 2 other players of the party report him to blizz (ofc blizz invetigates to ensure what happened), player gets a warning, after some1 gets reported three times he gets banned from premade finder for a month
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-01-10 at 04:21 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Would it display HOW MANY m+ dungeons had I done in previous week/month?
    If you read it carefully, you see that I have included absolute figures as well as a percentage. buts thats a detail that can be fleshed out by Blizzard, I'm not strongly in favor of either option.

If so, this is terrible idea, because like it or not it'd favor people who play a lot. And Blizzard wants to avoid it. It would put even more pressure on people to run m+. If I was leader, I would invite the guy who had done 200 m+ last week rather than the other one who did only 5 dungeons. Even though both are same ilvl, logs, etc.
    I don#t see why this would be bad? its your group, you can decide with whom you want to play and with whom you don't want to play. The current issue is that you don#t have the information to know wether or not a player is a "leaver" or not. with this information you can make a better decision.

And last part of your post: this is terrible idea that leader can disband the group without consequences. Why? Imagine this: 1 random + 1 leader + 3 friends of the leader doing dungeon. All out of sudden leader's friend has to go because of whatever. Leader and friends accept and understand it, but the random guy is clearly outraged. Leader decides to disband the group without any consequences, while random guy is very, very sad for the Friend getting away from the consequences, wasting his time meanwhile.
    And that would be bad because?

There is no harm done in this situation. The stone is depleted.

Currently, if one person leaves the run is over, and the random has wasted his time. Same as what you described above. So in that particular situation, not much has changed. But to be honest this is exactly how the system *should* work. It can be that one player must leave. If the others agree to disband the group after that, they should be able to do so without punishment. Sure, in this situation its possible for the first player to avoid the penalty because his friends are in the group. Thats fine, no system can get all corner cases, and as long as the system doesn't penalize anyone unduly, its fine.

It captures the great majority of cases where a single player ruins the runs of others. If one person doesn't want to continue the run he can leave, take the penalty, and the other can consentfully disband the group afterwards without eating the penalty themselves.

Wether or not majority vote or full consent must be there for a group to be disbanded can be open for discussion. But if you require everyones consent then one spiteful person can AFK and deny his consent to disband, making others eat the penalty. Thats not cool. So having a majority for for disbanding is better. It allows groups to disband, it still allows individuals to leave and it makes sure nobody eats a penalty without own guilt. Sure, you can game the system to avoid a penalty if you runw ith enough friends all the time, but since it also doesn't count positively for your score I don#t see the big issue. it would be as if you have never seet foot in that instance, but the key is depleted.

Its reasonably robust and does not have negative impacts, at least none that the current system doesn't have, while giving group leaders a better way to from groups.

And you just removed keystones depleting from the game, congratulations
    Having them deplete in the first place is moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Having them deplete in the first place is moronic.
    Yeah let's sell countless +12-15 maw runs to hundreds of noobs/lowbies for 250k gold each so they can get 885 loot from weekly chest...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Yeah let's sell countless +12-15 maw runs to hundreds of noobs/lowbies for 250k gold each so they can get 885 loot from weekly chest...
    ?

a) What the fuck does that have to do with depleting keys? Just don't have them reward loot if you don't beat it in time. Not deplete and then have to run it twice to get anything.
    b) You act like selling those runs doesnt already happen