Deleted

Mastery stays way way worst stat for frost:(

Tried 7.1.5 simcraft, says mastery gets like 0.61 weight, crit, vers, haste like 0.80.
    Was really hoping mastery will go up, got loads of high ilvl gear with mastery in bags, 2 absorb legends...sigh ...will never break 400k dps...
    And farming m+ gives mastery gear, WQs give mastery gear, mastery everywhere...not to mention tf..only mastery pieces titanforge, rare crit/haste gear never titanforges
    Wasnt mastery meant to be easy balancing stat...why dont they just buff mastery to come more in line with other stats??

My fresh 110 assa rogue has mostly WQ gear is swimming in mastery and blows my mage dps wise, not fair really...

The glacial spike build seems to love mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Possimpible View Post
    The glacial spike build seems to love mastery.
    I've heard it is dead with the recent nerfs to Frostbolt. Can someone clarify?

10+ Year Old Account
    IT is not dead. The frostbolt nerfs are simple a revert of the 7.1 buffs. It does affect icicles, and thus GS.. but GS spellpower bonus was buffed from 750% to 1000%.

Glacial Spike: Conjures a massive spike of ice, and merges your current Icicles into it. It impales your target, dealing 1000% of Spell power ( was 750%) damage plus the damage stored in your Icicles, and freezes the target in place for 4 sec. Damage may interrupt the freeze effect.
    Requires 5 Icicles to cast.
    Passive:
    Ice Lance no longer launches Icicles.
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2017-01-09 at 01:55 AM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So is it still viable in a raid enviorment? I heard the Icelance built is ahead

The TV/BC build has always been ahead of the GS build on ST. I don't know how they compare on cleave or aoe, but I'm pretty sure the only reason most people who play GS chose the spec is because they had tons of mastery gear already or they wanted to experience the easiest rotation a mage has ever had since Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    having splitting ice talent makes GS good for cleave situations... even on fights like nythendra... though, you have to be careful, I accidentally one shot one of our healers who was MC'd.

And yes, part of the reason I go specced GS/LW is because I was fire and have boat loads of mastery. All I have to do really is swap some of my crit/mast for haste or versa / mast and I will be dandy. Sitting on 38% crit, 22% and 56% mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    having splitting ice talent makes GS good for cleave situations... even on fights like nythendra... though, you have to be careful, I accidentally one shot one of our healers who was MC'd.
    200+ k ignite isn't that good for mc'ed too
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    200+ k ignite isn't that good for mc'ed too
    When I talk about one-shot... I am talking about that I was targeting the boss.. and the Glacial Spike one-shot him via cleave damage. haha my cleave was 3.2mil haha

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post

And yes, part of the reason I go specced GS/LW is because I was fire and have boat loads of mastery. All I have to do really is swap some of my crit/mast for haste or versa / mast and I will be dandy. Sitting on 38% crit, 22% and 56% mastery.
    LMFAO. I would have loved to see the healers face and hear the voice chat.