Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, if THAT is the case... i'll likely not use a token after this current one. That is a dumb as hell "fix" for a meh issue. At least 500 per would make it something you'd have to work towards. 1K for all makes it essentially free. That's really dumb.
    I disagree, I think this is a great way to fix the issue. A new player can buy up to 15, an alt can be boosted to 20, and original mains are all 25. It's pretty much the perfect balance.

The last couple of weeks have been a bit lame because I've been holding off on AP grinding until the patch hits (and buying research that I'm going to overwrite) but I'll save so many order hall resources and time by doing this that I feel it's made up for.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yeah this is how the shitty feeders think and why they got world of garrisoncraft that they "hated"
    I of all people should NOT have over 250K gold over my account, let along on 4 different toons for barely doing anything.

I mean, It's great that this AK thing will help a lot of people but... damn, it feels like they are just giving it away, when they'd said it would be an expansion long grind.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    But that's not how it works... The BOA catch up for alts is one fixed cost for levels 1-20, no matter which of those you use. It's the same cost from AK 11 to AK 20 as it is from AK 1 to AK 20. Last price I saw was 1k for 1-20.

The catch up for new players (who don't have a main with high AK) is the same cost per AK level, up to 15.

There are two different paths, and you seem to be confusing them.
    They were quoting in a discord that it was 1k per 5 levels so to get to 20 on an alt (assuming you're 25) it's going to be 4k. I'm not on the PTR though to confirm.

Actually it's right here in the survival guide video just released by Blizzard for 7.1.5. https://youtu.be/f-i-kXT_q_8?t=151 (It will be 1k per 5 levels.)
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-01-06 at 04:47 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

I mean, It's great that this AK thing will help a lot of people but... damn, it feels like they are just giving it away, when they'd said it would be an expansion long grind.
    AK25 is not the end. There will be 15 new artifact trait levels in 7.2 and likely new Artifact knowledge to go along with it, Also dual trait relics and such.

All I wonder about is how will they differentiate between the 20 "bonus" trait (35-54) and the 7.2 traits, as the cost exponentially increases, it already goes from about 1-34 for about 5 million, the other 20 cost 60 million total.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They were quoting in a discord that it was 1k per 5 levels so to get to 20 on an alt (assuming you're 25) it's going to be 4k. I'm not on the PTR though to confirm.

Actually it's right here in the survival guide video just released by Blizzard for 7.1.5. https://youtu.be/f-i-kXT_q_8?t=151 (It will be 1k per 5 levels.)
    That's not what the video shows, the video shows ak20 for a fixed 1k OH Resources.

The ak boost items is 5 AK levels. And there's 4 compendiums.
    Level I compendium bosts to AK5
    Level I-II compendium bosts to AK10
    Level I-III compendium bosts to AK15
    Level 1-4IV compendium bosts to AK20, purchasable for 1k

TL : DR a lvl 25AK Main, can buy a 20AK item for alts for 1000 OH Resources. This will boost an alts AK level up to 20, regardless of wether they were on AK 1, 5, or 19 prior.

Edit: Not gold duh, OH Resources.
    Last edited by neiljwd; 2017-01-06 at 07:09 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post

TLR a lvl 25AK Main, can buy a 20AK item for alts for 1000 gold. This will boost an alts AK level up to 20, regardless of wether they were on AK 1, 5, or 19 prior.
    Gold? It's order resources, so even cheaper.

So, for obvious reasons you can't save up Artifact Research Notes. If you had that, you could buy an AK20 on your main, send it to an alt who has saved up 5 notes, and bam, instant AK25 on your alt.

According to the item, using the Artifact Research Compendium therefore uses up all the notes that character has in his inventory. I'd like to know what the best course of action is then to catch up to 25 as quickly as possible. Are the Artifact Research Notes in the pile from the archivist in the order hall used up as well? If no, you could just not loot them. If yes, would it make sens to delay Artifact Research in your order hall, so that the research finishes AFTER the patch hit, thus not creating any stacks in the order hall?

Let me make an example to explain more clearly: Let's say, the patch his at 2pm. Would it make sense to have my Artifact Research finish at 3pm then? I could buy the compendium on my main, send it to the alt, use it between 2pm and 3pm (no notes to use up, since there aren't any to use up to begin with), then come pack at 3:01pm, loot the new note and ding AK21?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neiljwd View Post
    That's not what the video shows, the video shows ak20 for a fixed 1k gold.

The ak boost items is 5 AK levels. And there's 4 compendiums.
    Level I compendium bosts to AK5
    Level I-II compendium bosts to AK10
    Level I-III compendium bosts to AK15
    Level 1-4IV compendium bosts to AK20, purchasable for 1k

TLR a lvl 25AK Main, can buy a 20AK item for alts for 1000 gold. This will boost an alts AK level up to 20, regardless of wether they were on AK 1, 5, or 19 prior.
    It's clearly resources in the video. I was also incorrect. It's 1000 for 20 levels if you're 25.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if THAT is the case... i'll likely not use a token after this current one. That is a dumb as hell "fix" for a meh issue. At least 500 per would make it something you'd have to work towards. 1K for all makes it essentially free. That's really dumb.
    No it's not dumb it's free right now too.
    It's merely WAITING you do. Nothing more. Hardly any gameplay involved at all.

Should be AK 25 for alts or account wide if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Totally, but hey, we have to keep it a headache for this fake sense of hardcore wannabe shitlord mentality that some of midcore WoW players on forums and youtube ("Yo dawg, vanilla was hard compared to today!" LOL) seem to have. Shit, you think AK not being account wide is fucking hardcore? LOL I've done some shit grinds in other MMOs that would probably make you drop the genre forever. GTFO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I'm casual and play maybe twice a week so this is amazing for me. My DH just hit AK20 but will be 22 by patch releasez soon as he's 25 I'm for sure getting my alts to AK20, this is saving me so much time and resources, so awesome!

Clarification: the 1-20 is only if you have a character that has 25 AK. There's a 1-5, 1-10, 1-15, and 1-20 based on if you're on a character that has AK level 10, 15, 20, or 25. Each tome costs 1k resources but you only need one tome so the 1-20 tome gets you 20 AK for 1k resources.

Now, for somebody who is new to being 110 they can purchase up to AK 15 without a main BUT it will cost them 500 per just like anybody else would have done it minus the time investment.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    People have just gotten AK25 with their mains. On Tuesday/Wednesday (depending on region) your 110 alts will reach AK20 in seconds. Even if you change mains for 7.1.5 and raiding hardcore mythic with the new toon, you will be able to max your weapon (bar the last 20 traits) in a week. If you're doing anything less than that, you will still max your weapon super fast. Stop the crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Crazy talk. I think I'm going to call in the rest of my work week, and I better have 10x my pay without any guff from my bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    LOL I've done some shit grinds in other MMOs that would probably make you drop the genre forever. GTFO.
    *chuckles* Me too.

Deleted
    Um, do we know how much these AK20 items will cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Um, do we know how much these AK20 items will cost?
    It's been said around 4 times in this thread alone, the most recent 3 posts above yours. Do people not read the thread before posting anymore?

It's 1k resources for any of the alt catch ups. How far they catch you up depends on the AK level of the character you buy it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    According to the item, using the Artifact Research Compendium therefore uses up all the notes that character has in his inventory. I'd like to know what the best course of action is then to catch up to 25 as quickly as possible. Are the Artifact Research Notes in the pile from the archivist in the order hall used up as well? If no, you could just not loot them.
    This right here is the only unanswered question in the thread.

Personally, I made sure all my alts had an uncollected research item sitting in the order hall ready to be picked up, in the hopes that I can take them to AK21 tomorrow.

My guess is that will work, because it's an edge case that only makes a difference for literally one day; tomorrow. And it's only 1 additional level. So it seems unlikely the devs would bother to block it.

Deleted
    Not sure if it has been answered before:

1) I'm pushing my old main to work on his AK. He's 19 now, will be 20 before patch day. By that logic I can use the Order Resources on him to get to AK15 for my alt.
    2) If I save the 2 scrolls that I will get on my alt, can I get to 17 on day 1?

Deleted
    1: Yes
    2: Saved tombs are wasted