Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're saying a bunch of nonsense and no real arguments. It's not a personal attack. It's an attack on the words you're writing.
    What ever makes you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I went in wanting to see the award show. Not Streep political views. She can buy her own "F"ing TV time if she wants to do that. As I said, few if any watched it to hear her side of things. She can stick to entertainment.
    So using your First Amendment right is entitled now?

You are not entitled to the show and how it runs. Don't like what is on it then watch something else or hit mute.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You seem to be. I said Clinton and you flinched and lashed out.
    Nah, more pointing out how funny it is that your ilk's knee-jerk response to anything negative about the Glorious Leader is to invoke the Clintons, who are completely irrelevant to both the topic and the conversation you were responding too.

But, yes, I know, I know, you dislike them both equally. Must be why you're constantly droning on defending him and espousing the same rhetoric as him and the GOP.

I went in wanting to see the award show. Not Streep political views. She can buy her own "F"ing TV time if she wants to do that. As I said, few if any watched it to hear her side of things. She can stick to entertainment.
    Then you're completely ignorant of how awards shows work, especially lifetime achievement awards. Sorry that your cherry was popped with this completely non-confrontational call about not being a piece of shit to each other. Dang what an ideologue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Didn't watch the speech but here is a simple message for anyone on any side.

If you say she (or anyone) shouldn't voice there opinion about Trump (or Hillary) I got one simple thing to say to you....

First Amendment.

To the Trump supporters, You voted in a actor as president accept what happen's next and deal with it.
    I think that it is paraphrased they shouldn't voice their opinion, but not in a literal sense. Of course they have the right to.

You really think their upbringing was even fucking close to the same level of privilege?
    She's not priveleged now? Thinking she deserved to be president because her husband was and being secretary?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    What are your views on celebrities using their celeb status as a platform?
    When you have a total disgrace of a human being using his celebrity status to elbow his way to the Presidency of the United States that makes such a question beyond ridiculous. What his disgraceful is how the supposed President-elect cannot help himself to jab back at anyone and everyone who criticizes him. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I think that it is paraphrased they shouldn't voice their opinion, but not in a literal sense. Of course they have the right to.
    And lots in this thread alone would disagree and mean the literal sense....

When there is something on TV I don't like I change the station. Simple fix to a stupid problem.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

So using your First Amendment right is entitled now?
    It has nothing to do with entitlement. It' has to do with why you are there. Why are people watching?

I sure as hell don't go to a ballgame and expect the announcers to tell me their political view just because of the first amendment.

You are not entitled to the show and how it runs. Don't like what is on it then watch something else or hit mute.
    I did. The min. it sent away from entertainment and why I was watching it. I watched something else.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    Ahh, I see the highly educated debate has arrived.

Pragmatic meaning. Look it up. It's a thing, and doesn't require assumptions.

If I am sitting on your couch and it's 69 degrees and I'm shivering and I look at the thermostat and say, "Jesus it's cold as fuck", you know (i.e.: pragmatic meaning) that I'm actually saying "Turn the fucking A/C off."

It's a thing. It is how we communicate via context. Because if you got up to turn it off and I said "What are you doing? I didn't say turn the A/C off!" you would be thoroughly confused.

You were attacking him. Own your shit.
    The assumption is the pragmatic meaning. Not that pragmatic meaning exists or not. Reiterating "own your shit" at the end of every response doesn't mean you have come gotcha moment that you seem to do oh so much. You are literally trying to tell other people what is going on in THEIR head. Are you some sort of doctor?

- - - Updated - - -

And lots in this thread alone would disagree and mean the literal sense....

When there is something on TV I don't like I change the station. Simple fix to a stupid problem.
    You are right. I shouldn't speak on behalf of everyone. Should of stated when I say it.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Nah, more pointing out how funny it is that your ilk's knee-jerk response to anything negative about the Glorious Leader is to invoke the Clintons, who are completely irrelevant to both the topic and the conversation you were responding too.

But, yes, I know, I know, you dislike them both equally. Must be why you're constantly droning on defending him and espousing the same rhetoric as him and the GOP.

Then you're completely ignorant of how awards shows work, especially lifetime achievement awards. Sorry that your cherry was popped with this completely non-confrontational call about not being a piece of shit to each other. Dang what an ideologue.
    Yep. I'm looking at a full on mirror of a Republican/pol/ poster. Replace ilk with cucks and you are the exact same kind of poster.

Too bad you turned into Skroe and drank too much anti-Trump kool aid.

It's not like modern actors are these philosopher kings people make them out to be.
    Ok, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It has nothing to do with entitlement. It' has to do with why you are there. Why are people watching?.
    They are there to accept a award, Give a award and to give a speech. Looks like she grave a speech and did what she she was allowed to do.

Now if she just went on stage sat down and eat some cake you mite have a argument.

The assumption is the pragmatic meaning. Not that pragmatic meaning exists or not. Reiterating "own your shit" at the end of every response doesn't mean you have come gotcha moment that you seem to do oh so much. You are literally trying to tell other people what is going on in THEIR head. Are you some sort of doctor?
    Just pointing out how obvious your dodge attempt is by trying to educate you on the underlying literary device you're ignoring.

But it's your choice; you can leave your shit on the floor. Carry on.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-09 at 05:30 PM.

Yep. I'm looking at a full on mirror of a Republican/pol/ poster. Replace ilk with cucks and you are the exact same kind of poster.

Too bad you turned into Skroe and drank too much anti-Trump kool aid.
    Except, you know, that ilk and cuck have entirely different connotations. Do you actually know what ilk means? Are you aware it doesn't have a default negative connotation like it seems you believe?

So, no, sorry. I dont even know who Skroe is. Dang, my feelings are hurt.

Keep on doing your song and dance of "Ima gunna defend Trump whenever he's criticized...but I'm really not supporting him, gaiz. I really dislike both!" Nobody actually believes you.

Ciao
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-01-09 at 05:31 PM.

What does her being Bill's wife or becoming secretary of state have to do with her upbringing? Still not sure why you brought her up anyway.
    Privelege is more than being rich. It's having people say they are tired of political dynasties while cheering you on to further your husbands legacy.

You are right. I shouldn't speak on behalf of everyone. Should of stated when I say it.
    if you didn't mean it in the literal sense my message wasn't to you

So all good ether way. But like I said there is some in this thread that does and my message is to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not mind that she voiced her opinion. That is her right as an American.

I do mind the platform she used, and that her and "most" actors do a lot of talking and very little action.

Shit like this is not helping the US heal.

They are there to accept a award, Give a award and to give a speech. Looks like she grave a speech and did what she she was allowed to do. SNIP...
    And again, this is entertainment and a celebration of her work in entertainment not in politics. No one watched it to hear any of their political views. They were there to be entertained as well as to celebrate their work.

Politics has no place in that format or at that time. Just as you don't go watch a football game to hear the announcers spout off their political views.

There is a time and place for things and the GG wasn't the place to spout off your opinion on politics. She can purchase her own TV time for that.

So why did you mention a liberal arts degree then? You're either attacking me attacking people with liberal arts degrees. Like somehow it's inferior yet they at least taught you to read, right?
    Don't get sucked into the spiral. Rather than owning up to what he said he'd rather troll. Waste of your time.

Tale as old as Trump.
    Last edited by drakensoul; 2017-01-09 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I find great humor in the 1% telling us how to live and acting as if they have any sort of connection to the real world. Celebrities live a fantasy life.