Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can we talk about how bad Shamanistic Healing is?

Shamanistic Healing (Rank 3/3):
    When your health drops below 35%, The Fist of Ra-den heals you for 136,475 (mind you this is 1/4 of a Healing Surge). Can only occur once every 26 seconds.

So, can anyone point out a situation where this talent even procs that is not immediately followed by death. If they are going to add a healing talent to the artifact, that's great, but why is is something that is seldom, if ever, seen in either PvP or PvE? Am I missing some obvious value in this ability or no is it really just that bad that everyone forgot it even existed?

It just seems like if they made it like 5% leech per point, or made it proc at, say, 75% instead of 35%, it would at least be workable. Either it needs to hit quite a bit harder, or proc far more often. Enhancement's version of a healing talent in-weapon is 30% health over 15 seconds when Astral Shift is cast. This is impactful, noticeable, and, most importantly, dependable.

Wait , what you are saying is that 150k healing every 20 minutes when you have 2,6 million hp is useless?
    you have no idea how many times this saved me during mythic raids .Well i kow at least ..wait im sure there was this one time when... hmmmm

It's borderline fact nowadays that Shamans have always had the bad end of the stick (looking at you Elemental). Unfortunately Shaman is a class you must REALLY want to play.

Deleted
    When I first saw this I thought it was alright, a bit of free healing every 30 seconds, naturally I assumed the next point would make it do double, then triple every 30 seconds. The fact the following 2 points lower it from 30 seconds to 28 to 26 is the real joke.

i would see this trait like this

When your health drops below 85%, The Fist of Ra-den heals you for 136,475 (mind you this is 1/4 of a Healing Surge). Can only occur once every 26 seconds.

At 0/3 I assumed that the next tier would increase the healing amount by a bit, and that it at 3/3 would end up being like a free healing surge when your HP gets low. That it in reality just decreases the downtime of the proc by 2s each time is completely mind-numbing.

Not to mention that this is meant for PvP, and there are relics with this trait on them. But relic traits are disabled in instanced PvP, so it's completely useless.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I dont know what the hell they were thinking with that trait...

I mean were squishy af so we could really really use something like cauterize and instead we get... this

There might be too much whining in pvp if you cant kill the shaman in less than 10 secs when you train him?

yup it's hilarious when you get a relic with a point in it, you're like holy shit delete, i don't have time to DE/vendor it, it's such trash it must be deleted instantly. 6 traits you could get it down to 20 seconds, think how AMAZINGLY shit it still is, only needs around 13 levels traits before its a good trait.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is why when you play a shaman, you go resto / enh or you go home. Elemental gets 0 love until its the very last patch of every expac anyway

Deleted
    most artifact weapons have a bunch of shitty filler talents, that's just Blizzard being bad at designing content.

Quote Originally Posted by sayulol View Post
    most artifact weapons have a bunch of shitty filler talents, that's just Blizzard being bad at designing content.
    Yeah seems like most specs have at least one thing that's terrible and always the last picked. This one is baffling too.

If they made it equivalent to a healing surge on a 30 second cd, it would still be a throw away talent, but it would seem like a reasonable proc. Whoever came up with the talent had the right idea, but the scaling is one of the most questionable design decisions I have ever seen. It is just so bad I have a hard time imagining how anyone could even think of putting it in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Radianshot View Post
    This is why when you play a shaman, you go resto / enh or you go home. Elemental gets 0 love until its the very last patch of every expac anyway
    Got plenty of love coming tomorrow

A lot of specs have one really useless defensive trait.

For comparison, BM hunter have a Trait that increases their & pet Dodge chance by 2/4/6%, straight out of Vanilla.

MM Hunters have a trait that reduces damage by 3/6/9% for 4 seconds after they disengage.

Fury Wariors have a trait that increases the healing of Bloodthirst by 1/2/3% while below 20%.

List could go on, a lot of specs have those useless traits.

Oh I'm not saying that it's only Elemental that has to deal with it. I'm just saying that the BM hunter one you referenced can actually be seen. Move can be dodged occasionally. The MM Disengage one can be seen. Disengage on an AoE damage section of a raid and it WILL be reduced by a certain %. The Fury one is far closer to the problem I'm referencing, that being the fact that those two talents could very well NEVER actually proc/be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrok View Post
    Oh I'm not saying that it's only Elemental that has to deal with it. I'm just saying that the BM hunter one you referenced can actually be seen. Move can be dodged occasionally. The MM Disengage one can be seen. Disengage on an AoE damage section of a raid and it WILL be reduced by a certain %. The Fury one is far closer to the problem I'm referencing, that being the fact that those two talents could very well NEVER actually proc/be seen.
    Do we really have to argue now over which spec has the best / worst miniscule bonus?

Dodge chance is useless in PvE, end of story.

MM receives whopping 10% less damage for 4 seconds, that is just nothing, ever seen any Hunters disengage during a big damage income? I haven't, mainly because they have Turtle or just heal up with Exhilaration.

The biggest issue of these traits is the fact that some Relics actually boost these traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Do we really have to argue now over which spec has the best / worst miniscule bonus?

Dodge chance is useless in PvE, end of story.

MM receives whopping 10% less damage for 4 seconds, that is just nothing, ever seen any Hunters disengage during a big damage income? I haven't, mainly because they have Turtle or just heal up with Exhilaration.

The biggest issue of these traits is the fact that some Relics actually boost these traits.
    Again I agree with you that these artifact traits are garbage. I'm simply saying that you can actually see them in action. The one I'm talking about for Elemental literally DOES NOT MANIFEST. As in, you can play every aspect of the game, solo PvE, group, raid, PvP, and never see it happen.

Also opens up the floor for discussing the changing of all of those terrible filler talents, dodge/odd healing mechanic/mediocre DR

I would have preferred shamanistic healing to increase the amount of healing done based on maelstrom used, 5, 10 and 15 maelstrom to increase Healing surge's effectiveness by 33, 66 and 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    I would have preferred shamanistic healing to increase the amount of healing done based on maelstrom used, 5, 10 and 15 maelstrom to increase Healing surge's effectiveness by 33, 66 and 100%
    sounds good but then they would completely gut the healing surge pvp trait. heal myself for 600k then 3 seconds later another 600k? damn i'm never dying 1v1 in instanced pvp lol, and more like 900k and 900k if it crits.

10,20, 30 then and call it a day. I liked the idea of using maelstrom defensively as well as offensively considering our spell options. Enhance has a good idea with instant cast heals, I would like elemental to run with that and increase healing power instead of instant cast healing.