Poll: What spec(s) you going with?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    Nothing has really changed about the rules unless you have the bracers, in which case you can hardcore fish for TB and be better off for it.
    I have the Bracers. Is this true even with the nerfs to them on PTR?

Also, has that fucking infuriating Between the Eyes bug been fixed yet on PTR? Even if True Bearing has reduced its cooldown, you often can't use it immediately after using another one. Nothing more frustrating than pushing a button to do a finisher and just having it NOT DO ANYTHING.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Quote Originally Posted by Won7on View Post
    I have the Bracers. Is this true even with the nerfs to them on PTR?

Also, has that fucking infuriating Between the Eyes bug been fixed yet on PTR? Even if True Bearing has reduced its cooldown, you often can't use it immediately after using another one. Nothing more frustrating than pushing a button to do a finisher and just having it NOT DO ANYTHING.
    Pretty sure that is still true, yes, since you will be able to use BtE every other finisher under TB.

After all of the "big changes" for 7.15, did any spec's talents actually end up changing dramatically?

I know Sin apparently doesn't scale well...so hmm.
    why do people keep saying this? assa scales insanely well thanks to agonizing

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    why do people keep saying this? assa scales insanely well thanks to agonizing
    Sims done before Legion showed Sub starting out slow, but quickly becoming a monster once it had more gear, easily outpacing Ass.

I have no idea if that's still true, but I'm guessing that's what people mean when they say Ass doesn't scale well.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Sims done before Legion showed Sub starting out slow, but quickly becoming a monster once it had more gear, easily outpacing Ass.

I have no idea if that's still true, but I'm guessing that's what people mean when they say Ass doesn't scale well.
    Those sims showed sub doing well over 50k more than Sin with 880 gear, so ye those sims were super accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Those sims showed sub doing well over 50k more than Sin with 880 gear, so ye those sims were super accurate...
    Suddenly, even 890 isnt enough to outshine assa, if both players got bis leges.

Btw. I will go MP/AP, sim is showing better results then EP/AP. On the other hand i will try Anticipation, if it not gonna work im gonna stay with Deeper Stratagem, dont like the idea of CP wasted with Vigor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Suddenly, even 890 isnt enough to outshine assa, if both players got bis leges.

Btw. I will go MP/AP, sim is showing better results then EP/AP. On the other hand i will try Anticipation, if it not gonna work im gonna stay with Deeper Stratagem, dont like the idea of CP wasted with Vigor.
    why would you waste cp?

or rather, why would you waste any more than you already have?

you'll just do 4-5 finishers instead of 5-6

I'll be switching between Outlaw and Sin depending on the fights. Though I primarily have played as Sin.

I'm "lucky" enough to not have to worry about legendaries. Got Sephuz/Insignia/Will. So nothing is locking me down in a spec currently.

Do you have a link to these sims?
    This is only valid if you have Greenskin bracers, If you do not, the old rules apply.

And yes BTE now also resets the cd of iself, the bug has been fixed.

why would you waste cp?

or rather, why would you waste any more than you already have?

you'll just do 4-5 finishers instead of 5-6
    Assume you get 3 CPs on Muti, or 2 CPs, and you use another one, you take the risk of wasting CPs if your maximum is 5, a lil' less risk if your maximum is 6

This of course is more easy to notice on high crit builds

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Assume you get 3 CPs on Muti, or 2 CPs, and you use another one, you take the risk of wasting CPs if your maximum is 5, a lil' less risk if your maximum is 6

This of course is more easy to notice on high crit builds
    this is just as true with 6 combo points
    if you use another mut on 3-4 combo points you can just as well waste one

this is just as true with 6 combo points
    if you use another mut on 3-4 combo points you can just as well waste one
    But you know the chance is much lower with 6 CP cap if you mut with 3 CP

Again, I'm assuming high crit builds ( 40>>> ), on slightly lower ones more mastery focused I have no doubt that Vigor will be tremendously great

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    But you know the chance is much lower with 6 CP cap if you mut with 3 CP

Again, I'm assuming high crit builds ( 40>>> ), on slightly lower ones more mastery focused I have no doubt that Vigor will be tremendously great
    Vigor makes everything feel so much more fluid, I hated the fact Stratagem was so far ahead of it prior to 7.1.5. you use more skills and can actually switch targets and get your poison and bleeds going in some kind of acceptable speed, not to mention 170 energy when you use vendetta is super awesome.

Assassination for me, got Bracers/Boots and a nice mix of Mastery/Crit/Vers @891 ilvl.

Not looking to change specs anytime soon, would rather re-roll than grind out another 2 BiS legendaries on this toon.

That was suppose to happen by 880 gear and we know how that turned out in game.

Deleted
    Assassination, got my boots, wrists and cloak, so no more choices here.
    Im not sure about talents, EP still seems to be strong, but Deeper Stratagem is kinda useless now.
    Also, set pieces from nighthold gives us haste/mastery, which is kinda sad, combined with -5% crit. Guess its gonna be MP/Vigor/AP with haste/mastery meta
    Last edited by mmoc9dd26a48af; 2017-01-10 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Is there a simcraft version with thes changes implemented? Otherwis how are people testing this? 50%feelcraft math?

Quote Originally Posted by silverfizz View Post
    Assassination, got my boots, wrists and cloak, so no more choices here.
    Im not sure about talents, EP still seems to be strong, but Deeper Stratagem is kinda useless now.
    Also, set pieces from nighthold gives us haste/mastery, which is kinda sad, combined with -5% crit. Guess its gonna be MP/Vigor/AP with haste/mastery meta
    Im pretty sure haste not gonna be the stat to go, vigor or not, there is no reason to stack haste, our energy will be ok without that. Haste gonna stay worst stat by far. (it doesnt affect bleeds ticking and boosting energy regen is bad idea, because most of your energy comes with your bleeds and isnt boosted by haste)
    Crit still gonna stay on top.
    Mastery is just going to be a bit better then versa.

Want to run assas but what talent combo is the best and if MP/AP is better I have to rely more on crit versa? I have now 43% crit (without food), 5% haste 115% mastery and 4% versa
    Stealthing between ticks since '06