Poll: Your opinion of the change

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbyte View Post
    Exactly what this change provides. A shiny prize for doing nothing other than playing longer than me.
    Which is a good change, in the end. I will continue to play and support this sort of change with my continued patronage and money.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Which is a good change, in the end. I will continue to play and support this sort of change with my continued patronage and money.
    Please explain how a guy who RPs on Moon Guard as "The Dark Princess of Lust" being stronger in Arena than most Glads despite never PvPing is a good change.

At the price of an increasingly higher barrier to entry in PvP in an already struggling population.
    Gladiator Underbyte

And people wonder why there are other people that want holinka fired
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    You are completely wrong.

This destroys new players or alts so not surprising you don't "understand".

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the same at all, because 2 BGs is not even close to the same as grinding four months in MAW..
    Ofc its not the same, the point is that PvE players always cry the loudest about being forced to do PvP, but when PvPers are forced to do PvE the devs don't give 2 shits about them. Just look at legion, seriously there has been nothing good about PvP, heck even honor xp that you get for your pvp talents are better earned at doing PvE content....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flerp View Post
    Please explain how a guy who RPs on Moon Guard as "The Dark Princess of Lust" being stronger in Arena than most Glads despite never PvPing is a good change.
    Because Blizzard is a company that bases their game on what will make money. I PvP casually, and this will give me more of a reason to PvP as I will have more of an advantage, which will only assure me continuing to patron Blizzard with my wallet.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Then don't fucking post on a thread about PvP if you don't PvP. Go post in a PvE thread about how you can press buttons in the same order many times without making any mistakes.
    I mean I do pvp I just don't prioritise it, up until 5 days ago I was working on maxxing my weapon for raiding, turns out it took a lot of time.

Saying that someone straight up isn't allowed an opinion or to engage in content / discusion because it isn't their sole focus in the game is beyond asanine.

The funniest part was that I actually agreed with you on the core issue and retained a pretty neutral stance on the topic.

Stay mad dude.
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2017-01-10 at 03:49 PM.
    Feral Meme machine

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbyte View Post
    At the price of an increasingly higher barrier to entry in PvP in an already struggling population.
    Then don't play, it is your only way to honestly prove your point.

However, I don't think that you will, regardless.
    ~~ ~~

Deleted
    Because Blizzard is a company that bases their game on what will make money. I PvP casually, and this will give me more of a reason to PvP as I will have more of an advantage, which will only assure me continuing to patron Blizzard with my wallet.
    People like you who don't focus on or care about PvP would likely be playing regardless. Other people, including myself, won't be playing if PvP is dead. Doesn't sound like a very smart choice to me if sub money's what you care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    Saying that someone straight up isn't allowed an opinion or to engage in content / discusion because it isn't their sole focus in the game is beyond asanine.
    I replied to your post with a bunch of different points and all you could muster was "lmao u mad". So yes, since your post had zero credibility the least you could do is have some yourself as a PvP player, which you do not.
    Last edited by mmocc017710d05; 2017-01-10 at 03:51 PM.

PvP participation is at an all time low.

What they're doing to PvP is the opposite of making money.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Then don't play. I honestly and truly don't care what you decide to do. I care about my own experience and this change benefits is and I will support these sort of decisions with my money both directly and indirectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    PvP participation is at an all time low.

What they're doing to PvP is the opposite of making money.
    Apparently they think it is a good idea, which is why they implemented it. If people don't like it, then they shouldn't feed Blizzard with their money which supports these sort of decisions.
    ~~ ~~

Like what pvp really needed was more burst damage... increasing damage per time favors damage over healing even if you increase healing per time for the same relative amount because crowd control abilities exist.

People like you who don't focus on or care about PvP would likely be playing regardless. Other people, including myself, won't be playing if PvP is dead. Doesn't sound like a very smart choice to me if sub money's what you care about.

I replied to your post with a bunch of different points and all you could muster was "lmao u mad". So yes, since your post had zero credibility the least you could do is have some yourself as a PvP player, which you do not.
    When you try to pick something apart to address the specific phrasing of it rather than attempting to see the point of view and discuss that and write a driveling and entirley subjective wall of text then yeh, cba.

Maths still says your wrong though.

Basically your upset you mis-invested your ap. Pretty much everyone i know who played a pure dps class no matter pve or pvp were banking their AP due to the potential for upcoming changes in a patch, truly a pity you didn't have that foresight. (hence the sucks to be you)

I still agree that it was wrong of them to spring this out with zero warning, that or perhaps nobody cared to test it on the ptr ?

Either way, they didn't give sufficient warning to prepare.

You also hide behind anonyminity, and claim that your opinion is more credible, would my opinion suddenly be worth more if I disabled my signature and renamed my account ?
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2017-01-10 at 04:02 PM.
    Feral Meme machine

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Well yeah, I unsubbed early January and started playing on the new Nostalrius pvp.
    Then why do you even care enough to be here? Stay there and stop associating with Live WoW entirely.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Good argument. Back to your Internet dragons with you if you're at 1k rating as the most broken melee in the game and think you deserve to post in a thread about PvP and be listened to.
    Lovely argument.

I see people claiming that they're 15% behind. 10% is more accurate considering going from 34-35 is done in a day or so.
    Hi

Deleted
    Basically your upset you mis-invested your ap.
    Calling that "mis-investing" is like saying you're wasting your money on food because they might invent a way for us to survive on radio signals one day. Do you not understand that?

I still agree that it was wrong of them to spring this out with zero warning, that or perhaps nobody cared to test it on the ptr ?

Either way, they didn't give sufficient warning to prepare.
    Okay, well, there you go. If you agree with what I'm saying, and literally everyone else for that matter, then I don't see why you're calling me wrong. This is a mechanic that should either be introduced at the start of an expansion or not at all. I could MAYBE justify it on a major patch, with a warning months in advance, if they managed to make the season's end/start align perfectly. Otherwise there's simply no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I see people claiming that they're 15% behind. 10% is more accurate considering going from 34-35 is done in a day or so.
    Fair enough, but 10% is still massive. And while I personally don't care about missing a few million points on my PvE weapon to catch up (or make a terribly poor attempt at catching up) on my PvP one this is probably going to hurt a lot of people who take both PvE and PvP seriously.
    Last edited by mmocc017710d05; 2017-01-10 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    Nobody plays PvP anymore, because the game sucks for PvPers, and the class balance is off. Also most classes are pruned into being very boring to play.

All this, and they are still doing their best to decrease participation. Last season (Primal season, s19) is the season that had the lowest PvP participation since battlegroups were merged and you could actually track participation.

Edit: Look at the ladder now for example. The 3v3 ladder has less players in it than a private server.
    Last edited by mmocb1b485114a; 2017-01-10 at 04:17 PM.

The point is, and I believe people are missing this.

The stated goal for PvP going into Legion was to decrease the gap between new players going into PvP and those who had been at it for months.

Does this change accomplish this? No, it does the exact opposite and imposes an uneeded gap between players that PvPing can't really fill in. Not only does it go against their stated goals but it also discourages PvPing to be viable at PvP since the amount of artifact power you get from PvPing is laughably small.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I voted negative, not because I believe the change is bad - but rather because a major change like that shouldn't take place mid season.

Be akin to making a major change in PvE mid Mythic NH progression.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Hollinka just tweeted that 35+ traits is not unlocked in pvp.