Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    I like to have fun. This is exactly the crap I hear from the ragers in BGs.
    I like to have fun too. Winning is fun. Losing is not.

Winning you get more AP, more Loot, and usually more HK/Honor.

Plus fuck losing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see this happen about 50% of the time. You get into a BG, you start losing, someone gets pissed off because losing. "We won't win unless we do objectives/kill the healer/peel your healer blah blah blah".
    What a thickheaded fella you are.
    Has it ever occurred to these people that winning isn't everything in a random BG? For me it's the place I go to smash face and not give a damn about winning or losing. Yes I play by objectives, but if I have the berserker buff and I see that squishy Fire Mage in mid then I'm gonna go and fuck him up. Because it's fun.
    Read below:
    Has it ever occurred to these people that killing the boss isn't everything in a pve-instance? For me it's the place I go to smash face and not give a damn about killing or wipeing. Yes I play by objectives, but if I have the feeling and I see that squishy trashpack in the corner then I'm gonna go and fuck them up. Because it's fun.
    If you want to be competitive, play rated. Same deal with Quick Play in Overwatch, if you want to play competitively, play Competitive. I have no clue why people are so damn competitive in casual areas of the game.
    No man. If YOU want to do your own shit, go do it somewhere else. Just think what would happen if people just started to do their own thing if they feel like it?
    What a self centered c*nt
    Last edited by Cuppy; 2017-01-10 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Words
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    No man. If YOU want to do your own shit, go do it somewhere else. Just think what would happen if people just started to do their own thing if they feel like it?
    What a self centered c*nt
    I can't.

I'm undergeared as shit. If I went out in the world to fight in World PvP because I want to mess people up, I wouldn't be able to because everyone is 870+ by now.

Equalized PvP is my only option atm.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Winning is fun. Wasting everyone else's time so you can "smash face" is the reason people rage at you. If you just want to fuck around there's war games for that. Don't be so self centered. Most people join BGs to get honor/marks of honor/achievements like "win 100 AB" or to simply WIN a BG which they are designed for.
    I can't.

I'm undergeared as shit. If I went out in the world to fight in World PvP because I want to mess people up, I wouldn't be able to because everyone is 870+ by now.

Get your shit together and gear up. It's not hard and doesn't take long. If you actually made an effort to win your BGs you would get gear from the gear box that's given out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    I can't.

So you're just rationalizing your weakness by telling yourself "I play for fun" ?

Deleted
    Why wouldn't you want to win a BG? Yes, zerging is fun. But winning while zerging is even more fun (because you actually get something out of it).

15+ Year Old Account
    Because winning is more fun than losing, and many people don't have the opportunity to play in competitive PvP teams?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not one of those random bg ragers but I enjoy winning. I don't do rated PvP so random bgs are my only form of PvP (and a couple of wpvp encounters) and as such I intent to win every single one I join.

It's also not comparable to OW quickplay in that the rewards are purely cosmetic but losing will get you them slower yes. In WoW losing means you lose out on honor which helps you unlock those talents and AP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Where 2 or more teams clash, someone has to be bottom of the barrel. 99% of people do not want to be bottom of the barrel. And this is why people like to win.
    Exactly. No matter what I do (raid, rated pvp, random pvp) I play to win. Nothing fun about losing.
    I farm prestige (current 7-25) and one way of doing that is random bgs. If my team loses it have a impact on my "progression".
    It is a team effort - wouldn't you kick people in LFR for just standing around and being useless - because they just like to watch the encounter instead of taking part in it ? You sure would.

Bgs should have a equal vote-kick system for scrubs not playing the game the way it was designed to.

Don't screw random people because you don't give a damn.
    If you don't want to win, don't join it.
    It doesn't matter if it meets "your" standards of value or not, you are part of a team.
    Do your part, or go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If I'm doing a BG, I want to win so that I get the reward. It's incredibly frustrating to be doing everything I can to win, only to get stomped because people just want to mindlessly zerg about. I've pretty much stopped PvPing at this point (something I used to enjoy) because people don't even try. If you're going to do a BG, try for the same reason you should reliably show up to raid if that's your end game, or show up to meetings on time - you don't want to waste everyone else's time.

Because it's a game and I play to win.
    Because winning gives better rewards for time invested.
    Because it's cool to win.
    Because it's nice to know that the rest of the team is at least trying to win.

I don't mind losing. It's a competitive mode, so you will lose sometimes and that's normal.

I find it cool when we lose but the team was good and the game was a close one. Problem is when the team is full of idiots that are just wasting your time and you have no chance of winning at all. It's frustrating that whenever you go for objectives you feel outnumbered 3-to-1. It's specially horrible when that happens in several games in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Because winning is more fun than losing, and many people don't have the opportunity to play in competitive PvP teams?
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Everyone not wanting to win in any form of competitive (yes, a random BG is also competitive, as every non ranked PvP game is!!!) should stay out of competitive modes and don't waste time of guys with the right mind in playing competitive
    ^Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Where 2 or more teams clash, someone has to be bottom of the barrel. 99% of people do not want to be bottom of the barrel. And this is why people like to win.
    As said above, it's normal to lose sometimes. Big problem is when you are in a team where most people are clueless or idiots and you have no chance of winning.

I can't.

That's no excuse. Even in the worse PvP seasons I could help despite being undergeared. You still have CC's. You still can slow down enemies. You can still call incoming threats. You can still scout the enemy. Yes, you die pretty quickly, but you can still help. Only situation that's really problematic is if there's too many undergeared people in your team.

If you want to be competitive, play rated. Same deal with Quick Play in Overwatch, if you want to play competitively, play Competitive. I have no clue why people are so damn competitive in casual areas of the game.
    If BGs were more like the battlefield series, where I progress whether I win or lose I could understand this mindset. But BGs are about farming up honor (or at least they were). Also, If there is some event or requirement that says "win 5 games" then winning is the only reason I am there. And if I want old pvp gear for transgmog , I need to win to get a box for a chance at a token.

Sounds like you really just want to go somewhere for some world PvP, I'd suggest Goldshire or out front of Org.

If all you want to do is "smash face", you are clicking the wrong button. You want "arena skirmish" not "random battleground". The only objective in an arena is to "see face, smash face". You still get your stat template, and you aren't intentionally queuing for an activity that you don't want to do (namely, battleground objectives).

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    If all you want to do is "smash face", you are clicking the wrong button. You want "arena skirmish" not "random battleground". The only objective in an arena is to "see face, smash face". You still get your stat template, and you aren't intentionally queuing for an activity that you don't want to do (namely, battleground objectives).
    This.

If all you want to do is kill people you can do skirms, that's all you do there.

When I hear people in BGs saying they are there to have fun, not to win all I hear is that they know they are shit and can't win so they are trying to put a positive spin on their crappy ability to play a game. If you only care about fun, queue skirms, queue wargames (good luck finding 9 other people that just want to have fun), or pvp in the legion zones.

Sounds to me like you are just a shit player who wants to feel better about being shit instead of trying to not be shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the main reason for doing a random BG is for the 100k ap from the win. So if we lose, I pretty much see it as a waste of 10 min.

A lot of the time if I see we have a downs team (no one caps the first flag, or we immediately get 4 flag capped, etc) I literally just /afk out at the beginning and do other things and try again in 15min when deserter debuff is gone.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-01-10 at 07:34 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I admit I'm a bit of a BG hero myself, I thrive on seeing my opponants lose but I prefer it way more if the fight is a hard one. The closer the match the better for me and winning for me is the icing on the cake. If my team are playing stupid and seem to be mostly afk or scouting for 1v1's then I might shout a few orders because the opposing team aren't afking and looking for 1v1's, they're usually pushing for the win and I really don't want them to have it so easy, it's embarassing y'know?

So I want to win for two things: Queue times are long as hell and I don't have a serious rated bg team or specific times I can play, random BG's is my only way of decent scale pvp, finding good fights for myself and pushing for a win.

It's people like the OP that lose the game for everyone else. Like the AV I was in yesterday. A whole bunch of people standing on Noob hill in Alterac Valley. Despite repeated, constant requests for them to help with the towers, for them to leave via the waterfall and travel back north. They decided to just sit on noob hill and tete-a-tete with the occasional defender trickling through.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?