Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does blizzard think its okay to extort transfer fees from Mythic raiders

They've proven they can allow cross realm content in everything except mythic raiding. They cripple the community that wants to do the highest end of PvE content, but if you're not a connected realm or big realm and want to raid progression then pay up because of a choice many years ago.

Deleted
    So what you're saying you want to PUG Mythic progression?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to raid Mythics you're going to need to sacrifice a lot more than $25. So it's a moot point really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    They've proven they can allow cross realm content in everything except mythic raiding. They cripple the community that wants to do the highest end of PvE content, but if you're not a connected realm or big realm and want to raid progression then pay up because of a choice many years ago.

#IAmMadBecauseOwnReason
    #BecauseIDoNotWishToPayAServiceItIsNowExtortion

Man, did you make this complaint before cross realm too, or, did you not play then? Not really extortion, you wish to reach further then you are to be expected to be with the group too. That is just how it is for now #Life.

And for your server, I am guessing, there just ain't no group for you/wanting you? Sometimes, changes are needed to reach a destination.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-01-10 at 07:57 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Just re-roll on a new server - if you're hardcore, you'll be up and running in no time.
    But maybe you're just a casual?

On a more serious note - the server transfer fees are annoying as hell, especially if you happen to be stuck on a dead, non connected server (even if you're not a raider).
    But I suspect those "added value" services earn they quite a lot of money, so it's not going to change any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always been stingy with shit that helps players the most. This can also be seen in Hearthstone when they should be handing out more card packs for free to help the starting players out (what they do hand out is definitely not enough). I started up Shadowverse and got like 50+ packs for free and was up and running with a a few decks.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    Doesn't need to be pigging per se, you can always do a sister guild with 10 and 10. My guild was doing it for Heroics since we lost a few people and things have gone great up to this point.

There little reason to keep mythic raids off the x-realm list after world firsts are sorted out.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's tons of good players on dead realms who don't want to have to transfer/reroll and take that risk prior to moving. Blizzard tries to hold onto this server identity idea when it's long gone now. Watcher doesn't want to upset his former raider buddies so it won't change until the Tier is no longer relevant.

My guild gained a handful of great people from cross realm raiding who decided to transfer after working with us. Without cross realm we never would've found them.

Right now you have to transfer or re-roll only to get a trial with a guild. What if you hate them? Pony up more cash or re-roll again. That's absolutely retarded.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Yes, why not?
    I'm a pug only player because I can't commit to a raiding schedule, but if I ever get a night off then I want to raid. Most of the time, there isn't a group at that time on my server.

I don't really know if they can anymore to be honest. Most mythic raiders now exist only on a handful of highly populated realms I have to imagine that transfers don't occur nearly as frequently as they did before.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the reason I un-subbed. I moved my raiding toons, once, from Uther to Blackrock when Uther dried up at the end Wrath/early in Cata. I wasn't willing to do it again when Blackrock began to dry up.

I was subbed for just about 10years. Over that decade friends moved around for various reasons. I have friends across many servers now. The game should not have artificial blocks on how I can play with those friends. The game should actively seek out how to make the process of playing with friends as easy as possible. The options for playing with friends, playing a game with friends, should not be limited. If I want to raid Mythic there is no technical or logical reason for not allowing me to do so cross realm. That I can't was the final straw for me: by design Blizzard blocked me from playing the game at the highest difficulty levels with my friends UNLESS I was willing to pay for that privilege. Fuck you blizzard.

They dont extort anything, find a raiding guild on your server, or start one and train people to be better raiders. That aside with the new shard technology i foresee a time in which all realms are one for AH, trading, guilds and the "server name" is just like a suraname so you have fewer name conflicts.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Good thing bnet tokens are a thing soon.

#inb4OPcallsthatextortiontoo
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    If you are as hardcore of high end raider as you claim to be, reroll a char on a new server.

Mythic will permanently be locked to realms, and will never be x-realm unless the content is deemed old.

What mmo's offer free realm transfers?

All those I have previously played, only offered payed transfers.. If any at all.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Server xfers are dirt cheap. Get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    This is the reason I un-subbed. I moved my raiding toons, once, from Uther to Blackrock when Uther dried up at the end Wrath/early in Cata. I wasn't willing to do it again when Blackrock began to dry up.
    Shame on you for not moving to illidan, Mal'ganis, Stormrage or Sargeras (or whatever the EU equilvalent is). If anyone is not transferring to one of the big 4, they didn't research before spending the money and that's just a shame on you.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2017-01-10 at 08:40 PM.

I would definitely support increased utilization of sharding and other technology that allows players to play together without the idiocy of CRZ. I've seen it done extremely well in other games, and it works beautifully, but requires 2 things:

1) Content either require multiple players or not penalize players for working together. Shared tags on mobs and resource nodes in Legion are a huge step in this direction.
    2) The players playing together not still being artificially separated. This means guilds, trades, etc. being able to work with one another as well.

Of course, faction also serves as a huge block against playing with other people.... if your main is Horde and the guild you're looking at is Alliance, there's not much choice outside of paying for a transfer or re-rolling. But then again, given how little faction matters in this game in any kind of real sense and how other games have gone, I just don't see any value in the faction divide. Even the current conflict is barely tenable from a story PoV, and free-for-all PvP areas destroy any pretense that PvP in the world has anything to do with story or faction conflict, while simultaneously demonstrating amply that you don't need factions to have that sort of conflict.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Shame on you for not moving to illidan, Mal'ganis, Stormrage or Sargeras (or whatever the EU equilvalent is). If anyone is not transferring to one of the big 4, they didn't research before spending the money and that's just a shame on you.
    Yeah, tell me about it. I had two guilds on Illidan that were interested in me at the time that I transferred off of Uther. Both of them are long gone, but at least the server population is still strong there. Quite a few friends on Mal'ganis. The bulk of my hardcore friends are on Tich.

Unfortunately, I can't see the future. Back when I transferred off Uther, Blackrock was one of the most heavily populated servers in the list. That all changed when Blizzard a couple years after my transfer offered free transfers from Blackrock to Aussie realms. Hard to predict that.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-01-10 at 08:46 PM.