Thread: Boulderfist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So I changed lots of talents because of this patch, running HH > AS > Overcharge > FoA > LS.

For mythic+ I guess FoA is the best that tier right? But should we use it for single target as well or is it a dps loss? Better spend that extra maelstrom on lava lash?
    Assuming you're not spec'd into Boulderfist and don't have 4p T19, yeah, you'll use FoA in single target. Even with 4p T19 you'll probably still use FoA single target for non-Boulderfist builds - it just won't be a large gain.

For mythic+'s you'll probably want to use Tempest instead of Overcharge, unless you're more worried about the boss encounters instead of overall clear speed (Overcharge beats Tempest by ~3% in 1-target sustained but loses to Tempest by ~5% in 5-target sustained with the default sim profile).

Ran some simc tests. Both were with HH > AS > FoA > LS.

Overcharge: 503.6k
    Tempest: 486.3k

How is the difference so big? There must be something wrong with simc.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Ran some simc tests. Both were with HH > AS > FoA > LS.

Overcharge: 503.6k
    Tempest: 486.3k

How is the difference so big? There must be something wrong with simc.
    ~3% isn't exactly a huge difference, especially since Tempest still wins for AOE and will take over in single target again when you get your set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Yes, from what i understand it's not good enough for single target. Only AoE.
    And yes, it's currently the best one in that row.
    Correction, if you take into account the 20 MW and damage lost from not using Rockbiter instead, FoA is more efficient MW use and is better Damage Per Cast after 17 seconds, as you only really need to cast it once per fight.
    Plus, as you can fit in more Rockbiters after switching to AS, you should have more than enough MW generation to still generate more than enough MW to keep it going.

is 7.1.5 simc not trustworthy then? because i've simmed all possible combos of windsong/hh+tempest/overcharge and windsong+tempest came out on top? @890 ilvl with current gear

I can't stand our new talent setups. Was anyone asking for our playstyle to change completely? It seemed a lot of people felt the 7.1 hailstorm build was one of the better versions of Enh there has ever been. These new builds suck.

I really disliked Hailstorm if only for the fact that I always ended up pressing Flametongue right after. If it was adding them together into 1 button, I would've sticked to it.

But Hailstorm build isn't dead, you can still use it if you like. The only difference now is that CS isn't viable single target anymore. The damage difference is negligble if you don't like the HH/AS build.