Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Bomba View Post
    Against gay marriage for half his presidency. Don't pin that star on Obama, that was completely the Supreme Court and the US public.
    The Supreme Court which would likely have not ruled as it did without Obama's appointees. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Ill give you that, but he tripled the national debt

LOL tripled

last time i checked he was at 86% increase around the same for bush, he might hit 100% by the time its all over

your buddy Reagan still holds the crown for the last 50 years of 186% increase. Even he did not triple the debt

why do people feel the need to make shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Okay BIG problem with Obama here. His talk about activism is a little late. The Dems did a shit job in state and local elections. Obama was the defacto leader.

Sadly I'm not a Dem, but since I have to hitch myself to a party that can do something in our shit 2 party system. Obama failed in this.
    This is true, he should of done far more for senate and other "down ballot" elections, even if he was trying look neutral for the top of the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    This is true, he should of done far more for senate and other "down ballot" elections, even if he was trying look neutral for the top of the ticket
    Obama seemed disinterested in down ballot and state elections. Namely keeping Wasserman-Schultz in charge of DNC. That was a fuck-fest fail.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    One of the greatest orators we have ever seen. It's a shame his 8 years in office didn't match the rhetoric.
    Um...what? The guy is one of the worst speakers I've ever seen. He's really good at reading a teleprompter; I'll give him that. But anytime he doesn't have one, or it goes out...it's hilarious. He turns into a blathering fool. He can't form a sentence. Even worse than Bush.

Anyway, good riddance. One of the worst Presidents ever finally gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Against gay marriage for half his presidency. Don't pin that star on Obama, that was completely the Supreme Court and the US public.
    Fine -- then how do you explain the myriad of executive orders given domestic partner and then marriage rights to federal contractors and employees even before the SCOTUS decision? Not to mention the actions the military took to repeal DADT?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I don't know what DATA is, I am gonna give you stimulus and obamacare, the rest is either insignificant or basic requirement of any president. I just can't grasp how reversing the ban on federal fundings on stem cell research is an "achievement".
    >Attempts to argue that someone is bad
    >Plain admits to not knowing what they achieved
    >Does not even know what said thing he achieved, IS.

I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

The nation will be tuning in tonight to say farewell to President Obama, unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had. He has accomplished so much in the last 8 years and it will be hard to say goodbye to him. I will miss him so much and have zero hopes in his alleged successor.
    Are you joking? That has to be the most ignorant comment of 2017. You're placing him above Washington, Lincoln, Adams, Jefferson, FDR, JFK. The affordable care act is what he will be remembered most by and it was a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Ugh. I'm sick of this landslide nonsense. Losing seats in the house, losing seats in the senate, and losing the popular vote is not a landslide. The only thing that didn't make it a complete loss for the GOP federally was that Trump beat Clinton via the electoral college. Everything else they lost.
    Beat her by 70,000-107,000 votes for that EC victory as well. Apparently redefining words was on Trump's agenda too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    What did he achieve? Please enlighten me because I can't think of any.
    http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Are you joking? That has to be the most ignorant comment of 2017. You're placing him above Washington, Lincoln, Adams, Jefferson, FDR, JFK. The affordable care act is what he will be remembered most by and it was a failure.
    It's quite difficult to assess someone's public speaking ability when you've never seen them give a speech. You can probably find the odd VoD of JFK but as to the rest no one on this forum has any first hand experience of these orators.

Deleted
    I hope he won't regret retiring. I will remember him as a great president.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Actually, due to the wording he may be able to run as VP.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7e327ae6225e

Essentially, the eligibility aspect is that no one can be elected as president twice. Since as VP Bill himself isnt the one being elected its a bit of a loop hole that he is still technically eligible so long as he isnt elected.
    Actually, the wording is very specific if you read the final line:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.
    There are possible loopholes, sure...but it's unlikely anyone would test them by putting up a VP candidate that had already served as President. It would be basically loading the gun for the opposition. It would just give the appearance of trying to subvert the spirit of the amendment by playing with semantics.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only saw sections of it. But from what I saw and heard from others is, he basically was patting his own back. I will for one, will not miss him at all and will be glad when he is out of office. However, I wish him a long and healthy/happy retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

The nation will be tuning in tonight to say farewell to President Obama, unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had. He has accomplished so much in the last 8 years and it will be hard to say goodbye to him. I will miss him so much and have zero hopes in his alleged successor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Why do people pretend that American political history seems to begin in 1990?
    Most of them are millennials, so naturally their criteria for "worst president ever" is Bush and Obama, and what little they remember of Clinton's last years when they were tweens.

Even then, Bush's presidency was a train wreck filled with war, ballooning deficit, and lies.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And he made it worse. Red-line in Syria and the Iran deal showed he has no backbone, the Sunni Awakening in the Al-Anbar province where thousands of Sunni clerics bravely backed U.S forces only to be led to slaughter when we pulled out - shows he has no heart, continuing to play hide the ball with the problem of Islamic terrorism shows he has no brain.

I've never seen race-relations so bad in the US the entire time I've been alive, failure do to anything about Syria has led to the refugee crisis - which will probably lead to the break-up of the EU, Russia invaded another country and he did nothing. How on Earth could you spin positive the results of any of his foreign policy?

The results of the Obama presidency were a Republican landslide. And people in this thread are saying he's the greatest POTUS? Dear God.
    Landslide? Trump won by what 80k votes in 3 key states, but lost the popular vote by a lot, and the dems picked up seats in the senate and no one expected them to be able out over come the gerrymandering to retake the house

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's quite difficult to assess someone's public speaking ability when you've never seen them give a speech. You can probably find the odd VoD of JFK but as to the rest no one on this forum has any first hand experience of these orators.
    Where did I mention public speaking? I could care less how good of a public speaker someone is, I care more about the things they do while in office.

I may not think he was perfect but I'd vote for him again over our current candidate without flinching.

So to this man and his 8 years of service to this country, for better or worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.