Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Undocumented Mythic Helya Changes

P3:

- The corrupted orbs fixate for a shorter duration.
    - The amount of Decaying Minions spawned has been doubled.

EDIT: WAS "Resolvaed"
    Last edited by Solidux; 2017-01-12 at 03:30 AM.

Looking at logs it appear P3 orbs are now a 5 second duration. (previously 8)
    P1 orbs are unchanged and still 8 seconds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda a buff to the encounter lol, dealing with 8 fucking adds instead of 4 is way worse than dealing with a little longer orb kite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Kinda a buff to the encounter lol, dealing with 8 fucking adds instead of 4 is way worse than dealing with a little longer orb kite.
    Yea. They melee for around 600k and now they beat on 8 people. Put orbs back to 8 seconds and adds back to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
    Yea. They melee for around 600k and now they beat on 8 people. Put orbs back to 8 seconds and adds back to 4.
    I don't understand why they change a fight this late into the raid and not even tell us? Like what the hell are they thinking?

It's probably a bug.

We had 20 adds on the fourth wave of Minions in P3. Seems to increase with each wave of them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean generally most kill times around this point deal with 4 sets of adds, with earlier kills dealing with 5 or simply ignoring them (I forget). But referencing a lot of recent kills most people end up killing 16 adds total in P3. Right now, under the current design you deal with 56.

I recognize that it's cleave and AoE, and isn't a great comparison, but that's 200 million more damage that you have to do during the encounter again lol.

I really hope it was a just a bug and not a quirky balance change. While the orb change is nice, 5 seconds instead of 8 barely makes a difference once you figure out who it's on. Increased DPS requirements because there are 8/12/16/20 adds running around, not to mention larger margin of error with pools being everywhere makes the last phase a bit more difficult than what we experienced a day ago. That's with everyone gaining some health and some damage too.

Deleted
    200 million?

If that's true, that would make the fight a kind of an entire reprogression.

We're currently on the boss as well, reaching the end of phase 2 in progres, we're hoping to down it this week honestly, but if this is going on, errr, okay.... not happening I guess, yet.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It largely depends. I mean, I'd have to check to see if people are actually killing the fourth set of adds currently or before (I think they are, or depending they would ignore them).

Typically right now people are ignoring the fourth mariner, killing the boss before or sometime after it spawns. The fourth set of adds (which is currently 20 adds) comes right around the time the fourth mariner spawns). Previously for guilds just killing it last week it's likely they probably ignored that last set, but given that the previous 3 waves have a combined total of 24 additional adds that you didn't have to deal with before. It becomes a little bit more difficult to just burn the boss at that point, especially when you have a set of TWENTY adds coming out at that time.

But yeah for all intent and purpose we were wiping slightly before the set of 20 comes out, with the previous sets being 16/12/8. Those 24 adds equate to 120 million raw HP, extra damage, and spooge on the ground. Obviously you have some cleave and AoE so it's not a pure comparison, but you're also using some GCDs to snare/grip/stun/knockback adds as well. Not to mention overkill GCDs on the adds as well.

Guilds that were first killing it prior to first set of nerfs did 5 sets of adds, and ignored the 5th mariner. If your DPS was at a level such as this right now like the first guilds were (granted boss had 300 million more HP), you would be dealing with 80 adds in P3, as opposed to 20 total. I remember watching some videos about people doing the boss then and telling them to quickly burn down the fifth set of adds, go to the top of the stairs, then promptly ignore the mariner and hope the boss died. That same part of the fight would now have 24 adds spawning at that point.

It's certainly doable, but P3 is basically harder now than it was prior to the patch. We start to get overrun and boss damage starts grinding to a halt because we are trying to kill the third mariner, and 16 adds, which becomes rather difficult to place their spooge correctly because they come out slightly staggered from everywhere in the fucking room.

Also obviously not on topic but Guarm knocks people up REALLY high in the air on knock back now.

Bump, noticed this as well. The amount of adds is adding a whole extra layer of difficulty. What used to be 9% wipes on Monday are now struggles to get past 15% a day later

Yep, not sure if this is a bug or intended change. Makes ph3 a lot more difficult

After the wave where 20 add spawns. If your raid has survived this long. 1 add will spawn every second after that endlessly until you're dead or boss is dead.

So the effective change was:

4 > 8 > 12 > 16 > 20 > Endless + adds every second

We probably would have gotten the chosen this week if this change did not happen. We had to burn boss when 20 ad wave spawned to kill it.

I dont get whats the point of buffing a boss 1 week before a new raid opens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    I dont get whats the point of buffing a boss 1 week before a new raid opens.
    It's just silly to make these changes now. It shafts anyone progressing this boss and it's silly...

Don't see what the point of this was??? they nerf it just too make p3 unintentionally a lot more challenging again.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Resolvaed an issue that was causing too many Decaying Minions to spawn in phase 3 on Mythic difficulty." (Yes, the typo was part of the original post)
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/7...es-january-11/

Hotfixed:

Resolvaed an issue that was causing too many Decaying Minions to spawn in phase 3 on Mythic difficulty.

Deleted
    Curious if this still makes the orb duration 4 seconds and leaves the adds on 4 constantly or what the exact status is now.

Someone from the states can maybe fill in the blanks?