Epicus Maximus (Brawler's Guild Boss)

Anyone manage to kill him? I've hit a bit of a roadblock on him.

If you have killed him, what was your dps?

You need about 515k for him, and about 535k for the next.

Grab some drums off the AH, they're relatively cheap. And lucky for you the queue is probably long enough that the sated would wear off if you fail :P

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    You need about 515k for him, and about 535k for the next.

Grab some drums off the AH, they're relatively cheap. And lucky for you the queue is probably long enough that the sated would wear off if you fail :P
    Bummer. I can't break 470. Can only interrupt first and third Blue Crash and the movement is killer. Thanks for the info!

I dont think epicus maximus is even doable with current hunters. But I think you being a monk might be able to do it.

Not sure it's doable if you let blue crush go through, it just fucks with your damage.

I was getting to like 490k or so, and hitting enrage with 10mil or less left. After I tightened things up, and switch talents as Ret, I got up to 515k and did it.

Last boss needs more than that, as a note

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You need Biggus Dickus DPS for Epicus Maximus.

... sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm stuck on the first challenge card fight, I can't even really understand the mechanics just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Not sure it's doable if you let blue crush go through, it just fucks with your damage.

I was getting to like 490k or so, and hitting enrage with 10mil or less left. After I tightened things up, and switch talents as Ret, I got up to 515k and did it.

Last boss needs more than that, as a note
    Well since counterspell is only up for the first and third blue crash, I have to blink away on the 2nd and 4th. I don't just let it hit me haha.

Yeah, I may just need better gear at this point. Gotten plenty of attempts in to see the variance

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah rank 8 is 500dps range.

I made it through rank 7 as 870ish (889 artifact) fury war with Sephuz and/or drums. If I had Helm and/or Execute Ring I'd easily be done with Brawlers as long as I waited for drums cooldown every time.

Stuck on Nibbleh because Sephuz can't proc on him. Need to rely on Odyn's Champion RNG to win, so no point continuing atm. If I get Helm, Execute Ring, or Trinket I might bother trying harder.

Odyn's Champion is far too much RNG. Multiple procs I can easily win a fight, no procs I hit enrage.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2017-01-11 at 10:00 AM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I managed to squeak past Nibbleh and Serpent of Old (both pretty much at the enrage), but Epicus Maximus has stopped me cold. Paladin, but prot main spec with Prydaz and Sephuz... against Epicus I'm doing pretty much exactly what my sims say I should be doing, which is around 420k. Nowhere near enough for him

Just for a reference, I'm a 885 UH DK and reached brawlers guild rank 8 today.

The last two bosses are definitely the biggest dps check. There are few tips I have though:

1. currently you can use both the brawlers prolong power and the regular prolonged power potions, which means 5500 stat increase which is huge
    2. prepot before the boss, using both prolonged potions then waiting till you can use the brawlers potion again, this will help tremendously
    3. drums of fury/war. I was enraging last boss, when i used drums i killed before the last phase, made it very simple
    4. Using flask and food (rune if you want) will help a lot, treat it as raid progression needing all the consumables

If you do that you should be able to handle it, will all the above uses i finished last boss around 870K dps. make sure you take your burst skills as the initial 5500 increase in stats will be your time to knock off a huge portion of health.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreador61 View Post
    Just for a reference, I'm a 885 UH DK and reached brawlers guild rank 8 today.

The last two bosses are definitely the biggest dps check. There are few tips I have though:

1. currently you can use both the brawlers prolong power and the regular prolonged power potions, which means 5500 stat increase which is huge
    2. prepot before the boss, using both prolonged potions then waiting till you can use the brawlers potion again, this will help tremendously
    3. drums of fury/war. I was enraging last boss, when i used drums i killed before the last phase, made it very simple
    4. Using flask and food (rune if you want) will help a lot, treat it as raid progression needing all the consumables

If you do that you should be able to handle it, will all the above uses i finished last boss around 870K dps. make sure you take your burst skills as the initial 5500 increase in stats will be your time to knock off a huge portion of health.

Good Luck!
    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I've been quad-potting, time-warping, with flask/rune/food, and still come up about 5mil short. I'm only 873 iLvl (inflated further by 2 legendaries) which is most likely the culprit.