Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    If the OP should check the meaning of the world "unarguably" you might want to check the meaning of the phrase following the word, "in my opinion".
    Not really you might wanna check syntax then since he's not saying the fact that it is his opinion is unarguable, but rather that he believes you can't argue that he was the best. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I may not think he was perfect but I'd vote for him again over our current candidate without flinching.

So to this man and his 8 years of service to this country, for better or worse...

The cookie dunk is one of the nicest "go fuck yourselves" ever.

So well played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I hope Joe Biden runs for President and Obama returns as Vice. The next 4 years[or less], we know will have damage that will be irreparable for most.
    So essentially what Putin did in Russia when he destroyed any chance of their country being a true democracy... Despite disagreeing with Obama on many things, I know he wouldn't erode democracy in such a way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Gay marriage being legalised isn't an achievement, apparently.
    Honestly? No. Not really at all. Supreme Court decided that as well, pal.

The nation will be tuning in tonight to say farewell to President Obama, unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had. He has accomplished so much in the last 8 years and it will be hard to say goodbye to him. I will miss him so much and have zero hopes in his alleged successor.
    No, the nation really wont be. They have more important things to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Landslide? Trump won by what 80k votes in 3 key states, but lost the popular vote by a lot, and the dems picked up seats in the senate and no one expected them to be able out over come the gerrymandering to retake the house
    The popular votes, as its already been clearly established, were garnered in blue states anyway, so it didn't make a difference. Electoral votes > popular. It was a fucking landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    No, the nation really wont be. They have more important things to do.

- - - Updated - - -

The popular votes, as its already been clearly established, were garnered in blue states anyway, so it didn't make a difference. Electoral votes > popular. It was a fucking landslide.
    It's explained to you in the post you quoted exactly how it's not a landslide. Besides that, even if taken in raw EC numbers, no one worth a shit considers it a landslide.

This is the problem with Trump and his Trumpeteers. It's not enough to have just won, it has to be the most fantastic win to have ever fantasticked...so it can keep on fantasticing...

Fucking weird.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    It's explained to you in the post you quoted exactly how it's not a landslide. Besides that, even if taken in raw EC numbers, no one worth a shit considers it a landslide.

This is the problem with Trump and his Trumpeteers. It's not enough to have just won, it has to be the most fantastic win to have ever fantasticked...so it can keep on fantasticing...

Fucking weird.
    It certainly was a landslide. The two coastal shit-holes don't speak for the nation. He won traditionally blue states, the recount showed voter fraud against the bitch, and people are still salty. You want to stick to your single metric of popular votes, i guess you can do that. Doesn't change the outcome, and wont change it in 4 years. I didn't vote for trump, btw. No one worth a shit considers it a landslide? I don't give a blue fuck who does or doesn't. Maybe you would do better to not put so much stock into what other people think.

It certainly was a landslide. The two coastal shit-holes don't speak for the nation. He won traditionally blue states, the recount showed voter fraud against the bitch, and people are still salty. You want to stick to your single metric of popular votes, i guess you can do that. Doesn't change the outcome, and wont change it in 4 years. I didn't vote for trump, btw. No one worth a shit considers it a landslide? I don't give a blue fuck who does or doesn't. Maybe you would do better to not put so much stock into what other people think.
    I referenced the raw EC numbers. I even referenced the person who showed you that the EC numbers were ridiculously close.

I don't put stock in what other people think, as evidenced by your opinion not being worth a shit. What I do put stock in are numbers, common sense, educated consensus, logic and reason.

Maybe you would do better to apply those things to your thought process. Or not, I can't say i give all that much of a shit considering how you've presented it thus far.

I referenced the raw EC numbers. I even referenced the person who showed you that the EC numbers were ridiculously close.

I don't put stock in what other people think, as evidenced by your opinion not being worth a shit. What I do put stock in are numbers, common sense, educated consensus, logic and reason.

Maybe you would do better to apply those things to your thought process. Or not, I can't say i give all that much of a shit considering how you've presented it thus far.
    pssst. It was a landslide. your opinion about it is irrelevant. the coastal states don't speak for anyone but themselves. It's gonna be ok, i know you're still a little raw, but the reality is that things arent going to change much. your day to day life will go on. Turn off the pc and get outside

pssst. It was a landslide. your opinion about it is irrelevant. the coastal states don't speak for anyone but themselves. It's gonna be ok, i know you're still a little raw, but the reality is that things arent going to change much. your day to day life will go on. Turn off the pc and get outside
    Numbers disagree with you. Logic disagrees with you. Reason disagrees with you. Common sense disagrees with you.

Psst. You were, are, and will always be wrong about this very basic thing.

If you play the same game then if you remove 2 of the 3 key battleground states we would be swearing in the first women president. It wasn't a landslide, and saying the 4th or 5th? largest economy in the world as meaningless is pretty telling of your mindset. Also the rhetoric claims voter fraud, actual facts do not. No one is saying Trump didn't win the EC but claiming a landslide is simply dishonest

I hope Joe Biden runs for President and Obama returns as Vice.
    Oh, he's allowed to do that? What if Biden becomes incapacitated, would Obama take over even though he's not allowed a third term?

Numbers disagree with you. Logic disagrees with you. Reason disagrees with you. Common sense disagrees with you.
    And the US voting system, sadly, disagrees with all of the above.

A job well done.
    Thanks Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Oh, he's allowed to do that? What if Biden becomes incapacitated, would Obama take over even though he's not allowed a third term?

And the US voting system, sadly, disagrees with all of the above.
    That doesn't make sense....he's not saying Trump isn't the pres-elect, he's saying it wasn't a landslide, which it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    That doesn't make sense....he's not saying Trump isn't the pres-elect, he's saying it wasn't a landslide, which it wasn't.
    Of course it wasn't a landslide. I meant "numbers, logic and reason - the US voting system disagrees with all of those.

Obama is the best President in memory.

He did a lot. Stimulus and the auto-bailout saved the economy from the financial crisis, created 15M jobs, and brought unemployment down from 10% to 4.7%. He cut taxes on the middle class and raised them on the rich, which has slowed the growth in inequality and caused real median household income to rise substantially for the first time in decades.

He passed the ACA which finally gave healthcare to 20M and growing, brought the uninsured rate to a record low of 10%, preventing people from being denied for pre-existing conditions or running into lifetime caps, and brought healthcare inflation to record lows. These people aren't being left to go broke or die under the old system and he popularized the idea that government should provide healthcare as a right.

On climate change he has reduced emissions, created the Clean Power Plan to cap coal emissions, created fuel efficiency standards, made big investments which has doubled renewable energy, and negotiated the Paris Accords.

He also killed Osama bin Laden.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump ranks 44th out of 54 in electoral votes, which means it was near one of the worst victory margins ever.

Therefore, not a landslide, but you are a sexist moron.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-01-11 at 08:37 AM.

The President who worked (and succeeded) at dividing the country now talking about how we must unite, and the sheeple eat it up. It's politicians like this who are truly terrifying, because despite everything they've done people still love them. That's so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The President who worked (and succeeded) at dividing the country now talking about how we must unite, and the sheeple eat it up. It's politicians like this who are truly terrifying, because despite everything they've done people still love them. That's so scary.
    You mean Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    You mean President-elect.

The nation will be tuning in tonight to say farewell to President Obama, unarguably in my opinion, the best President the US has ever had. He has accomplished so much in the last 8 years and it will be hard to say goodbye to him. I will miss him so much and have zero hopes in his alleged successor.
    What exactly makes Obama the best president?

Is it his multi-trillion dollar budget deficits? Maybe his handling of Libya? Or Syria? Perhaps his multi-billion arms sales to the Saudis used to drop bombs on Yemeni civilians?

Perhaps it's just you regurgitate what the sycophantic media tells you about Obama without knowing any better?

Good riddance. Obama was the worst fucking piece of shit President ever. He fucking sucked.
    PROUD TO BE CALLED A CONSPIRACY THEORIST