10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds nice, a good bye to the Georgia Dome, either the last or second-to-last game there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    snip
    Are they rediculously expensive tickets? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeke got in a car wreck this morning. Minor and no injuries, but still...

*covers Zeke in bubble wrap*

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Panthers DC McDermott is the favourite to land the Bills HC job, and it seems Vance Joseph, the Dolphins DC, has remained in Denver and is back at the Broncos facility. You would assume that's not cause he wanted to hang out.

Might see some hires today if this holds true, and it will probably mean that other teams start moving too, if coaches they had their eye on leave the market and/or they feel that they need to get a move on if they want to get their guy.

One of the complicating factors is Mike McCoy. Seems several teams want him as their OC, and of course can't name your OC without naming your HC first, so teams getting their HC candidate signed will have a leg up on teams that do not yet.

Bills are one of the teams interested in McCoy, so they might move on him quickly if they do sign McDermott.

- - - Updated - - -

Sean McVay (Washington OC) is having a second meeting with the Rams, so it seems they have their sights set as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Looks like Panthers DC McDermott is the favourite to land the Bills HC job, and it seems Vance Joseph, the Dolphins DC, has remained in Denver and is back at the Broncos facility. You would assume that's not cause he wanted to hang out.
    The Vance Joseph thing is basically Where's Waldo at this point. Different people have been reporting different things since the interview ended yesterday. They were extremely high on him, and was actually the 1st choice for d-coordinator when Kubiak was hired. It is impossible to say, if he is the choice, how it will go. A lot of fans don't want him because the Dolphins defense wasn't good. They don't know what a head coach actually does though. Same reason a lot want Shanahan (well other than he is a Shanahan), they think the will fix the offense.

I'm far more interested in who would be on the coaching staff than the actual HC hire, and if the HC lets his coaches work with their sides of the ball and just does HC things though. Joe Woods as d-coordinator (current DB coach, the players seem to all really like him, not just the DBs), and Musgrave as OC are coming up a lot if Joseph is the hire. I would be all for that if Musgrave bring Tice with him since Denver has not had a non garbage o-line coach since Alex Gibbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like Vance Joseph has been hired, just not official yet. Hopefully he picks a good staff, but at least it isn't Shanahan trying to be both the OC and HC at the same time.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-01-11 at 07:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, seems like Vance Joseph at the Broncos on a 4 year deal. Will be very interesting what he does with his staff, cause some of those coaches were highly regarded.

If Wade Philips isn't retained he's probably a VERY hot name as a DC (technically he's free already to sign should he want to, cause his contract wasn't extended). Weird thing is I heard him linked to the Rams, a team that doesn't run a 3-4. Not sure how that would be supposed to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, officially official now. https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/819268615564382215

- - - Updated - - -

"Dominoes… LBs coach Matt Burke becomes #Dolphins DC. Joe Woods likely becomes #Broncos DC. Mike McCoy a strong candidate for DEN OC." https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/819269509840273408

No mention of Wade Phillips. After the job he did with that defense the past 2 years, you have to kind of wonder who he pissed off and why Denver seems so casual about moving on from him.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yep, seems like Vance Joseph at the Broncos on a 4 year deal. Will be very interesting what he does with his staff, cause some of those coaches were highly regarded.

If Wade Philips isn't retained he's probably a VERY hot name as a DC (technically he's free already to sign should he want to, cause his contract wasn't extended). Weird thing is I heard him linked to the Rams, a team that doesn't run a 3-4. Not sure how that would be supposed to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, officially official now. https://twitter.com/johnelway/status/819268615564382215
    Yup, I am expecting Joe Woods to be he d-coordinator. The players all really like him from what I have seen, and it makes sense for Elway to want to go younger on the coaching staff. Wade might not coach another 3-4 years. Just about anything would be an upgrade over Dennison/Knapp/Barone, so I guess I don't mind

Not sure Wade would be a good fit in LA. His defense requires good players to work, especially in the secondary. Not sure if any other team put their corners 1 on 1 with 0 help as much as Denver did the last 2 years. It also doesn't work at all when playing from behind because it is susceptible to being run on, and their offense is horrific.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean McDermott is the next head coach of the Bills.

I don't know the name, but I just hope they keep Tyrod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

Panthers DC

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers got their relocation deadline extended, but only because the NFL didn't want them to announce anything on a Sunday or a holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    So:

Jaguars: Doug Marone (Former Bills HC and was Jags ass. HC and Offensive line coach this year)

Broncos: Vance Joseph (Former Dolphins DC)

Bills: Seam McDerrmott (Former Panthers DC)

Still open:

Chargers

Rams

49'ers (both GM and HC)

I can kind of see the logic going on here.

Rams job is hard cause of lack of talent and a forced upon QB that is crippling the franchise due to the draftpicks given up. Likely that a front office sweep comes in the near future as well, given the front office's lack of success in the draft.

Chargers job is hard cause no one has a fucking clue where the franchise is even going to be located in 2 years.

49'ers have hired and fired approximately a half billion coaches in the past 3 years and are just completely cleaning house it seems. Rebuild from the ground up, which may be enticing to some coaches and not at all to others.

Going to be interesting what these 3 teams will do now the more enticing candidates are gone. McDaniels is being linked to the 49'ers job still, but I have a shrewd suspicion his decision would depend on the GM they hire.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really thinking McDaniels might be coming back next year. Those are dumpster fires, sorry to any fans of those teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rams still is the most lucrative of the three even given that they are fucked as far as draft picks go for 3 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Rams still is the most lucrative of the three even given that they are fucked as far as draft picks go for 3 years.
    Nah. Rams are screwed, 49'ers are rebuilding the next 3 years, I'd pick the Chargers, even if it means I might be in LA or I might be in a crappy stadium till who knows when. Chargers have talent on both sides of the ball, good talent evaluators, full compliment of draft picks. I can see why a coach would prefer the rebuild in Sa Fran if they felt they wanted to build their own team with their own guys, instead of making an existing group work with their schemes, but I can;t imagine they'd ever pick the Rams first.

Bold prediction: Rams will be the last to pick up their HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

I'm not sold on Tyrod. Maybe in year 3 he can learn to throw over the middle or with anticipation.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit: Chargers apparently planning to go to LA, may be announced as soon as Thursday.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...76593734946816

- - - Updated - - -

So much for that Hail Mary plan, or the fact they wouldn't move cause they didn't even have anyone attend today's meeting.

Chargers issue the last 2 years has been half their team ending up on IR. They have a lot of pieces, but if a HC doesn't want to deal with relocation it might be a hard sell.

Jed York might end up having to be the HC and GM himself with the rate he has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    I'm really thinking McDaniels might be coming back next year. Those are dumpster fires, sorry to any fans of those teams.
    Well last time he was a HC he created a dumpster fire, so maybe he can fix one after understanding how to create one?

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ha yeah, McDaniels as a HC was pretty bad. Granted Bill O'Brien might be the most successful coach under the Belichick tree, and he's been decent at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chargers getting things announced quickly so they can get in on the coaching hunt. No surprises there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the chargers playing on a high school football field in LA was a joke, but it seems to be a reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of coaching jobs, it looks like the Raiders are keeping Ken Norton jr for reasons unknown, however Bill Musgrave looks to be heading out, his contract expires and there's a lot of talk of him being snapped up for a college HC job.

Looks like the promoting will be in house as the QB coach Todd Downing is favoured to take the OC spot.

Also defensive backs coach Marcus Robertson got fired, no word yet on his replacement.