Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not sure you know what attempted murder is.
    Hyperbole, you get the point though. Most robbers use their weapons for intimidation and don't actually have the intention to use them, but there's no reason to take the chance when you have a "safer" solution (killing them guarantees they won't be able to use their weapon on you).

As for the stray shots, they are just a reality (just look at how many cops spray everywhere during a confrontation/shootout).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Actually that's a valid point, and tbh, as long as nobody was hurt, he probably has insurance coverage on the guns. But yeah, in broad daylight - You better be packing some serious heat/plated armor/etc
    Plus, breaking and entering will get you a lot less time than attempted murder/assault with a deadly weapon. But crooks usually aren't smart.

Most criminals are smart enough to wait until they're closed for the night...
    like this guy:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Not sure you know what attempted murder is.
    The would be robbers shot at the folks inside, seems like attempted murder to me, no such thing as warning shots.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

It makes you wonder if they really wanted some kind of suicide by the store owner.

Deleted
    Honestly the store owner should have just put up a sign saying "GUN FREE ZONE", then all of this could have been prevented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Darwin is still doing his job.

Edit: And auto correct is also still an ass.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2017-01-12 at 04:49 AM.

Deleted
    Not sure why Americans still support guns after watching the video - 2 people dead instead of letting them just do what they want. After that the police will to their job and the guys will get arrested for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Not sure why Americans still support guns after watching the video - 2 people dead instead of letting them just do what they want. After that the police will to their job and the guys will get arrested for a long time.
    This might be difficult for you to understand, but many Americans aren't turned on at the thought of being a helpless victim.
    They wouldn't be dead if they didn't decide to commit a crime, but what do I know?

I think the video was awesome and demonstrates why legal carry is a good thing

7+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me you're trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you don't see, is 5 min after the footage, he runs after John Connor.

https://youtu.be/BIPCn-aYMoM
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Ahh here it is. You obviously have watched too many movies where the bad guys never get away. There isn't really a reliable way to stop people from running away with your money and stuff without stopping them at the scene. Also should the police show up and meet resistance, they will respond by shooting and killing the alleged criminals, which is no different than what happened here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Ahh here it is. You obviously have watched too many movies where the bad guys never get away. There isn't really a reliable way to stop people from running away with your money and stuff without stopping them at the scene. Also should the police show up and meet resistance, they will respond by shooting and killing the alleged criminals, which is no different than what happened here.
    Only because everyone is wielding guns to begin with, in said situation. I guess it's kinda hard to fathom that the rest of the world isn't gun maniacs, but you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    This might be difficult for you to understand, but many Americans aren't turned on at the thought of being a helpless victim.
    They wouldn't be dead if they didn't decide to commit a crime, but what do I know?

You like the possibility of innocent pedestrians getting shot?

You are straight up, warranting, the endangerment, of innocent, bypassing people?

Turns out, you don't know much.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Only because everyone is wielding guns to begin with, in said situation. I guess it's kinda hard to fathom that the rest of the world isn't gun maniacs, but you know.
    And how are the police going to respond to someone with a knife or other weapon? Theres lethal force coming at some point when the criminals attempt to resist an authority figure, I think its better they meet one at the scene of the crime before they have a chance to get away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or these two people would sell grabbed guns to more people who will use them to kill even more other people. You know, better stop at killing 2 people than supporting black market
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

You like the possibility of innocent pedestrians getting shot?

You are straight up, warranting, the endangerment, of innocent, bypassing people?

Turns out, you don't know much.
    I'll bite the argument, but what reasonable alternative do you propose that would decrease the endangerment to bystanders?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It really doesn't demonstrates that. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    I'll bite the argument, but what reasonable alternative do you propose that would decrease the endangerment to bystanders?
    Bullet proof glass in the store front?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an advocate of strict firearms regulation and if you draw a gun on people to commit a crime, then tough shit if you get shot.

Whilst Bo and Luke never caused no harm, uncle Jesse ain't gonna be waiting for Roscoe to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Bullet proof glass in the store front?
    Well that would work directly to prevent bullets from penetrating the window but I'd argue its unreasonable because of the expense to the store, as well as the fact that you could generally count on those who own the store to be able to aim well enough and have good enough gun discipline to hit someone else.