Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Do I need to level my followers for the Class campaign

Hello fellow players.

I have leveled all my followers on my main (warlock) to 110, and I remember having to send them on missions for the Class campaign.
    I don't want to level my followers on my alts though (warrior and druid), I don't really like this aspect of the game, but I still want to finish the Class campaigns.

Do you know if I have to level any follower at all for the warrior and druid Class campaigns (or for any class campaign)?

For the Horde!
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Leveling followers takes no time this expansion, its not like garrison followers. some already come pretty high leveled and you can just assign some as bodyguard and that will level them passively.. You need to complete total of like 12 missions for the campaign they range from lvl100 and 110 missions if I remember right but they might have lowered the cap a bit

You don't need to level them up. The followers you get before those mission farming quest in the campaign progression are usually enough for the missions.

If you plan to passively gain benefits from those Alta you do need to both level them up and gear them up. Set of maxed out followers brings around 3-4 times more AP then the one you haven't bothered with. Unless the rewards scale with ilvl, then I'm completely wrong.

At AK 25 a maxed set of champions brings in around 160k AP per mission, which does add up over time quite nicely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys.
    I have stopped leveling my dudes at 110, I know I miss on AP, but I really dislike the facebook style of having to log in regularly (dislike dailies as well).
    Good to know I can still finish the campaign, this is the best part of Legion!
    Vanilla player since day 1 Europe.
    I think everything should be account-wide.
    Cross-faction grouping for dungeons and raids should be a thing.

Deleted
    I just use the companion app when I'mat work to level them to 108 ish, that is normally enough to finish the campaign quests, after that I just ignore them.

Benefits of being a casual I suppose

Deleted
    In patch 7.2 new quests will appear in our class halls and those propably will award class mounts and new artifact skin. What if there will be missions to do where our followers must be max geared to do them ? I dont know, its just speculation. Better to do it now or we will suffer later because of this.

I dont know about you guys, but i want all those new tasty class mounts and skins :P Already working on last 3 classes, the rest is 110 already.
    Last edited by mmoc4f56bb363f; 2017-01-12 at 10:51 AM.

Well, you don't really have to level them, but you have to complete several 108+ missions for your order hall campaign. If you have not leveled them at all, you might only be able to reach 50-60% chances on those missions.

Deleted
    You only have to level them a little, so you can get a 100% chance in the mandatory class hall missions for finishing the campaign.
    Other than that, if you do not care about the gold, AP, mounts, pets, runes, etc missions, you can completely ignore your followers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rambo123 View Post
    Better to do it now or we will suffer later because of this.
    Not really, it takes zero work to level/equip them, it just takes time (about two months) for them to reach purple status and 850 ilevel, but it is less than 1 minute per day work.

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    I really dislike the facebook style of having to log in regularly
    You really don't.

Download the Legion App. Not leveling and not using your followers is a major advantage towards your ability where you aren't able to log in regularly.
    I play maybe 2 times a week for a short amount of time. Yet I have capped 2 artifacts on 35. And my third offspec is at 24. Apart from that you get a lot of other good stuff from the "command table". But as you said, I don't want to log in. So the app works wonders. Just do it and thank me later.

Deleted
    I truly wish that I were like you, TC. After finishing the Campaigns I have to level everyone to epic and give them 850 gear.

It's funny because I never had this issue in Warlords; I had two maxed out Garrisons (one for each faction) that I maxed out in term of achievements and gold farming and what not, but all my alts never even got to tier 3. Now? Something inside me telling me that I must treat the characters like the lore figures they are.

Fucking RP nerds life I swear. -.- *points at self*
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2017-01-12 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    Hello fellow players.

I have leveled all my followers on my main (warlock) to 110, and I remember having to send them on missions for the Class campaign.
    I don't want to level my followers on my alts though (warrior and druid), I don't really like this aspect of the game, but I still want to finish the Class campaigns.

Do you know if I have to level any follower at all for the warrior and druid Class campaigns (or for any class campaign)?

For the Horde!
    get mobile app will solve all problems with class halls - with it you dont have to visit it nearly at all. (just for weekly chest and finishing of certain class hall traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The more you level and equip them the better the gold missions get. My alts with low 110 followers get missions of 130g as opposed to my main who gets missions of 1K+
    Yeah, exactly. 130 with no bonus vs the 900g quests with 180-200% bonus of even MORE gold... and then the AP... sheeeeit, take on the resource or gold equipment to your bodyguard and your class hall is more profitable than garrisons (IF and only IF you play that toon, since we can't passively or mission gain resources like in WoD).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, exactly. 130 with no bonus vs the 900g quests with 180-200% bonus of even MORE gold... and then the AP... sheeeeit, take on the resource or gold equipment to your bodyguard and your class hall is more profitable than garrisons (IF and only IF you play that toon, since we can't passively or mission gain resources like in WoD).
    Well, even without, your main is probably swimming in Blood of Sargeras.

I just send Order Caches to my alts that I just level to 110 and almost ignore after doing the Campaign on for story.

I just flip missions as I'm going through the order hall for other things.

There are occasional (rare) missions where the bonus reward is a Seal of Broken Fate, so those alone make it worth having competent order hall champions.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    You really don't.
    But I'll miss out on all those missions that give me armor.. even though my champions have been iLvl capped months ago... /s

Yeah missions are pretty useless (which is a good thing imo). I only care about that mission that gives me an extra bonus roll, otherwise I just do AP/Gold missions if they are available (and if I can be bothered).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    (IF and only IF you play that toon, since we can't passively or mission gain resources like in WoD).
    Yes, BUT, this week has procced the 5k resource mission if you do 20 world quests, so i took my warlock alt, did those 20 WQ cherrypicking them, for getting the 3 caches, choosing the ones that gave resources, etc.
    I was lucky with the caches, each 3 of them gave me resources, so in like 1 hour or 1 hour and a half, i got 13k resources.
    That is more than enough for 1 month (more like 6 weeks) of gold missions.
    So although it is true that we can not gain resources passively, with little effort (once the setup is done), it is still possible to do tons of gold with alts and class halls gold missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Yes, BUT, this week has procced the 5k resource mission if you do 20 world quests, so i took my warlock alt, did those 20 WQ cherrypicking them, for getting the 3 caches, choosing the ones that gave resources, etc.
    I was lucky with the caches, each 3 of them gave me resources, so in like 1 hour or 1 hour and a half, i got 13k resources.
    That is more than enough for 1 month (more like 6 weeks) of gold missions.
    So although it is true that we can not gain resources passively, with little effort (once the setup is done), it is still possible to do tons of gold with alts and class halls gold missions.
    Ha, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

In short, yes, there are several class hall missions required for every class for their story. Many of them happen once you hit 110 and have finished all missions up to that point and require 110 followers. High likelihood of failure if you don't level them up. Just use the companion app and send them out on a mission or two each day while you're leveling up, or alternatively you could send them out on missions when you're back in your class hall doing class hall stuff anyway.

It's not hard. Especially if you focus on doing them with the followers you get that are already closer to 110.

You should level them for a few reasons

1. It's effortless
    2. You can make a ton of gold sending them on missions
    3. You can pick up quests for dungeons from itbthat sometimes have good rewards