Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    After Pokken outselling street fighter is there any doubt Tekken 7 is coming to the switch?

Shit just thinking of the ability to take your machine anywhere means the #THUGGERY at evo will reach pre censor levels again, hotel money matches are back!
    Pokken didn't out sell SFV. I think the correct buzzwords you're looking for is "Pokken outsold street fighter on one weekend in Japan" because that's where that bs came from. Pokken isn't even north of 1 mil and SFV is over 2 mil shipped.

Also I don't doubt Tekken 7 will come to switch, because Namco likes wasting money on Nintendo products early. No one is going to buy Tekken 7 on the Switch, or the Xbox One for that matter. With no cross platform play every version but the PS4 will be dead in a month.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-01-12 at 12:50 AM.

Lego City Undercover Trailer for Ps4,XB1,Steam and Nintendo Switch.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If they make a Pokemon announcement I'm pretty much all in on pre-ordering it right there.

Thanks for the info btw :3
    /sigh but that will be the same fanboys that defended the WiiU till Nitendo came up with the Switch....

Nitendo needs to broaden it's partners so it includes mainstream games that are also released on the PS4, Xbone and PC, you can talk all you want about games like Pokemon, mario and Zelda but the WiiU proved that those games just aren't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Nitendo needs to broaden it's partners so it includes mainstream games that are also released on the PS4, Xbone and PC, you can talk all you want about games like Pokemon, mario and Zelda but the WiiU proved that those games just aren't enough.
    And yet they where more then enough for the Wii and DS/3DS family. Yes 3rd party games (outside of normal Nintendo 3rd party games) would be helpful. But Nintendo can and will do fine without them if it doesn't get any.

Another thing is The Switch is Nintendo combining both there Console and Handheld markets. That alone will keep it swimming in first and 2nd party titles as long as they do it right.

Also what Fanboy's are you even talking about because I have never seen anyone defend the Wii-U. Lack of 3rd party games wasn't the death nail for the Wii-U. Price and marketing on top of lacking games at all was. For years and even to this day there is people who think it was a Wii addon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

/sigh but that will be the same fanboys that defended the WiiU till Nitendo came up with the Switch....

Not really, the Wii U was a bomb because of branding. Parents would say "but billy you already have a Wii you dont need another" and so many people seemed to think it was a Wii add on like the 32X at launch for reasons i can't fathom but it sold like shit because of its brand and advertising not its games.

Look at the Gamecube, it had almost all the same 3rd party games the PS2 and Xbox had for the first few years but its first party releases were the least popular in almost every ip's history. Nintendo can absolutely coast on its 1st party games. It just needs to make sure people actually buy the hardware to pick up the software.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And yet they where more then enough for the Wii and DS/3DS family.
    Come on, it was much more than that. Wii fit and Wii sports probably sold as many consoles as those games, I know for a fact that we bought a wii for the wii fit.

It wasn't enough the N64, it wasn't enough for the gamecube and it wasn't enough for the Wii U.

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo can absolutely coast on its 1st party games. It just needs to make sure people actually buy the hardware to pick up the software.
    Good luck with that.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-01-12 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And yet they where more then enough for the Wii and DS/3DS family. Yes 3rd party games (outside of normal Nintendo 3rd party games) would be helpful. But Nintendo can and will do fine without them if it doesn't get any.

Another thing is The Switch is Nintendo combining both there Console and Handheld markets. That alone will keep it swimming in first and 2nd party titles as long as they do it right.

Also what Fanboy's are you even talking about because I have never seen anyone defend the Wii-U. Lack of 3rd party games wasn't the death nail for the Wii-U. Price and marketing on top of lacking games at all was. For years and even to this day there is people who think it was a Wii addon.
    Sounds like the same way of thinking that made Nintendo arrogant enough to think they could ''ride the wave'' that they assumed the Wii created. The standard defence was in regards to the general direction of Nintendo has always been the same even now

''Nintendo doesn't need 3e party because they have great games of their own and they focus on game-play'', this is the exact same answer fanboys are given now ''oh we don't need games from XYZ because we have Zelda''.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, the Wii U was a bomb because of branding. Parents would say "but billy you already have a Wii you dont need another" and so many people seemed to think it was a Wii add on like the 32X at launch for reasons i can't fathom but it sold like shit because of its brand and advertising not its games.

Look at the Gamecube, it had almost all the same 3rd party games the PS2 and Xbox had for the first few years but its first party releases were the least popular in almost every ip's history. Nintendo can absolutely coast on its 1st party games. It just needs to make sure people actually buy the hardware to pick up the software.
    You know how sad that excuses sounds? Blame it on marketing really? I mean Microsoft and Sony have been doing the same since the start.

Just look beyond the fanboy talk and accept that at least to some degree people like playing Mass Effect, Witcher and Call of Duty/Battlefield (never played these shooters myself)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the same way of thinking that made Nintendo arrogant enough to think they could ''ride the wave'' that they assumed the Wii created. The standard defence was in regards to the general direction of Nintendo has always been the same even now

''Nintendo doesn't need 3e party because they have great games of their own and they focus on game-play'', this is the exact same answer fanboys are given now ''oh we don't need games from XYZ because we have Zelda''.

- - - Updated - - -

You know how sad that excuses sounds? Blame it on marketing really? I mean Microsoft and Sony have been doing the same since the start.

Just look beyond the fanboy talk and accept that at least to some degree people like playing Mass Effect, Witcher and Call of Duty/Battlefield (never played these shooters myself)
    If my kids wanted a Wii u and I'd said you already have one and they didn't immediately correct me I've raised terrible, stupid children.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo has been ignoring the needs of third party developers and coasting on first party IPs since the N64. They're not going to change that with the Switch, which certainly won't have hardware parity with the PS4 or XB1 given its form factor, price point, and the fact that it won't be sold at a loss.

The Switch will succeed because it's basically a handheld and nobody is really competing for that market presently, because they'll skimp on hardware so it can be profitable out of the gate, and because it'll have Nintendo games.

They're probably going to under-ship it to create artificial scarcity and boost demand, too. Nintendo's playbook is pretty transparent these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Nintendo has been ignoring the needs of third party developers and coasting on first party IPs since the N64. They're not going to change that with the Switch, which certainly won't have hardware parity with the PS4 or XB1 given its form factor, price point, and the fact that it won't be sold at a loss.

The Switch will succeed because it's basically a handheld and nobody is really competing for that market presently, because they'll skimp on hardware so it can be profitable out of the gate, and because it'll have Nintendo games.

They're probably going to under-ship it to create artificial scarcity and boost demand, too. Nintendo's playbook is pretty transparent these days.
    Yah, pretty much this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Gonna have a few friends come with me, big bodybuilders, no chance of getting jumped haha
    Who the fuck gets jumped for a console in a crowd of nerds?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You would be surprised, hardware launches make people crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Happened before, it happens here in ireland all the time, especially in places like Dublin, Waterford, Cork & Limerick.
    Oh god, the Irish.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

My body is ready...

Can't wait for the announcement tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Believe it or not it happens.

what the hell is with all the seizure lights my god
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Less than 15 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    what the hell is with all the seizure lights my god
    Helps weed out the weaklings. /nod