Deleted
    Started to play last weekend and Im lvl 20½ atm. The combat is pretty damn fun so far but there is still loads of stuff I havent done.

Like jumped in the dungeon queue for about 4h but never got it. Havent tried any professions yet and havent entered my building place yet. Though my goal for the game is just to do some end dungeons / raids atleast once and if thats fun I might stay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Started to play last weekend and Im lvl 20½ atm. The combat is pretty damn fun so far but there is still loads of stuff I havent done.

Like jumped in the dungeon queue for about 4h but never got it. Havent tried any professions yet and havent entered my building place yet. Though my goal for the game is just to do some end dungeons / raids atleast once and if thats fun I might stay.
    It's a crying shame most new players won't queue

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    They do...there just aren't many of them. Read plenty of gripes in zone chat about queues not popping when on my lowbie engineer over the holiday break, for example.

How much of that is related to the issues with LFG (not fully aware of what they all are, but heard it's not really working properly), who knows. But it's absolutely due in large part to the fact that there simply aren't enough players playing the game. Lowbie queues are always an issue in MMO's, even those with pretty large populations.

Not just that though. Queues have been broken for a while and it's common knowledge they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not just that though. Queues have been broken for a while and it's common knowledge they have.
    The content finder has been broken since multique was introduced in Heroes Evolved, its damn annoying at this point. I get they were focusing all efforts on PotPM, but comon now.

On that note.

My issues are:
    Primal Essence is meant to take a while to get, but its making AP look like the easiest thing in the universe, and considering there are way more talents, they need to balance it a little better.

Final Boss of Coldblood Citadel last boss room is HUGE, like 40 man raid huge. It needs to be smaller because dodging telegraphs is pretty easy when the fight only utilizes like 20% of that space.

Prime dungeons do not reward more Essence based on level, huge oversight imo.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The content finder has been broken since multique was introduced in Heroes Evolved, its damn annoying at this point. I get they were focusing all efforts on PotPM, but comon now.

On that note.

My issues are:
    Primal Essence is meant to take a while to get, but its making AP look like the easiest thing in the universe, and considering there are way more talents, they need to balance it a little better.

Final Boss of Coldblood Citadel last boss room is HUGE, like 40 man raid huge. It needs to be smaller because dodging telegraphs is pretty easy when the fight only utilizes like 20% of that space.

Prime dungeons do not reward more Essence based on level, huge oversight imo.
    Primal Essence is supposed to last a loooooong time, so it taking forever for just nodes makes since, its not meant to last a few months like the current AP system.

Prime dungeons give amazing gear though, so people will still actively do them all the time. Especially with Titanforged coming soon.

Coldblood citadel was amazing, all I can say there!
    WILDSTAR, The best f2p themepark mmorpg! Play today! http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/freetoplay/
    Come join me and thousands of others

Prime dungeons are basically Wildstars take on the Mythic + system. Which I like. I like dungeons that stay relevant by making them more challenging. Sure I don't see high Mythic + on WoW for example but for other people it's a brilliant system.

Systems like these offer alternative paths to progression for those who don't just want to raid or have no interest in it. Hence why I believe the system is brilliant.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Lowbie queues are always an issue in MMO's, even those with pretty large populations.
    Well....not in all mmos, but most. WoW and Swtor are the only ones I can do lowbie dungeons fairly easily in.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well....not in all mmos, but most. WoW and Swtor are the only ones I can do lowbie dungeons fairly easily in.
    I cant in WoW as a dps unless I get to outland+ areas. 1-58 I never find ques

Hopefully Essences make groups in wildstar low lvl content easier to find
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm on the most populated RP sever in the game, so even as a dps all queues are 30m or less. But yes, I'm hoping that a combination of the essences and scaling content makes the content finders populated with what little people we have left. All of the other MMOs thrive on having open world content that keeps coming out in lieu of group content. I mean even the smallest scale like LotRO up to the bigger scale of GW2 or TESO focus on providing more zones, more story, because dungeons are hard to get done in any game that isn't wow.

Wildstar dungeons are super fun and I really miss the days you could queue for anything. It only lasted maybe 6 months, but it was a great time.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Wildstar dungeons are super fun and I really miss the days you could queue for anything. It only lasted maybe 6 months, but it was a great time.
    I've done 2 vets thus far; the one that starts in the colisem and protostar games (multiple times,... randomly asigned)... and it consisted of:
    - 1 minute of trash
    - 5 minutes of running around skipping trash
    - some wall-humping to skip even more trash
    - 3 short n' easy boss fights

Not exactly my definition of "super fun" when it comes down to dungeons

The protostar games was nice; i liked the idea and so on...
    but it was basically a few bosses with 1 mechanic each and then the last one with 2-3 mechanics

In my experience it only takes about 10 minutes to get into a run as DPS... sometimes it takes longer getting into one as tank actually... (lvled last trough dungeons in late WoD)
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-01-12 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    but it was basically a few bosses with 1 mechanic each and then the last one with 2-3 mechanics
    Stormtalon's Lair around the 2:15 and 14:10 marks.
    KV around 21:30.

Now I've been one to frequently say that Wildstar dungeons aren't some radical overhaul and blast say, WoW or GW2 dungeons out of the water. But fair is fair and Wildstar's content is a bit snappier and more engaging in that aspect, simply because of how the movement and combat system works. It makes the telegraphs a bit more dynamic on average and also requires a bit more group coordination in terms of placement and interrupts.

To me it's not 'harder', but it's definitely a different riff on that type of PvE design. All dungeons aren't created equal, but you said you did the coliseum which is the second video I linked...so idk. For a healer, there is definitely a large difference between other games b/c you are required to do a lot more on top of healing. In WoW I am smashing my space bar to jump up and down b/c I don't do much of anything. Mythic dungeons helped with that, because dear god I have to be focusing like whoa to get through those...but I don't have to do much personally other than heal and try and not die.

Again, not saying either are better or even radically different, but that it's just as engaging with a different feel which makes it fun.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Prime dungeons are basically Wildstars take on the Mythic + system. Which I like. I like dungeons that stay relevant by making them more challenging. Sure I don't see high Mythic + on WoW for example but for other people it's a brilliant system.

Systems like these offer alternative paths to progression for those who don't just want to raid or have no interest in it. Hence why I believe the system is brilliant.
    Mythic+ system is WoW's take on GW2 Fractals.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Mythic+ system is WoW's take on GW2 Fractals.
    Exactly. Each game has taken features from another and made it their own. To be honest I totally forgot about Fractals because I haven't logged in for ages. Remember one of them that really used to piss me off and oddly it wasn't the underwater one. But alas I'm getting off topic. I appreciate any system that attempts to offer alternative progression towards PvE than just raids.

Deleted
    I'm just sad the new scaling doesn't affect lowlvl pvp. Pvp in Wildstar is fun, and a shame new players need to wait to 50 to be able to try it out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I'm just sad the new scaling doesn't affect lowlvl pvp. Pvp in Wildstar is fun, and a shame new players need to wait to 50 to be able to try it out
    With luck they are working on some sort of 10 to 50 scaling, because after the patch...that will be the only thing selling the game short

Get a rundown on the new expedition!

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...rom-the-ether/
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    We're taking a deeper look at the Primal Matrix this Friday @ 2pm PST on https://www.twitch.tv/WildStar*!

Think chat will be on fire for this one, lot of unhappy raiders ATM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're taking a deeper look at the Primal Matrix this Friday @ 2pm PST on https://www.twitch.tv/WildStar*!
    Are you finally admitting you are affiliated with Carbine?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Stream was pretty good, people were expecting a full QnA when it was never meant to be that...

Caydiem says next week is probable for the next ptr build, and they have had many talks already about community feedback on primal dungeons and the matrix.
    Diablo Bore.