Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Nice blog post.

The usual quality feedback of "it sucks now".

Also, its "trash", not "thrash".
    Well, OPs username is "noobie"

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    That's the problem, the overall feedback to those cases (MM and Enhancer) were, that NOTHING should of changed. The specs were fine fun wise, MM had a bit too much AoE but that could have been fixed by numbers. But nope, Blizz decided to completely change the way the are playing and thus making me sad. The problem is: I got so unlucky I literally play the 2 classes Blizz fucked up royally. That's why I implied pretty much nobody will sympathy with me. What are the chances someone else loves MM and Enh at the same time while also not having a 3rd option if those 2 suck now. Pretty slim.
    you are in an incorrect view tunnel, so you dont understand, that monks, locks, mages (those who built everything on fire), warriors and so on, are in the same boat as you. blizzard literally fucked up 70% of the classes. look at all the 7.1.5 doom posts since weeks. everywhere. so, there is a very good chance, to have 2 fucked up classes.

or in short: you are nothing special. you are not alone! i assure you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What changes do you think would make those classes feel better to play?
    for MM? removing the spec would be an improvement on the shit playstyle of that spec this expansion.
    dragonmaw - EU

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem, the overall feedback to those cases (MM and Enhancer) were, that NOTHING should of changed.
    Just because you didn't see anything wrong with the classes, that doesn't mean that they were perfect. I'm sure the devs have their reasons for why they made changes and I'm sorry you don't like the changes but you still haven't stated what changes you think would make those classes feel better.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I like Enh now, not much changes to it, just need adjustments cuz i dropped wrists, but that is all, hot hand build is now viable i think? I must test this for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    monks, locks, mages (those who built everything on fire), warriors and so on, are in the same boat as you. blizzard literally fucked up 70% of the classes.
    Yep, they messed with a bunch of core class mechanics that have a huge impact on the flavor of the class. I main a fire mage and was really loving the high burst and aoe of fire. I raid heroic/ mythic, and was able to compete top 5 on almost every fight while maxing meters on ape heavy fights. I wasn't top dps st, but at least I was pretty close and the burst was fun, and I was mobil as hell.

Now I have to sacrifice aoe for constant, relatively low, dps. The burst phase of the class has been heavily gutted, I'm much less mobile, and seem to be under performing compared to most other classes. I came back to legion because fire mage was really fun...but now it's not...

The keywords you are looking for are "clunky" and "spammy". Also: Huge balance patches should not be done in the middle of the expansion as it can (and will) piss off ppl. This is my feedback to the patch. But since you focus on my grammar: I am no native english speaker, wanna teach me everything and waste your time on me? Go ahead.
    clunky and spammy are subjective though what you might find to be like that someone way really enjoy, and balance patches will always piss someone off no matter when they are released.

It's become painfully obvious the current team just isn't capable of balancing all of the current classes, or making them all interesting to play. It doesn't help that one of the main guys, Celestalon doesn't even play the game with a mouse.

The MM hunter changes were the final straw that made me unsub, such huge changes mid expansion have made it clear they don't know what they are doing with it. Since alpha Hunters have been pointing out the issues, for the entire PTR cycle people pointed out the issues, yet they ignored the feedback and just threw shit at the wall hoping it sticks.

Frankly they'd be better placed to hire some of the top theorycrafters and writers for each class, and fire the clowns currently in charge of it

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    You need to relax dude. My statement stands that you're just complaining about nothing at this stage as nothing is going to happen, these aren't official forums, Blizzard won't take anything here as feedback.
    I get so sick of hearing this excuse any time someone doesn't like what's being said. It's not feedback? Blizzard doesn't read these forums?

Who cares? It's a discussion from members of the community, and that WILL percolate back to Blizzard at some point if the problem is large enough. Shutting up and letting Blizzard do whatever they want without complaint is a surefire way to end up with a bad game that only exists to milk players for money. We're halfway there already.

I'll never understand why people are so ready to leap to the defense of Blizzard, even when they're clearly in the wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I get so sick of hearing this excuse any time someone doesn't like what's being said. It's not feedback? Blizzard doesn't read these forums?

Who cares? It's a discussion from members of the community, and that WILL percolate back to Blizzard at some point if the problem is large enough. Shutting up and letting Blizzard do whatever they want without complaint is a surefire way to end up with a bad game that only exists to milk players for money. We're halfway there already.

I'll never understand why people are so ready to leap to the defense of Blizzard, even when they're clearly in the wrong.
    It's feedback obviously, but if you're looking for legitimate change this isn't the place to post. The official forums are moderated by blues, who are Blizzard employees. The feedback there goes straight to the source, if you have legitimate changes you want to be seen don't complain here. Go pitch ACTUAL ideas to Blizzard themselves. This is more of a therapy for people who aren't happy with the changes.

I post tons of legitimate stuff I want to see changed for both Overwatch and Diablo 3 on the official forums constantly and have had pretty good responses from the moderators there in the past. I'm just really happy with how WoW is for the first time in years now.

I'm not jumping to Blizzards defence. I personally really like the changes, so in my eyes they're far from wrong. So far on both my Hunter / Mage/ Disc I'm enjoying the 7.1.5 changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Two of my guild's main hunters (one I know for sure is MM) absolutely love the changes, or at least don't mind them. So just because the OP is clearly upset, and a few others are chiming in, does not mean Blizzard was wrong. They may have broken some of their own words, but how does that make them wrong? What is "right" to you if changing their own game is wrong? I admit it's being handled VERY poorly across the board, it isn't just Hunters, though. They made a public statement saying "We don't want to do massive, sweeping changes mid-expansion so people feel the need to re-roll." But that's exactly what they've done. I'm not defending Blizzard, but I'm certainly not defending "waaah waaah, rotation sucks I quit". C'mon, dude, are you twelve years old? That's hardly constructive.

Your sub entitles you to game-time. That's it. I'll never understand why people think it gives them any more than that. That's why I make comments, because people think because they pay $15/mo. they're somehow inducted into a loop where every one of their opinions matter.
    This is extremely accurate. You're paying to play on their servers, you having an opinion is great. But the fact you think your opinion is valid in any way, shape or form when it comes to the decisions made by the developers is just silly. Sure they want to make the customer happy, but you can't make EVERYBODY happy all of the time. You will often feel everybody around you hates the game as much as you do, but the majority of the players who are happy aren't going to hit the forums the second the patch hits to tell Blizzard how awesome of a job they have done. The people who dislike the changes however, will be straight on here complaining. Try to look at things from another prospective before thinking everybody hates the patch as much as you do.

i think there are some ppl in this thread that havent read much stuff in the last 6 months (wow ptr forum, wow forum, mmoc). otherwise they had realized that absurd hard try of the community to give good and useful feedback.

ofc there is ALWAYS a ton of that typical pewpew whining stuff. was always the case. but when you look at HOW much constructive feedback ppl gave since alpha, and HOW hard they try, besides all the usual whine stuff, then thats a totally another thing.

i play wow since release, without any interruption, and always read every forums. as playing alts often, raiding mythic, and playing nearly every class (besides monk) to the max, in this 12 years, i must say, i have never seen THAT hard try for useful feedback and THAT upset ppl for class changes.

so, in short: there is DEFINITELY something not ok with the class design overall.

ps: meanwhile my point of view, when you look at all the changes since WoD, is now, that blizz just changed the classes in a way, ThEY just can handle them easy and development become streamlineed, so THEY themselfes profit much of it. it way more looks to me, like blizz is most interessted in how they can develop stuff with least effort, and is good for them, than to design what is good for the players/game.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like the OP are why Blizzard is always scared to alter classes anytime other than expansion launches. It's a shame because it means we're often left with bad design or dps that Blizzard plans to change, but won't until the expansion is out. It wasn't always like this. They used to adjust as needed and yes it quite often meant relearning your clsss or spec somewhat. But WoW is one of the easiest games to play ever so it isn't as big of a deal as it sounds.

Also I love how everyone uses the same two buzzwords when whining still to this day, spammy or clunky. I don't think there's been a spec that could truly be called clunky in WoW for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The only feedback blizzard understands is rage and sub losses.
    See: Pvp traits revert. lore hotfix hunter and some other stuff.

Lots of rage and probably a sub collapse sparked those 1-2 day turn around.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I actually agree with the OP. I think my friend who plays MM is going to quit because the changes. I personally hate the Prot Warrior changes also believe it or not. Yes they are a buff, but your screwing with my game play and rotation mid freaking expansion. The Prot War rotation has pretty much been the same since TBC with slight variations, and now if I want to be competitive I apparently must use Devastator with no filler. People are literally spamming "Devastate" out of muscle memory.

I understand some classes had flat out design problems like the Spriest and needed changes, but Prot was fine as it was, I would have rathered a flat numbers nerf, then get some wonky buff that messes with my game play.
    Can you explain this? Why are they or rather how are they spamming Devastate if they took the Devastator talent?

First they wrecked my lock main, and now they made a big mess of my mage class

I think it`s time to create a "QQ Megathread" or something like this...shit threads like this are created all day long. "QQ my class is nerfed, i hate blizz, imma unsub, that`ll show them!" "QQ i dont like the new color pallete" "QQ legiondaries suck because I didn`t get one! unsubbing now!" "QQ legiondaries suck because I didn`t get the one I wanted! Unsubbing now!"

QQ no more! (or way more!) You can consolidate all this shit feedback nobody wants to hear or care for, in one single Shit Ultramega QQ thread! Somebody should do it...fuck it, Imma do it this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Please quit, never look back, whatever. But do you always have to make these pathethic whine threads?
    yes just to piss off you white knights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Good thing you had like 3 months to test the changes on the PTR.
    good thing blizz has his test team an had 4 months to polish things but no... gap is f 150k dps lmao..blizzard is trash like this patch is

Threads like this happen, deservedly, when unneeded (or just the wrong) changes are made to classes. This flies in the face of players who adhere to the silly notion that all changes are always for the better, in all cases.

Having said that, 7.1.5 wasn't too bad for me.

Ele is better
    Fury is better
    Prot is a joke

2 out of 3, could be worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    So respec or reroll. It's an MMO. Class design will change, it's part of the game.
    Actually no. It's not part of the game. Its part of Blizzard and they have trained you to just accept it as "normal".

The number of class redesigns and balance changes done by Blizzard is simply put... staggering.

Deleted
    Over exagerating things is not very useful. Shaman is not gutted or dead. You may feel that way but its not objective. I personally think elemental is great (always was despite not being top of the charts), and resto too. Hunters are rather bad in Legion I agree but survival and BM work well, they are boring but effective. Survival is even a little fun in pvp