Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is your guild going to do Normal NH or jump straight to Heroic NH?

I was wondering what the actual difficulty and ilvl required for Nighthold is. We are a casual guild and we probably do Normal Nighthold at first, but maybe there is some worth of doing, IDK, the first 3 bosses in HC and clear the rest of the raid in Normal.

What are your plans for Nighthold?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume entry iLvl would be 870 for Norm NH.

My guild plans to do Normal NH first and then the goal of Heroic Gul'dan later on, which I'm okay with. Not really bothered by not doing Mythic raiding.

No idea, but i heard they were downing normal bosses on the ptr with 8 ppl, i doubt we'll waste time with normal. Maybe just once so people get to see mechanics 1st hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a casual guild that have 2/7 M EN and 3/3 HC ToV as of now. Usually raiding for 2-3 hours two nights per week.

I think we will dedicate the first night to normal mode and push as far as possible. The second night we might push some HC if we hear that boss X and Y are pushovers.

Deleted
    I think that the best is to start pushing heroic for 2 reasons:
    *People will use bonus roll in HM so you can use NM to complete 2P/4P.
    *Nm might be too easy to teach you how to properly handle fights

We are doing normal of Wednesday (off-night) just to get a headstart on set items. Then going Heroic on our first official raid night. Currently we are 1/3M TOV. (Guarm will die!!)

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild will probably do normal outside of raid times, and then dedicate raid times to heroic

Deleted
    Don't i jave to finisch normal b4 y can enter start a hc raid?

I'm willing to bet most will do a normal clear on day 1 and then a heroic clear. I know thats what we are doing, going to get people that the set bonuses are a big upgrade to dps to their optimal set bonus. We will probably do another heroic clear 2nd reset and start progressing into mythic. We're going to raid 4 days a week for the first 3 or 4 resets though depending on how progression is currently looking for us.
    Last edited by Necromonger; 2017-01-13 at 03:34 PM.

We're going to do a lot of Normal early on for set pieces. We may do three nights a week for the first few weeks just to squeeze in more time for farm.

We gonna start in hc. We wanna give hc set items to better players.

Would suggest doing normal to get familiar with fight mechanics if you haven't spent anytime in NH. The later bosses have quite a few mechanics for players to deal with.

Deleted
    Normal for sets

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We will burn through normal on first night to get view of fight. Then switch to HC if we still have time, else start HC on second evening.

I believe my guild is gonna go for Normal first.

More chances at legendaries and a good way to learn the general idea of the place before stepping it up in Heroic.

Or maybe that's just me being delusional cuz that's what I'd do, but fairly certain. :P

Deleted
    Heroic then normal for any last bits of tier people need

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The only guilds who will do heroic first are ones who want week 1 ranks.

Most guilds will go for normal first.
    In every guild there are some players which are better then others. You wanna give them set bonuses first. If you run normal first, you are forced to give them normal gear and then hc. If you run hc first problem is solved.

Deleted
    We will do hc first. It makes more sense that way we dont want to give the players and classes we are gearing normal pieces.
    No one who competitive raids no matter what day bracket really gives a fuck about Hc rankings its all about the mythic ones and in order to not be behind on mythic week 1 you need to kill guldan first realistically.

So all in all 2 hc splits -> 2 normal splits in 12 hours *Clench*

My guild will most likely do normal first, just to get a feel for everything, and then step into heroic on the next raid day.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Normal first, then heroic. Get an initial feel for the fight and more chance for tier. Until every raid member has their 4p tier sets I'd imagine we will be running normals.