Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New patch but zero the excitement to try "new" stuff with demo.. Switched from synergy to service and barely stayed at the same dps as before. Decided to go with affliction and actually facerolled decent dps without any clue how to play the spec properly. It now just feels like affliction has decent burst, cleave and just plain aoe without even changing talents that much. It's still retarded though that now we have another spec where moving kills your dps if you dont tunnel MG.

All my legendaries are demo so waiting for that 4pc and we'll see. Overall impressions about this patch are pretty meh

Deleted
    Speaking about Legendaries. I have not been that fortunate and only got Sephuz and Norgannons so far. Norgannons boots used to be rather useless or luck-depending to occur in the needed situations. Now they are totally awesome!

Example: I killed Ursoc yesterday, was targeted by him twice and i did not stop casting for a single second during the whole encounter. You have to plan ahead, but they give you tons of mobility right now. I think they are worth a try and might be way better in the ranking than before.

Ursoc was just an example, we did Nightmare and ToV yesterday and i was able to make a good use of them on any boss. The time where i can't cast because of movement was reduced by a factor which feels like 80%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Do you really want to be in a position where you have to talent into ST or aoe and they are mutually exclusive? Because it's a far better situation that your best ST talent is also an AoE talent so you can compete with specs that have working baseline aoe instead of having to talent into it.
    Is it better? If Power Trip gets buffed to be better than Hand of Doom in ST sitations, our ST goes up. Logic eyh? It's also retarded that it isn't better seeing as Power Trip literally has no use right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Is it better? If Power Trip gets buffed to be better than Hand of Doom in ST sitations, our ST goes up. Logic eyh? It's also retarded that it isn't better seeing as Power Trip literally has no use right now.
    Arguably, that's because Hand of Doom should always have been baseline to start with. IMO its just way too core to smooth gameplay.

Deleted
    I did a bit of testing...seems to me like synergy is still better, can anyone confirm please? I need more opinions on this. It's less clunky too

The current single rotation build has summon darkglare. However, you do not mention this in the rotation and you use "cast Demonbolt" instead of "cast shadowbolt" implying we use Demonbolt. Is this a typo in the rotation or a mess up in the talent build?
    Last edited by Goldenboy1; 2017-01-12 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gothicmaster View Post
    I did a bit of testing...seems to me like synergy is still better, can anyone confirm please? I need more opinions on this. It's less clunky too
    At current ilevel/non tier they're probably more equal, but in NH gear service is the clear winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy1 View Post
    The current single rotation build has summon darkglare. However, you do not mention this in the rotation and you use "cast Demonbolt" instead of "cast shadowbolt" implying we use Demonbolt. Is this a typo in the rotation or a mess up in the talent build?
    WowDB link isn't working properly, I guess. Updating with different source for that I suppoooose.

Your ST goes up, but you fuck yourself on mythic+ where you can't talent swap so now your ceiling for ST is actively hampered because you must take the aoe talent to have some semblance of aoe.

Sort of like the horrible choice between implosion and improved dreadstalkers, nerf your boss damage in mythic+ by 20k+ DPS just so you can aoe as well.

This entire ST vs aoe talent on the same row is exactly why warlock has been a shitfest this expansion whereas other classes get dedicated talent tiers to either ST or aoe alongside having baseline capabilities for both.

It's much better to have talent rows dedicated to either ST or aoe or utility, but not competing with each other.

Deleted
    Your ST goes up, but you fuck yourself on mythic+ where you can't talent swap so now your ceiling for ST is actively hampered because you must take the aoe talent to have some semblance of aoe.

Sort of like the horrible choice between implosion and improved dreadstalkers, nerf your boss damage in mythic+ by 20k+ DPS just so you can aoe as well.

This entire ST vs aoe talent on the same row is exactly why warlock has been a shitfest this expansion whereas other classes get dedicated talent tiers to either ST or aoe alongside having baseline capabilities for both.

It's much better to have talent rows dedicated to either ST or aoe or utility, but not competing with each other.
    Well my point was that if Power Trip gets buffed it's only beneficial. In Mythic+ I can still roll Hand of Doom and be as strong as I was before and then Power Trip for single target raid bosses. Now however it's Hand of Doom no matter what, unless Soul Harvest has been sufficiently buffed to be used in some niche situations.

I wouldn't complain too much I foresee them putting Hand of Doom and Implosion on the same row if we complain and that would just be awful and 100% nerf to aoe potential. TBH it feels like one of those two needs to be baseline or both. The snap damage for implosion would help a lot with target swap situations and HoD just QoL change since too many gcd's get eaten applying doom manually even in single target if you don't take it.

You don't really need to spec implosion anymore for decent M+ AoE dps, with TKD proccing from DW, btw.
    Last edited by nessopito; 2017-01-12 at 07:31 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, TKD and synergy are decent enough imo.

After patch TKD does about 10-15% total damage on trash, and Implosion does 30%+. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    After patch TKD does about 10-15% total damage on trash, and Implosion does 30%+. Not even close.
    Didn't say it was better, said it was decent enough AoE, so that you could get away with speccing single target DPS. ID, after it gets hotfixed, will be a very viable compromise between ST and AoE.

Thanks for all your work on your Demonology guide, Not. You and your contributors are a godsend.

Well my point was that if Power Trip gets buffed it's only beneficial. In Mythic+ I can still roll Hand of Doom and be as strong as I was before and then Power Trip for single target raid bosses. Now however it's Hand of Doom no matter what, unless Soul Harvest has been sufficiently buffed to be used in some niche situations.
    Hand of Doom is still better than Power Trip, even on single target yes.

I really hate to nit-pick here. But, I have a question about your github demonolgy sims for 1-3 targets using tier gear. At 3 targets your sim table shows a .07% loss in dps at 2 set for three targets. Can you explain this to me?

And here you have the tier 4 set doing less damage than the tier 2 set on the priority target. The only reason I am questioning this one is because it does not make much sense to me. Does the sim run differently every play through in terms of demon targets?
    I apologize for all the questions I am rerolling warlock and trying to learn.
    Last edited by Goldenboy1; 2017-01-13 at 05:44 PM.

How close is Mark of the claw and Satyr?

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I think Claw is ~1k DPS ahead of Satyr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Hidden Satyr vs Claw is basically the same as Deadly Grave vs Prolonged Power.
    Hidden Satyr/Deadly Grace is better for pure ST burst, while Claw/Prolonged is better for everything else. Considering that M+ is now a big part of WoW's endgame, it's safer to go for Claw.