Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilrok View Post
    Again I agree with you that these artifact traits are garbage. I'm simply saying that you can actually see them in action. The one I'm talking about for Elemental literally DOES NOT MANIFEST. As in, you can play every aspect of the game, solo PvE, group, raid, PvP, and never see it happen.
    You see the Trait whenever you drop below 30%, which happens plenty of time in any halfway challenging activity.

Dropping below 30% does not neccesarily mean you'll die.

It's just that it heals for such a low amount that you never notice it, similiar to the dmg reduce from the MM trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Glassmage View Post
    I would have preferred shamanistic healing to increase the amount of healing done based on maelstrom used, 5, 10 and 15 maelstrom to increase Healing surge's effectiveness by 33, 66 and 100%
    Healing Surge consumed Maelstrom during Alpha, was later removed because people hated it to use their resource for defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Healing Surge consumed Maelstrom during Alpha, was later removed because people hated it to use their resource for defense.
    Can confirm. I play enhance, and it feels really bad whenever I have to do it. It uses globals, stops your autos, and consumes resource you would like to spend on stormstrikes. You can actually see your dps plummet every time you cast it. It would be nice if astral shift had a shorter cd or something. I miss having the great defensive cds other melee dps have.

You see the Trait whenever you drop below 30%, which happens plenty of time in any halfway challenging activity.

Dropping below 30% does not neccesarily mean you'll die.

It's just that it heals for such a low amount that you never notice it, similiar to the dmg reduce from the MM trait.
    That's just it. I have been reading a ton of logs on worldoflogs. That was the basis of this post. It DOESN'T proc that often, if even at all. As in, search for the number of times that it is cast per encounter and you're likely to see at most 1, but more often than anything 0 procs.

That's just it. I have been reading a ton of logs on worldoflogs. That was the basis of this post. It DOESN'T proc that often, if even at all. As in, search for the number of times that it is cast per encounter and you're likely to see at most 1, but more often than anything 0 procs.
    The thing is rather simple, which logs did you look into? Kill logs from people that have the entire Instance on Farm already and are probably overgeared?

In your example, Shamanistic Healing could heal you to full health (At which point the trait would obviously be totally overpowered) whenever you drop below 30% and it would still proc 0 times.

If you look into progress logs, depending on the boss, you probably will see Shamanistic Healing much more often, even if you exclude 1x Proc from every wipe.

The thing is rather simple, which logs did you look into? Kill logs from people that have the entire Instance on Farm already and are probably overgeared?

In your example, Shamanistic Healing could heal you to full health (At which point the trait would obviously be totally overpowered) whenever you drop below 30% and it would still proc 0 times.

If you look into progress logs, depending on the boss, you probably will see Shamanistic Healing much more often, even if you exclude 1x Proc from every wipe.
    I see where you're coming from, but go look. It really doesn't proc unless you're counting wipes like you mentioned. I've look at all types of guilds. Farming or progression. The % just needs to be higher.

A lot of specs have one really useless defensive trait.

MM Hunters have a trait that reduces damage by 3/6/9% for 4 seconds after they disengage.
    This trait is a godsend on Helya, you always disengage after orbs spawn, and very closely follows the Taint Dispels. 10% less damage from taints is not useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This trait is a godsend on Helya, you always disengage after orbs spawn, and very closely follows the Taint Dispels. 10% less damage from taints is not useless.
    If 10% dmg reduction are a big deal, then the damage income is big enough to drop below 30%.

I see where you're coming from, but go look. It really doesn't proc unless you're counting wipes like you mentioned. I've look at all types of guilds. Farming or progression. The % just needs to be higher.
    If the raid damage is high enough, it will trigger.

Looked at my Odyn Mythic first kill, shit triggered twice, not much but it did trigger without me dying.

Gotta remember, ToV isn't tuned for 20/20 Paragon Traits, you have way more stamina than intended.