Hunter hotfixes (Coming 1/17/17)

Hunter
    Beast Mastery

Cobra Shot damage increased by 46%.
    Chimaera Shot damage increased by 10%.
    Barrage damage increased by 10%.
    Kill Command damage increased by 10%.

Marksmanship

Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Barrage, Black Arrow, Bursting Shot, Marked Shot, Multi-shot, Murder of Crows, Piercing Shot, Sidewinders, Volley, and Windburst damage increased by 8%.

Survival
    Carve, Flanking Strike, Explosive Trap direct damage, Flanking Strike, Mongoose Bite, Raptor Strike damage increased by 7%.
    Explosive Trap damage over time, Lacerate, and Serpent Sting damage increased by 12%.
    Caltrops damage reduced by 10%.

----

Discuss....seems....well.

I saw a comment yesterday joking about a 7% buff to MM. I guess they weren't far off, Blizzard must have thought they were serious.

9̶8%

Was hoping for a buff to Arcane Shot focus regen or something along those lines. Oh well. Maybe 7.2.

Deleted
    Just started leveling my survival hunter alt. No one will see it coming when I wreck their shit.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget they nerfed the other specs too. It's probably still not enough, but I do like that cobra shot and kill command buff.

8% increased dmg is nothing ...

BM might be the spec to go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    9̶8%

Was hoping for a buff to Arcane Shot focus regen or something along those lines. Oh well. Maybe 7.2.
    Okay this is bothering me way too much

What the fuck is the line

LUL. So glad I wasn't banking on these. They're determined to keep BM worst spec in the game. Increases to abilities we don't even use? Yeah, that's going to help a lot. And cobra shot is such a small part of our damage with 75%+ of it coming from our pets, I just don't see how even such a massive gain is going to result in a big increase. It's not like we can suddenly use cobra more than we already do, we don't have the focus for it. I mean, I'm no theorycrafter, but is this even a 5% increase to our damage? Seems like the only real significance there is the Kill Command one, but since it's not an across-the-board increase like MM is getting, I can't see how this bumps us up significantly. I'd of course be happy to be shown wrong by the actual numbers.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cobra shot does more of our damage then you think. I'm no theorycrafter, but an almost 50% buff to one of our main abilities isn't anything to sneeze at, and pretty much makes killer cobra the best I'd imagine? Also helps I have the belt that lowers focus cost. Again, I'm not saying this is going to be enough because it's probably not. But for BM it's actually more than I expected.

Just making a slight change to your title, eschatological- these changes aren't live yet. The full Blue post says "we’re planning to make the following changes during the next weekly restarts in each region." Just want to avoid any confusion.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yay BM won't be bottom anymore Can't wait to see the sims

Way of the Cobra looking good now.

Deleted
    this won't fix a fucking thing for the misery that is marksman right now. we will still be forced to use that completly fucked ''patient sniper'' garbage that blizzard shat out last week.

arcaneshot will still be as fucking spammy as ever.

For BM, Looking at my last ursoc %, Kill command was ~34.5% of dmg. Cobra shot was ~9.3%. So KC increase is maybe +3.45% and and CS increase is +4.28% for a total of 7.73% increase...About the same as MM.

----

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Way of the Cobra looking good now.
    Maybe, maybe not. Consider kill command got buffed too.
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2017-01-14 at 03:24 AM.

I like that they increased explosive trap and reduced caltrops. hopefully that means caltrops wont be best for single target. i disliked having to manualy aim 2 different traps in my rotation.

SV ones are okay. I assume the carve buffs won't apply to Butchery?

Didnt someone did the math and said MM hunter needed something like 15% buff across the board to be midddle-top of the pack?

8% is a good starting point i guess. Now they just need to fix the boring as hell rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    For BM, Looking at my last ursoc %, Kill command was ~34.5% of dmg. Cobra shot was ~9.3%. So KC increase is maybe +3.45% and and CS increase is +4.28% for a total of 7.73% increase...About the same as MM.
    That's not quite as bad as I expected, but it's still not going to be enough. And of course it doesn't help with the completely fucked up rotations both specs have. They really painted themselves into a corner since what do you even do to fix BM, especially if you want it to be hunter damage rather than pet, because BM has almost nothing the hunters themselves are actually doing.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I saw a comment yesterday joking about a 7% buff to MM. I guess they weren't far off, Blizzard must have thought they were serious.
    Jesus fuck, Blizzard. I was only joking. So sad that I was almost spot on. They still don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Cobra shot does more of our damage then you think. I'm no theorycrafter, but an almost 50% buff to one of our main abilities isn't anything to sneeze at, and pretty much makes killer cobra the best I'd imagine? .
    I would have thought the opposite. This change benefits Aspect of the Beast more than Killer Cobra. That's just feelcraft though, looking forward to new sims.