Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Oh, really? I mean.. talking about all those "mohamads" is not xenophobe?

Are you a hypocrite?
    As mentioned, the people that burned the synagogue down are literally Mohamad and Mohammad.

Your lack of coherent argument is pretty pathetic dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As mentioned, the people that burned the synagogue down are literally Mohamad and Mohammad.

Your lack of coherent argument is pretty pathetic dude.
    It is your stereotypes that are pathetic. And your idea you arent xenophobe while you use all those stereotypes.

It is your stereotypes that are pathetic. And your idea you arent xenophobe while you use all those stereotypes.
    Well, the important thing is that you've fastidiously avoided noticing any sort of behavioral patterns. Congratulation on the xenophobiaphobia merit badge!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, the important thing is that you've fastidiously avoided noticing any sort of behavioral patterns. Congratulation on the xenophobiaphobia merit badge!
    Ohhhhh are they like Girl Scout merit badges, I've got a ton of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ohhhhh are they like Girl Scout merit badges, I've got a ton of those.
    Considering the fact you are a guy makes this really special.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the fact you are a guy makes this really special.
    That is news to me, and the fetus I've got hooked into me for just a little bit longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Why this hate towards sources you don't like?
    Hate? It´s amusement, not hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    How on earth is that NOT a hate crime?
    Becuse the prosecutor failed to prove it was a hate crime, hence the offenders was only sentenced to jail for attempting arson.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, but it might stand back to the interesting bit of attempted murder.

- - - Updated - - -

I sincerely doubt you know what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Jews are not special snowflakes that need our protection. We're past that point as well as past our guilt. And calling a bit of burned paint an "atrocity" is disrespectful to the holocaust victims. You may want to rethink your line of argument before you continue.
    Just look at the low amount of them that goes to court and results in a conviction for hate crime.

Deleted
    That is news to me, and the fetus I've got hooked into me for just a little bit longer.
    MMO-C confirms: Aliens infest forum readers

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-14 at 05:12 PM.

Much as I'd freely admit bias regarding Israel this judgement seems at first glance utterly daft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

(source)

I wonder if someone could torch a mosque and say its a criticism of Saudi Arabia?
    Maybe you can. But maybe it would be nice to just burn them all, churches mosques temples ...
    Or maybe, juuuuuuustr maybe, burn the people believing that shit and leave the buildings as a memento to the stupidity of mankind. Who in their right mind believes all that crap.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    I can't say if the judgement of the court was correct or not since I personally do not know the jurisitc files (and will not bother to read them honestly). However, calling it "synagoge torching" is a bit drastic.

It is an act of political or religious motivated attempted arson. The causation "political or religious" is important to the court since different paragraphs are used. However, the sentence would be similar. So effectively it wouldn't really matter. Or in other words if you attack a political headquarter or public institution (school, police station) or a church/synagoge/mosque is relatively similar. (In germany at least.)

The attack caused no more damage than spraying a wall. As for what would happen if you did that to a mosque. Vandalism or (attempted) arson to mosques in germany happens much more often than to synagogues. Often pigs blood and pigs heads are usec (or other parts of pigs). The sentences for these crimes are similar.

Here is the local article about the "torching" from 2014 (however it is in german so you probably won't understand it):
    http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/panorama...-aid-1.4416354

However, there is a 6 picture file showing the damage caused by the attack and the "molotov cocktails". They were thrown at the white door (3rd picture). I'm not surprised this caused only ~800€ (~1000$) in damages. It is almost not visible aside from the blackening of the white plastic frame.
    http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/panorama...-bid-1.4416590

The only reason this makes international news is because it combines the words "synagogue attack" and "germany". It is essentially click-bait.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2017-01-14 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It isn't, which is why they were found guilty of arson.

All they mean by "criticise" is "they threw firebombs because they're upset about the conflict between Israel and Palestine", rather than "they threw firebombs because they hate Jews". The latter is a hate crime, the former isn't; that's literally all that's being said here. In neither case are their actions justified.
    A German Synagogue is no more linked to the government of Israel than business owned by a Jewish person. It would still be a hate crime to try to set fire to a Jewish bakery. They threw firebombs because discriminated against something based on religion. They perpetuated a hate crime because their prejudice and will to do harm alone led to this act.

It's highly disturbing to try to justify this type of behavior.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2017-01-14 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    Just look at the low amount of them that goes to court and results in a conviction for hate crime.
    First, who are you talking about?

Second, there is no "hate crime" crime in German criminal code. If anything, it's a qualifier to modify the severity of a sentence of a proper criminal law, like arson. The bit that the paper picked up here? It's the afterthought of the judge. It kinda goes like this:

1. Court determines if they're guilty of arson, check.
    2. Court figures out how much of the up to 5 years offered in the law as punishment they should get... and this is where you discuss hate crimes (increasing the sentence) or perhaps things like being insane, drunk, not having any previous records etc. (lowering the sentence).
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-01-14 at 12:00 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nobody is justifying it.
    They wanted to protest against Israel: Fine.
    They went to far when they wanted to protest by setting fire to a building.
    I'm not a fan of the actions of Israel. I have no problem with protesting.

That doesn't change the fact that the only link between a synagogue and Israel is religion. And attacking something on the basis of religion is discrimination. Further intent to do harm, regardless if you failed, is what pushes this into the realm of a hate crime.

My response would be the exact same if this were arson again a Shia mosque in protest of Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    A German Synagogue is no more linked to the government of Israel than business owned by a Jewish person. It would still be a hate crime to try to set fire to a Jewish bakery. They threw firebombs because discriminated against something based on religion. They perpetuated a hate crime because their prejudice and will to do harm alone led to this act.

It's highly disturbing to try to justify this type of behavior.
    What is disturbing is you assuming a hate crime based on the ethnicities alone. Basically, this means anything a Muslim does to a Jew or vice versa is a hate crime automatically. A Muslim robs a wallet from a Jew? Hate crime. No matter that he wants to buy himself dinner from it...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What is disturbing is you assuming a hate crime based on the ethnicities alone. Basically, this means anything a Muslim does to a Jew or vice versa is a hate crime automatically. A Muslim robs a wallet from a Jew? Hate crime. No matter that he wants to buy himself dinner from it...
    Unfortunately, that's just your misunderstanding.

It's a potentially a hate crime because they intentionally defaced a place of worship solely on the basis of religion. Unless you purposely targeting a Jews or Muslims to mug, there's really no discrimination and no hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Unfortunately, that's just your misunderstanding.

It's a potentially a hate crime because they intentionally defaced a place of worship solely on the basis of religion. Unless you purposely targeting a Jews or Muslims to mug, there's really no discrimination and no hate crime.
    Well, I've pointed out before that antisemitism probably had a part in this, but honestly... it's insignificant to the political agenda they tried to achieve. That one kinda overrules the antisemitism, because if you're against Israel because of their perceived crimes against what you consider your people, your whole politics is antisemitic on account of being against Israel. That's kind of part of the definition when you have a nation that basically is Jewdom by definition.

Deleted
    Xenophobia is no conservative "value", it infact is a typical far right wing attitude. Conservatism is about valueing traditions, valueing family and the same values.
    This has nothing to do with xenophobia, the crime rates raised extremely, money is taken from other instances(healthcare, welfare) to give it to the migrants