Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Honestly don't understand how you guys can say that these nerfs were justified. If I had AOE as assass I'd be completely fine with these changes. But we don't, our aoe the worst in the game for a melee and on top of that we're a pure dps spec. If my only option as a rogue is ST then it better damn well be the best in the game by a good margin.

Sin was in an ok place, rather than nerf that, they should buff outlaw and sub so that the specs are competitive in higher teir, not making people feel wasted for traits

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    I mean Assassination was completely out of controll after 7.1.5. The boots nerf is a bit wierd cause now we don't even know how many MA relics to use with them but it was obvious Sin was getting nerfed, the spec was just too strong.
    Yeah but most people probably expected slight scaleback, not the sledgehammer treatment we're getting.

Deleted
    Since wednesday we debated a lot about the boots and that the boots are pretty hard the best legendary compared to the another ones (>50k dps ahead in decent nh mythic gear). For ppls with brain the nerf was 100% predictable. I didnt imagine the hotfix is coming so fast but my fellow rogue mate (he has the boots) was 100% sure the boots getting nerfed before nh release.

I cant understand the ap nerf. 2.5% reduced baseline dps (= ~24k bsaeline dps loss in decent nh mythic gear).

While AP nerf was a little bit underwhelming(they could have just buffed sightly exang), boots nerf was obvious and deserved, they were too strong with the new build.
    Last edited by Halobob87; 2017-01-14 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie311 View Post
    Honestly don't understand how you guys can say that these nerfs were justified. If I had AOE as assass I'd be completely fine with these changes. But we don't, our aoe the worst in the game for a melee and on top of that we're a pure dps spec. If my only option as a rogue is ST then it better damn well be the best in the game by a good margin.
    Its an post effect of the whole legendary system. The aoe performance of assassination is completely build around specific items (we have 3 to 4 legendaries now which improve our aoe dps). Without those specific items we have it a little bit harder to be on par with some other classes. Thiy makes the rebalancing pretty hard, because if they would improve our baseline aoe performance to be on par with another classes without legendaries, we would just explode with the aoe legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    best parsed rogue: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=20

The nerf is stupid because people are clearly abusing some bug which let's Vendetta have ZERO cooldown or really reduced cooldown ( he had 468 From the Shadows hits on the 4min fight, check his buff uptime please, 93% of the fight, tell me how!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=21
    This other guy, 8 uses over 3 minutes, again tell me!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...uras&source=49
    This other one, 9 uses over 2min30s

You get the picture, shit is glitched and instead of fixing it ...
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-01-15 at 07:10 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary caps

So what does this mean to us? What changes? Do we consider exsang? I have boots and 3MA so not sure if it just means 'deal with it' or if I have to go another way to perform. I was pretty consistantly top dps in our raids except Helya and Tree by up to 50k with one of the lowest ilvls of the dps so i guess this should be expected.

I'm more worried about our scaling than the here and now.

75th percentile. Hahah.

We aren't as good in 95+

Quote Originally Posted by Richie311 View Post
    That boots nerf is retarded. Same with the AP nerf.
    What I as a Sub player thinks as well. We got a 70% nerf to our boots.

I'm trying to get some Energetic Stabbing relics now.

Yeah, let me know once you get nerfed like sub did, heh

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Some are saying the elisande trinket (convergence of fates) will bring our kingsbane/exsang back in line.
    But what about the potential strong Trinket proc/hugh crit/mastery we are loosing? If the trinket is working also for kingsbane/exang we wont gain that much.
    convergence is simming miles ahead of any other dps trinket in the game, the only one that comes close is the guldan one, so yes we will gain that much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRogue View Post
    I could understand the nerfs if Sin was a massive margin ahead in ST, but we are behind DHs and Rets
    Yep , im fine with the ST nerf to sin IF!!! they atleast buff our FoK damage or making poisen bomb more consistent ( higher proc chance ,lower damage , increasing the radius by 2 yards )

Deleted
    The knowledge of people especially on reddit, including rogues, on how stuff works is bad. If your skill's cool down is reduced currently by 80%, then a further 5% reduction is effectively a 25% reduction. At 0%, that is 5%. People realllly don't fucking realise how the combination of relic+boots nerfed effects sins. This has AMPLIFIED the relic nerf. It's the latter stages of cool down reduction that has the most value, it's the getting there that is tough. The Nighthold trinket can fuck off, replace it with a trinket that gives us a different form of damage boost. Being worried how rogues will stack up CDR? So you've nerfed all rogues due to the ones that will get the trinket.

Also, Sub rogues happy because Assassin's got nerfed. Honestly what the fuck, we're all the same class, one spec out performs the other but wait until other classes will end up out performing our class. Hunters came together and cried, Blizz don't need to do anything for us because we're too busy fighting amongst ourselves justifying them.

more changes are coming, sin is still the best rogue spec and rogue still goin to break meters. also u dont have to complain so much when other classes are nerfed, just wait and stop bitching like that

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    You mean like they just did with agonizing poison?
    Try reading the one sentence again. It's not that hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoEasy View Post
    more changes are coming, sin is still the best rogue spec and rogue still goin to break meters. also u dont have to complain so much when other classes are nerfed, just wait and stop bitching like that
    The problem is there are not many logs to break with nighthold
    Any fight fight with atleast one addphade will bring assa down to the bottom half.

I am always amazed that they do these kinds of things RIGHT before a Raid release.
    Giving Sin rogues 4 days to try and re gear to be competitive in the new Raid?
    That is bs.
    Tuning during raids, I get to a point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    convergence is simming miles ahead of any other dps trinket in the game, the only one that comes close is the guldan one, so yes we will gain that much
    hm. nightbloom frond sims far stronger than any other trinket. CoF at 905 or Eye of Guarm (mastery) at 910 are equal of each other and simming at second place. We need to wait how the trinkets work in practise, simulating trinkets before to know how they work in practise (live not ptr) is quite inaccurate.

Deleted
    Keep in mind, that warcraftlogs is inflated with wrong logs from rogues who have 100% vendetta uptime.

I assume we will end up with an overall damage loss in ST of ~10% with the MP / Vigor / AP build.
    Last edited by mmocb8ab3d640e; 2017-01-14 at 02:23 PM.