Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I'm on Japanese and Taiwanese stores a lot

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10 char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Encenoa View Post
    Keep practicing, you're just bad at hunter. As soon as you said the, "(insert topic here) is cancer" line you lost all credibility with me. Get a new vocabulary.
    are you a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post

You don't even need the 9%.
    You do. Without ~6-7% haste you can't marked -> Arcane -> Aimed -> Aimed.

9% is just giving you a tiny bit of breathing room to account for latency and whatnot.

Maybe this is what you meant, but to me it looks like you are implying you can run 0 haste, which is false.

Deleted
    Keep practicing, you're just bad at hunter.
    no amount of ''practice'' can make up for the fact that the way 'patient sniper' works now, you get severly punished for any sort of movement (or latency) forced upon you from encounters, it's one thing now doing farm content where you can rely on muscle memory to carry you through everything the bosses throws at you. but progress starts again next week, and just how big of a fuck up the new 'patient sniper' is, will become even more apparent then.

the fact that you call a rotation 'fine' where you litteraly get a netdps increase by letting proccs expire pretty much mean you need to replace the captain of your brainship, because the current one is quite obviously drunk at the wheel.

there is no flow or rythm to the current specc what so ever, and having proccs expire being a 'positive' is about as fucking counter intuitive as it gets.

Elemental Shaman feel you pain my Hunter brothers I hope they fix you guys faster then they sat on their asses to fix us.

No, I'm implying you can run 0 haste. Aimed shot is a 2 second cast time. So pretty sure 4 seconds is less than 7 seconds. Getting two in is easy. You can even still get three casts but you don't really want to do that because if you end up having to move at the last second or you're a bit slow you miss out on your biggest aimed shot. You also get less marked shots which is lower damage but more damage per focus.

Maybe you're confused and haven't read the updates on Icy veins after he fixed the errors. Not sure why he thought you wanted 9% haste, or any, and for some reason thought 4 aimed shots in one vulnerable was possible.
    you do realize vulnerable being 7s doesnt actually mean you have those 7 seconds most of the time, right? Windburst has travel time, so you actually have slightly more than those 7 seconds to cast your aimeds, while on the other hand, marked shot (or SW) eat a GCD, so you lose that GCD before you can actually start casting aimeds. vulnerable being 7s, marked being 1,5s GCD and aimeds being 2s means you literally cant fit 3 Aimeds with zero haste, you need atleast like 7,2% haste and zero latency to fit 3 back to back aimeds into the vuln window after marked and pretty much the same to fit an arcane with 3 aimeds, not in that order, to fit into vuln window after WB, if you are in the bosses face (due to mechanics or whatever), the recommended haste is there mostly for the people with >20 latency

The caltrops nerf won't change anything right?

Caltrops is 50% AP/sec, post nerf it's 45% AP/sec which is 945% AP per cast. Explosive Trap is 350%*1.75 every 24 sec. or 25.52 AP/sec. Guerrilla Tactics adds 12.76 AP/sec on single target. Costs you a gcd every 21s but it's still seems like the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    It's nice.. but are the BM changes enough?
    Id say that BM is in a better place going into NH than they were going into EN. Spec will probably have a higher representation since MM is in the state it's in right now. That being said if it's good enough to make the cut in NH, which is hopefully a little harder than EN, remains to be seen.

Obviously I'm not counting using arcane then three aimed shots but you don't want to use 3 aimed shots anyway. My point was, that you can in fact do 3 aimed shots within 7 seconds. It doesn't matter though since you don't want to actually try do that. So, you only want 2 which is easily possible with no haste.
    and my point is you are wrong, you cant fit 3 aimeds into one vuln after marked shot without haste.
    And doing 3 aimeds in a single window is entirely viable given the situation, where you know you have an opening now and wont have it in a couple of seconds due to incoming heavy movement or wanting to max out trick shot cleave before the add dies or countless other factors, so its nice to have it available any time (and haste is generally a nice QoL thing anyway, the quicker you finish that aimed, the faster you can start moving to your next spot)

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    no amount of ''practice'' can make up for the fact that the way 'patient sniper' works now, you get severly punished for any sort of movement (or latency) forced upon you from encounters, it's one thing now doing farm content where you can rely on muscle memory to carry you through everything the bosses throws at you. but progress starts again next week, and just how big of a fuck up the new 'patient sniper' is, will become even more apparent then.

the fact that you call a rotation 'fine' where you litteraly get a netdps increase by letting proccs expire pretty much mean you need to replace the captain of your brainship, because the current one is quite obviously drunk at the wheel.

there is no flow or rythm to the current specc what so ever, and having proccs expire being a 'positive' is about as fucking counter intuitive as it gets.
    You're hilarious. If movement forces you to sit on focus that focus just gets moved over to the next vuln window(which we get tons of since they buffed the proc rate). Lol. No idea what you're talking about procs "expiring". Losing marked shot usages is a dps loss. Must be some dumbshit thing azor is recommending(Like sitting on marked shot so you can get 3x aimed shots in every vuln window LOL or saying bm was better than marks in m+ at any point)

Face it, you're bad and you're blaming a talent for your own inability to figure out the rotation. Marks dps is lower than it should be but patient sniper is simple af and leads to the same lines of play over and over
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2017-01-14 at 06:48 PM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Obviously I'm not counting using arcane then three aimed shots but you don't want to use 3 aimed shots anyway. My point was, that you can in fact do 3 aimed shots within 7 seconds. It doesn't matter though since you don't want to actually try do that. So, you only want 2 which is easily possible with no haste.
    You telling me you don't know how to be stationary in raid for 7 seconds? Man you're just bad at this game then. Try explaining that to any Destro/Demo out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Elemental Shaman feel you pain my Hunter brothers I hope they fix you guys faster then they sat on their asses to fix us.
    Elemental shaman were in a bad spot for years, but they did have some nice niche roles that never changed with the totem utility they could provide as well as add styled fights. It was the ST that always caused the main issue. With Legion and the recent changes they completely took away MM's niche of spread cleave/AoE. BM has always been just about buffing the numbers and fixing pet AI, which still has yet to be done regardless of how much complaining has been done. After all, let's look at what they did for WW monks SEF AI: clones will move faster to a target after or has died or gone immune. Basically this one change exemplifies the changes Hunters have asked for since I started playing in WoW. What do our pets do? Target goes immune, it sits on said target until we tell it to swap. If told to swap, takes forever to move to next one as it used speed to get to 1st target. Even after told to swap, still takes around a second to even swap in some instances. Hati speed buffed but still barely noticeable except where meters reflect she isn't doing anything to the target your main pet is on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbezz View Post

Face it, you're bad and you're blaming a talent for your own inability to figure out the rotation. Marks dps is lower than it should be but patient sniper is simple af and leads to the same lines of play over and over
    While this is (partly) true, it's still freaking retarded to have a talent like this.
    Or at least to be reliant on it, because the alternatives are even worse.

It's freaking pointless to have a 7s window if you don't want to use the first 2-3 seconds, it's even more annoying to have damage windows that can end up not being used, the focus does not always carry over to the next window btw. The leeway you have before capping is kinda low.

To start a 2 AiS window you need like 60% focus or something, on top of that, you might not get a proc instantly which means you'll have to use another arcane to get marking targets on the mob etc.. so not using the 2nd-late AiS might end up with you wasting focus....and that's just some fucked up gameplay imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

10 char
    Lewd, it's for ordering food and ingredients!
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

With Chimera getting buffed in the hotfix, how bad do you think 3-3-1-3-1-1-2/3 would be, and would it help the focus issue with BM at all?

Keep practicing, you're just bad at hunter
    Judging by your logs (50 on cen and 26 on Xav since the patch), I don't think you should be telling anyone they're "bad at hunter" because they have issues with the changes; you seem to be struggling with them yourself.

My mvp change of 7.1.5 was unsubbing

1000 all-star points for that

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be hilarious if they buffed Survival so much much that it becomes the best Hunter spec.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Looks like the game is still in beta.

How the hell did hunter go live in it's current state?

Blizz is completely out to lunch