Page 1 of 3
LastLast

crazy damage reduction incomming.

7.1 crazy single target Damage with most stuipd Talent ever
    7.1.5 Top multitarget Damage, fine single target damage with decent gear
    7.xx what is left?
    Last edited by germanpk; 2017-01-14 at 08:27 AM.

The top spot is still there.

Wtf are you smoking? These pussy ass nerfs won't do jack, I'll still be topping the chart by a lot. Just by a little less.

Huge sigh of relief over here.

Deleted
    Yeah come on man, Shadow Priests were ludcrously overpowered, I mean all they did was to take ALL the damage from Surrender and bake it into everything else. The resulkt was Priests totally dominating many fights but no longer requiring the skill to pull off Surrender to do it.

It was a total monster at multi-dotting, as an affliction warlocks I looked at the incredible damage that could be done with very little effort and though fuck me. Look at the logs showing SP'd doing 1m sustained damage on multi-target fights, take a few percent off that and they'll still be topping everyone because the damage is coming from dots which got teeny weeny tiny baby nerfs
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-01-14 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Wtf are you smoking? These pussy ass nerfs won't do jack, I'll still be topping the chart by a lot. Just by a little less.

Huge sigh of relief over here.
    No, you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    No, you won't.
    Great argument! What a wonderful person you are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    they'll still be topping everyone because the damage is coming from dots which got teeny weeny tiny baby nerfs
    10% and 14% are "teeny weeny tiny baby nerfs"

Deleted
    Great argument! What a wonderful person you are.
    It's not the 4% damage nerfs that will hurt our damage, it's the combination of 14% dot reduction and nerf to the shoulder legendary.

You won't be winning many fights against other classes, unless the people you raid with are extremely bad.

Deleted
    Even tho it is only 10% and 14% you how to look how big part of your dmg it is, and everytime I see another Spriest, those two dots are his top dmg dealing spells and doing roughly 30-40% og their dmg.

Deleted
    Shadow priests are dominating damage meters by a mile right now, even with those nerfs they will be top dps class so there is nothing to worry about your priest's damage

so many here don't know nothing, you look at top logs from mythic geared players where the boss lives 1-2 min becasue of overgearing this raid by 5 million miles already and say it is op rofl.
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

I felt my damage was unexpectedly buffed, so not entirely unexpected. Some of the damage I've been doing has been pretty ludicrous for my skill level and ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    It's not the 4% damage nerfs that will hurt our damage, it's the combination of 14% dot reduction and nerf to the shoulder legendary.

You won't be winning many fights against other classes, unless the people you raid with are extremely bad.
    I don't recall saying I raid. I just do mythic pluses and LFR, and I don't have the shoulders. I'll be fine. I'm pretty sure the highest end raiders will also be fine.

Now go ahead and say my opinion means jack, and enjoy your sky-is-falling narrative. I'm comfortable with however you choose to use your time.

Deleted
    I don't recall saying I raid. I just do mythic pluses and LFR, and I don't have the shoulders. I'll be fine. I'm pretty sure the highest end raiders will also be fine.

Now go ahead and say my opinion means jack, and enjoy your sky-is-falling narrative. I'm comfortable with however you choose to use your time.
    Your opinion means jack.

It's too much ST nerf. The competitive ST logs were already coming from s2m on super short farm fights, meaning that current ST damage is overinflated atm and will drop more than other classes once longer progression fights come around. That with this massive ~8% nerf means shadow is going to be middle of the pack at best. For a spec with poor defensives, mobility, and the longest ramp up time in the game (DPS literally increases until boss dies) it's not a good look.

More. I need more. Sweet, sweet shadow priest tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    7.1 crazy single target Damage with most stuipd Talent ever
    7.1.5 Top multitarget Damage, fine single target damage with decent gear
    7.xx what is left?
    Oh no, instead of breaking 1 million ST DPS you'll only be doing 750k. THE HORRORS!

Start rerolling now, boys.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

No one can deny that some nerfs were incoming. I mean cmon. The aoe was insane and the single target (even though with SC and Misery) was somehow competetive, if not even still topping the meters with some baddies in the group. It was about to happen and I definitly enjoyed it while it lasted, but it was overpowered as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by BondGirl View Post
    No one can deny that some nerfs were incoming. I mean cmon. The aoe was insane and the single target (even though with SC and Misery) was somehow competetive, if not even still topping the meters with some baddies in the group. It was about to happen and I definitly enjoyed it while it lasted, but it was overpowered as fuck.
    With baddies in a group, rofl how dump you are.
    You can't compare a good played character against others who just play shit.
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Oh no, instead of breaking 1 million ST DPS you'll only be doing 750k. THE HORRORS!

Start rerolling now, boys.
    Noone was doing 1 mil dps single target though. The nerfs were mostly justified(the dot damage anyway, the blanket nerf was unnecesary and even nerfed skills that were so bad they got no use) but trying to lie about how things really were is pretty silly, shadow was at best slightly above average on pure single target fights that were long enough for stm to not still be the way to go. The highest shadowpriest on guarm without stm is 650k and that's with double bis legendary(kinda triple with the arcanocrystal).

The nerf will definitely make us pretty bad on pure single target but luckily there are very few fights like that, although it definitely feels like the aura nerf to every ability was unjustified and simply just blizzard being lazy as there was no reason to nerf shadowcrash, a talent that mostly see use in mythic+, shadow word void that sees no use whatsoever or even mind blast/flay as the talent that synergies with those is already not a very good choice.