Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact - least trusted doesn't mean least biased, or least professional.

I mean seriously, Fox news is the most biased main stream media there is - and they are trusted by half the country.
    Do you work for CNN? You seem like the type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I still remember watching Wolf Blitzer dancing at the Dem convention with a glass of wine in his hand.... I thought to myself "this is journalism? This is what CNN airs nowadays?" On election day, the CNN analyst said "there is basically no chance Trump wins this election, no chance." Then I watched Trump win.

Then I saw that guy getting drunk on air and getting his ear pierced on New years. Then they published the Trump fake news story and got trolled, literally.

Why would anyone watch/trust this network again?

TBF, watching Don Lemon get absolutely shitfaced on live TV was one of the better things on TV for New Years.

The U.S. is seriously lacking in terms of wrap up shows.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol Fox is seen as 50% trustworthy?

I wonder what the age range for this study is.

Not that I particularly like CNN or MSNBC (or Fox), this smells of bullshit ten different ways, and seems to just feed into the conspiratorial spin that Trump keeps trying to insist so that he can punish people who don't toe his line.
    So only those under say 30 or 40 should count?

There really is no such thing as a non bias news source

Hell iam British and i know the BBC even though by royal mandate it has to be non partisan but its still very left wing and has been for many years.

But i live in the US now and boy you guys your news networks would make Joseph Goebbels tell you to turn down the blatant propaganda.

Iam looking at you Fox News and MSNBC!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-01-15 at 12:31 AM.

I usually turn to Reuters or BBC for any real news.

CNN has fake news

http://www.reuters.com/news

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    TBF, watching Don Lemon get absolutely shitfaced on live TV was one of the better things on TV for New Years.

The U.S. is seriously lacking in terms of wrap up shows.
    Never said it wasn't entertaining haha. Just wouldn't expect to see it on a "serious" news network.

CNN is fake news, not surprised.

the problem is that all mainstream media is corrupt. they are big business now, and that needs to be forcibly changed.

big business and nobody else should ever be able to wrap their fingers around media. i would make it entirely illegal for big business and the owners of big corporations to buy media outlets. i would force a totally neutral news network that reports on EVERYTHING currently happening in american and the world at large.

I've always like CNN's headline news. Overall, I don't overly care who gives me the highlights. Just run me through the top stories. Alert me to whatever is happening now and that's all I need.

When I'm bored, I'll watch a couple of talk shows just to see what they are arguing about that week. It's kinda like watching WWE. One side is always mad about what the other side is doing, so it's hard to take them serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven French View Post
    Do you work for CNN? You seem like the type.
    No - just a rational human being. That's all that is needed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

fox news trustworthy ??? Yeah right
    I easily admit cnn is not the most credible cable out there but fox is, if not below, at most at the same ranking in credibility

For Profit news is whats killing American Journalism and News

Bill O'Reilly said it best so far. “There’s no question in my mind that the hunt… for a Trump-Russia connection during the campaign remains very intense and active, some in the national media wanting to de-legitimize the vote. And at this point, that’s the only way to do it, linking the Trump campaign to Putin… Donald Trump helped himself today, but he’d better watch his back. Not since Richard Nixon has the national press corps been so determined to bring someone down.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-01-15 at 12:54 AM.

The majority of people that don't trust CNN, get their news from Breitbart, Infowars and chain emails. Their opinion on the trustworthiness of news is as useful as a superhero whose power is to make things written in crayon look like it was written in pencil.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...n_to_fox_first

They're full of shit and everyone knows it. I haven't watched TV in years and this is why.
    All US news outlets are trash.
    And just because a certain channels viewers trust them more or less doesn't really mean they're actually more or less trustworthy, just that their viewers swallow their bullshit harder or easier. Obviously, people who watch Fox have an easier time believing their trash.

bullshit poll, but there are some interesting takeaways:

1) people that consider the the station they watch untrustworthy, yet they continue to watch it. The ironic thing about CNN, it's viewers don't trust them, but they continue to watch. Makes you wonder about the intelligence of CNN viewers. Granted, they could be thinking that the other stations are even less trustworthy, but yet they still don't trust what they watch..... hmm

2) It could be that people are just a little more intelligent though, and know bullshit when they hear it.

3) Poll does nothing to actually say if said news stations are actually factual, though with the numbers of skeptical viewers, it doesn't bode well.

4) It could also be that the stations really aren't delivering news as much as just politically opinionated commentary that says nothing new. Commentary is not news, its just opinions masquerading as if it is. So the more commentary shows you have, the less news that actually gets delivered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose you ask a group of North Koreans how much they trust their government. Then you ask a group of French how much they trust their government. The result will be: "France earns title of less trusted government than North Korea". Does this result speak in favor of France, or North Korea?

Boom, headshot!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

More "I DON'T AGREE WITH IT SO IT MUST BE FAKE". k
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

oh
    now
    they
    believe
    a
    poll

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I think it's the consensus that the polls were so outrageously wrong, and were possibly contrived to give Clinton an edge, that led people to have such distrust in mainstream media. This wasn't just CNN reporting a Clinton victory, but most major news outlets.

http://imgur.com/a/wwFIb
    I mean, technically the polls weren't far off. One week before the election most polls I saw gave Clinton a 3-4% lead, rarely more.

In the end, she did have a 3% lead in popular vote. But the improper assumption was that it would translate into a win with the EC which wasn't the case.