Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because like all things conservatism is always 3 steps behind in everything, its in the name. What was liberal humor in 1980 is conservatism now. And it will go on like this forever.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Except for conservatives you have sacred cows that are literally sacred. As in: "you'll fucking burn in hell if you mock this stuff." Not being able to mock religion cuts off a treasure trove of material.
    Every group has their taboos. And their preferred and "protected" religions and faiths, even if they don't practice them themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Because liberals are intolerant. Conservatives can disagree with someone without wanting them to die of cancer, so you'll find quite a few conservatives attending liberal comedy shows. If a conservative comedian put on a show the regressive left would start setting stuff on fire...
    Ann Coulter was on the dais at the comedy central roast of Ann Coulter ...err of Rob Lowe ...and took every bit of shit those radicals tossed her way.

They laid into her with some over the line shit that went well beyond the sparing style humor of a roast to down right vicious and hateful attacking.

But she was un-phased, like the fucking boss she is.

Seriously that women has more inner strength than any 100 beta male Hollywood pretty boy cucks combined.

She took their unfunny butt-hurt jabs, then she plugged her new book, sat down, had a martini, and laughed at the room full of tards because she knew ....she knew MAGA were declared.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Authoritarians don't look favorably at criticism and sarcasm.

In the last few years the Authoritarians were mostly right-aligned, but we're seeing this change, and this might open up to a wider spectrum of comedians.

It's not a good thing.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Except for conservatives you have sacred cows that are literally sacred. As in: "you'll fucking burn in hell if you mock this stuff." Not being able to mock religion cuts off a treasure trove of material.
    The Left increasingly has its sacred cows. Look at the sad fate of Amy Schumer ect. As Feminism and the SocJus activism becomes a kind of secular religion, many Leftie comedians have lost their touch.

Libertarians are the last men/women standing in political comedy. In general you just can't have anything be sacred to be a good comedian, and sure all comedians have areas they won't transgress, but I will agree Conservatives generally have a lot of material they won't transgress against.

Granted you have the Blue Collar comedy schtick that seems overwhelmingly Conservative, though I suspect its because a Liberal doing it just comes off as classist or elitist. Kind of like how "a racist joke is funny, a racist isn't."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Left increasingly has its sacred cows. Look at the sad fate of Amy Schumer ect. As Feminism and the SocJus activism becomes a kind of secular religion, many Leftie comedians have lost their touch.

Libertarians are the last men/women standing in political comedy. In general you just can't have anything be sacred to be a good comedian, and sure all comedians have areas they won't transgress, but I will agree Conservatives generally have a lot of material they won't transgress against.

Granted you have the Blue Collar comedy schtick that seems overwhelmingly Conservative, though I suspect its because a Liberal doing it just comes off as classist or elitist. Kind of like how "a racist joke is funny, a racist isn't."
    I loved watching Amy Shumer get raked over the coals by her compatriots. If you're not a differently abled gay trans black Muslim then the regressives will eventually turn on you.

Because, generally, entertainment/artistic pursuits are by FAR majority left. Anyone in those fields who do not share such views generally just keeps their thoughts to themselves, to avoid getting dogpiled by the idiots.

The American people have elected the greatest conservative comedian so they still exist.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I loved watching Amy Shumer get raked over the coals by her compatriots. If you're not a differently abled gay trans black Muslim then the regressives will eventually turn on you.
    They'll turn on that guy too eventually.

I look at how quickly the daggers came out for Nichole Kidman, and how very sexist those daggers were when wielded by the anti-misogyny crowd. That is the other thing, that crowd is so overwhelmingly hypocritical it is hard to find some of it funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There is a reason conservative people tend to be so serious about their beliefs, holding them to be sacred. They need some point of reference, some basis behind their beliefs. But since they cannot explain their beliefs logically (since then they will have to admit that they support those values just because they cannot view them critically, which is a very painful thing for a person to admit), they have to resort to divination/"sacration" of them. And everybody knows that joking about sacred things it a big no-no.

While this kind of "sacration" is sometimes encountered in progressive people as well on certain issues, it is more of a problem of being not progressive enough, rather than that of being progressive.

For example, I am an atheist. I can take a joke about my atheist beliefs just fine. Now, take, say, a faithful orthodox Muslim, living by Quran and Sharia and believing in them. How will he take me making a joke about Allah? Let alone, will he dare make a joke about Allah? Probably not.

And a comedian not able to laugh at his/her own beliefs really isn't going to get anywhere. Comedy built around bashing your political opponents gets old fast, you need to be willing to mock yourself and your part of the political spectrum as well, and conservative people have an inherent problem with that.
    Yup....your answer is the long version of mine.

The same reason why there were no black people in the TOP1 in chess.

Deleted
    Are you saying Trump is not the biggest comedian in the world?

But honestly, I have no idea?
    I conciser myself conservative and I never even watch "comedians".

10+ Year Old Account
    Theirs dennis miller but hes not funny. Dennis leary stole bill hicks bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Where are the likes of Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee or Trevor Noah?
    Only 1 of those, Colbert is remotely funny. The rest are all hacks

- - - Updated - - -

Opie and Anthony was a pretty funny talk show

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    Conservatives are rarely moderate and extremists (left or right) are never funny.
    Sources on those "rarely moderate" figures please.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Dennis Miller?
    he meant good conservative comedians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Only 1 of those, Colbert is remotely funny. The rest are all hacks

- - - Updated - - -

Opie and Anthony was a pretty funny talk show
    John Oliver is great. you're a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    he meant good conservative comedians.

- - - Updated - - -

John Oliver is great. you're a hack.
    I mean come on its 2017

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Says who, aside from you?
    It was an interview years ago.

Q: Are you two guys liberal or conservative? Me and my friends have had debates about this.
    Parker: We avoid extremes but we hate liberals more than conservatives and we hate them [conservatives].
    Stone: I hate conservatives but I really fucking hate liberals.

So I'm the only one who still thinks Jon Stewart is funnier than Colbert?

Not that I have anything against Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I'd say that more rests on the Far ends of both sides. I know MANY Leftists with no sense of Humour. You know the ones that get offended by everything?
    That's true, and you'll notice there aren't a lot of actual far left wing social reformers in comedy either. Some, but not many.

As to why there are almost no "moderate conservative" comedians, well I think the ideology just doesn't attract people with a good sense of humour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Where are the likes of Jon Stewart, John Oliver, Stephen Colbert, Samantha Bee or Trevor Noah?
    They don't have a sense of humour. See Drumpf twitterfeed.

Then again, he might be the example for the existence of such a comedian. He just doesn't know it...
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/