2 6.06%
  • Warned

9 27.27%
  • facing no disciplinary measures

19 57.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    And I said it does and then spoke to it. Purely subjective on both our parts. The difference at this point, the only meaningful difference, is that you felt the need to insult someone who disagrees with your viewpoint, while I did not. I'm sure you're a great person irl.
    Listen, buddy, You're arguing that the frequency that I call a worker an asshole (never) is relevant to my judgement on why both people in this case are wrong. It's not subjective, you're just wrong. I am, indeed, a great person irl. Thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Listen, buddy, You're arguing that the frequency that I call a worker an asshole (never) is relevant to my judgement on why both people in this case are wrong. It's not subjective, you're just wrong.
    I'm not you're buddy, pal. And as your pal, take it from me, you are wrong, I am right. Period. Also, don't be so quick to insult people just because you disagree with them.

I am, indeed, a great person irl. Thank you.
    With how easily/quickly you turn to insulting people, I have a hard time believing that.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-01-15 at 05:34 AM.

I'm not you're buddy, pal. And as your pal, take it from me, you are wrong, I am right. Period. Also, don't be so quick to insult people just because you disagree with them.
    How in the fuck do you believe that my actions are relevant to this story where it's blatantly obvious that BOTH people are wrong? How often do you shit in your hand? I must know before I accept your judgement on which flavor of pizza best goes with garlic bread.

Just as relevant as what you're suggesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    How in the fuck do you believe that my actions are relevant to this story where it's blatantly obvious that BOTH people are wrong? How often do you shit in your hand? I must know before I accept your judgement on which flavor of pizza best goes with garlic bread.

Just as relevant as what you're suggesting.
    Your analogies are cute, semi entertaining, but a waste of effort at the end.

Also, you should probably look up the difference between subjective and objective.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-01-15 at 05:41 AM.

You're analogies are cute, semi entertaining, but a waste of effort at the end.

Also, you should probably look up the difference between subjective and objective.
    I know the difference lol. I also know that just because you say something stupid, doesn't mean you get to say "It's all subjective". Your question of my actions is 100% irrelevant to the story. There's nothing subjective about that lol. I was not there. Nothing I do changes what they did. The only part that you can call subjective is your judgement of the actions, not your judgement of my judgement.

You literally said that my frequency of calling a clerk an asshole is relevant to this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the workplace....

I've been called much worse than an asshole when I worked with the public. That's no excuse to insult them back. Any time I managed employees, if that was their excuse, they would receive a worse punishment (than had they just admitted it was wrong) for thinking that their actions were justified.
    I'm not talking about some idealistic version of what "should be", where service employees lay down and let people walk all over them, and are powerless to say anything back. That's an imaginary world, where the people customers interact with are not real people, but drones. It doesn't actually exist.

In the real world, employers often side with their employees in such a situation. Particularly when it comes to someone who is in a position of authority (such as a bus driver, who in most jurisdictions, have some degree of legally-bestowed authority), and even moreso when the customer is being abusive towards said employee.

Again, once you get past the absurd "customer is always right, never say anything against a paying customer" thinking, you begin to see why an employer might not throw away a valued employee just because they happened to be a human fucking being, and reacted like a human fucking being to abuse.

Your idealized vision of what service staff "should" be needs to die, and never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Canadian HIGH DRAMA.

I can't see that he had any right to dispute the payment. There's a LOT of "loonies" out there; http://www.coin-database.com/series/...-1-dollar.html

Everything past 1987 is a "loonie", even if it doesn't have a look on it, and a lot of them don't.

And it sounds like he refused to accept it. I haven't taken the streetcars, but a lot of buses have dispensary slots and he might not have easy access to the coins inside, so he might not have been ABLE to return it, but if he wasn't going to accept it and she was going to leave, an apology is warranted. Not calling her a "bitch" when she gets upset that he took her dollar and won't let her board.
    Maybe an apology from that entitled cuntbag is in order as well? Last I checked, calling someone an asshole isn't nice either. She got called a bitch because 1) she called him an asshole and 2) she was acting like a bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Maybe an apology from that entitled cuntbag is in order as well? Last I checked, calling someone an asshole isn't nice either. She got called a bitch because 1) she called him an asshole and 2) she was acting like a bitch.
    Right?

It doesn't matter that his job is service-oriented.
    "Not reacting like any normal human being would when being abused" is NOT part of his fucking job description.

It's not like he instigated it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know the difference lol. I also know that just because you say something stupid, doesn't mean you get to say "It's all subjective".
    Saying that I don't believe the bus driver should be punished for his actions isn't stupid but you just can't hold back on the insults can you; Poor impulse control there.

Your question of my actions is 100% irrelevant to the story. There's nothing subjective about that lol.
    Well, some people might not think you are being insulting. It can certainly be seen as subjective. I believe that I am being subjective when viewing a couple of your posts that way. *shrug*

I was not there. Nothing I do changes what they did. The only part that you can call subjective is your judgement of the actions, not your judgement of my judgement.
    Besides you throwing out insults, this is all I ever was talking about: the situation of the OP. Did something give you reason to believe otherwise?

You literally said that my frequency of calling a clerk an asshole is relevant to this situation.
    Specifically when you are in the wrong. But, It's not the frequency that is relevant but whether or not you do it at all; in this case a true boolean situation. If you never do it that's great. If you do do it then it doesn't matter how often, chances are you are the asshole and not the clerk(s). If you don't think it is ok to call a clerk an asshole for your own mistake then you won't call a clerk an asshole and as such the situation in the OP will be avoided. You won't call a clerk an asshole because you know it is wrong to call a clerk an asshole when it is your mistake.

If you were in the same situation as the woman in the video would you have called the bus driver an asshole after you put in the wrong money? I wouldn't have. It would have been my mistake. Why would I make the life of the bus driver miserable for my own mistake? I wouldn't. If I did, I wouldn't be surprised to hear the bus driver call me an asshole. Seems like a pretty logical progression.

I don't know, maybe its the New Yorker in me. If you act like an asshole, expect to be treated like an asshole. In the OP's story, the customer acted like an asshole.

I love that people on this forum can't understand that it is entirely possible for both sides of a situation to be wrong simultaneously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Where is the "FFS, who gives a damn?" option? This is trivial news (and I exaggerate greatly to call it that) that fits a quote from a different thread closure:
    Son if you have a problem then make your own threads. Don't come in here and derail.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And it sounds like he refused to accept it. I haven't taken the streetcars, but a lot of buses have dispensary slots and he might not have easy access to the coins inside, so he might not have been ABLE to return it, but if he wasn't going to accept it and she was going to leave, an apology is warranted. Not calling her a "bitch" when she gets upset that he took her dollar and won't let her board.
    If he put it in his dispensary and isn't able to return it then he has in fact "accepted" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace
    Don't come in here and derail
    You aren't a mod, so not your call. You seem to get special privileges for posting tripe, so it is fare (sic) game. Don't like it? Don't randomly blog trivia laced with fake outrage. I'm sure an argument over a buck in fare is really major news for an international site, right?
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2017-01-15 at 06:16 PM. Reason: attribution
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

He should get the death penalty. It's outrageous that he treated those passengers in that way.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    You aren't a mod, so not your call. You seem to get special privileges for posting tripe, so it is fare (sic) game. Don't like it? Don't randomly blog trivia laced with fake outrage. I'm sure an argument over a buck in fare is really major news for an international site, right?
    This is a top story in Canada so as far as I'm concerned it is more than worthy to be posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It used to be we all knew what our currency looked like. These days if you got 10 twenty dollar bills every one of em looks different.
    And we're about to change the US currency once again because of feels reasons. Waste of time and effort.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I love that people on this forum can't understand that it is entirely possible for both sides of a situation to be wrong simultaneously.
    Not just this forum, it's pretty prevalent in society at the moment. Perhaps always, but I'd like to think at some point folks just got shit done rather than sit around trying to figure out who is to blame for things.

For the situation in the video, I'm going to say he shouldn't have responded that way, but doesn't deserve punishment either. A warning, certainly, and if this is repeat behavior then perhaps something, but I'm working on a few assumptions.
    1) Someone doesn't spend their day filming the people getting on the trolley, so this was going on for long enough that the passenger got interested, got their phone out and began filming.
    2) The driver was polite, if short, up until the end comment.

I mean really, if some foreigner can't understand to use the right money on your trolley, odds are she's not a repeat customer. By the same token, if you're friends with this person, and she's always telling you stories about how rude folks are to her because they won't let her break the rules, probably safe to ignore her recommendations to avoid a place. Not to say the driver was right, just saying the idea that this event would lead to future losses for the company.... pretty slim.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace
    This is a top story in Canada so as far as I'm concerned it is more than worthy to be posted on here.
    Great news for a blog about Canada, outside of Canada it is one guy on a streetcar in a petty quarrel over a one dollar fare.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    He should get the death penalty. It's outrageous that he treated those passengers in that way.
    Lemme guess. You didn't even watch the video. It's only one passenger not multiple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Lemme guess. You didn't even watch the video. It's only one passenger not multiple.
    I did watch the video. As far as Canadian violence standards go he basically just shot those women. We can't have someone this dangerous driving a bus out in public.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano