Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wanna hear anecdotals from fellow posters who were cashiers in the past/currently who can say this isn't one bit surprising.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If this is the case, and people are angry at this; then, add flat luxury taxes to junk food. Problem solved.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Why are people saying that healthy food is more expensive?

Water is cheaper than Soft Drink.
    Potatoes are cheaper than Crisps.
    Meat is cheaper than Jerky.

The GOP can't say no to regulating food stamps because big business told them it's ok or else.

Raising taxes isn't going to get the nod from big business either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    If this is the case, and people are angry at this; then, add flat luxury taxes to junk food. Problem solved.
    So it costs taxpayers more and welfare people get less for the same amount?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The GOP can't say no to regulating food stamps because big business told them it's ok or else.

Raising taxes isn't going to get the nod from big business either.
    Big business argues that if 10% of their product is bought with welfare then they have to hire 10% more people and that's less people on welfare.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So it costs taxpayers more and welfare people get less for the same amount?
    Exactly.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post

Employers have money. They need to stop taking any profits until their employees are paid enough to not need welfare, food stamps and medicade.
    Eh? What? You believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Eh? What? You believe this?
    There is no reason to not pay your employees enough to not need handouts.

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    Why are people saying that healthy food is more expensive?

Water is cheaper than Soft Drink.
    Potatoes are cheaper than Crisps.
    Meat is cheaper than Jerky.
    http://americannutritionassociation....s-food-deserts

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    If I could just eat steamed vegetables forever without having to pay an unreasonable amount of money to acquire enough calories or worry about nutritional deficiencies, there's a really solid chance that would be like 95% of what I eat without ever giving it a second thought.
    I'd pretty much just eat noodles and steak. Sometimes sushi. I basically like starch and meat. Everything else is because I should eat it. Almost nothing tastes bad to me, I enjoy balanced meals more than just noodles, but I get why people aren't excited about vegetables. They taste good (especially crispy brussels with bacon, honey, and garlic), but I still just like meat more.

*shrug*

To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no reason to not pay your employees enough to not need handouts.
    You can't think of any reason at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Eating is generally something I do more because I need to anyway. I'd take all my nutrients in a capsule if it were available.
    We differ here! I love eating. Not as much as my wife does maybe, but a lot. If there weren't obesity to consider, I'd eat staggering amounts of food. Some of my favorite days are when I run 20 miles fasted and know that I can eat 4000 calories the remainder of the day. So good. So much pizza. I really enjoy eating huge quantities of fatty, salty, starchy foods. I just don't very often because I'd like to remain fit and not die young.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You can't think of any reason at all?
    Nope. If you can't afford to pay someone enough so they don't need handouts, you shouldn't be allowed to have them work for you.

Nope. If you can't afford to pay someone enough so they don't need handouts, you shouldn't be allowed to have them work for you.
    I'm going to go out on a giant limb and guess that you've never employed anyone. Yes?

I'm going to go out on a giant limb and guess that you've never employed anyone. Yes?
    Yes, I have employed many people to work on my home. And I only do so when I can afford to pay them enough that they don't need hand outs.

Yes, I have employed many people to work on my home. And I only do so when I can afford to pay them enough that they don't need hand outs.
    So the answer is, "no".

Your answer is the equivalent of saying, "yes, I have employed people to bring me food and beverages in restaurants".

Paying for service is not particularly similar to actually running a business.

So the answer is, "no".

Your answer is the equivalent of saying, "yes, I have employed people to bring me food and beverages in restaurants".

Paying for service is not particularly similar to actually running a business.
    You shouldn't be running a business unless you can afford to pay those that run it for you enough to not need handouts.

You shouldn't be running a business unless you can afford to pay those that run it for you enough to not need handouts.
    So what is the possible alternative? Raise the salary which causes the cost of service to rise, then customers stop coming because of high prices, business closes. Now you have a negative net of no money going into economy and no one with any salaries.

It is not as black and white as you keep portraying.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So what is the possible alternative? Raise the salary which causes the cost of service to rise, then customers stop coming because of high prices, business closes. Now you have a negative net of no money going into economy and no one with any salaries.

Keep in mind that Tota also believes part-time work should be banned. This is someone that's wholesale economically illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Junk food is cheaper. More news at 11.
    water is basically free, a coke is cheap. A lemon or orange to slice in water is still cheaper than a 2L of coke. Sugary stuff don't replace healthy food, it just adds on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

If you are not paying your employees enough to not need handouts, they will STILL get handouts.

Therefore the money exists.

If YOU don't have the money to pay people enough to not need handouts, you shouldn't be allowed to employ people.

Only people who are able to pay employees enough to not need handouts should be employers.

The rest of us should be employees.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-16 at 05:44 AM.