Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    They are welcome to try that defense in court, sure.
    Seems pretty cut and dry tbh when stupid meets stupid etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Does love of firearms trump hate of protesters? Let's find out.
    I think it depends on who has more money, gun manufacturers or oil companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    I think it depends on who has more money, gun manufacturers or oil companies.
    I'd venture oil companies.

While both are massive, weapons procurement is a specific sector.

Oil is used in everything. Hell, guns require oil to operate. lol

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Harassment was in the document she linked and it doesn't cover it.
    Odd, since I'm constantly told that anything that makes you uncomfortable or causes you to do something against your will was Harassment. I'd say a group of people circling someone would fit that pretty well if they did it in an intentionally antagonising way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Just gotta yell "Whoops I didn't seem them!" as you run them over and you are covered.
    Sure, that excuse might work if you are legally blind, in which case you wouldn't be allowed to drive a car anyway, but no one will believe that you didn't see a bunch of people standing in the middle of the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unintentionally hitting someone who is intentionally blocking the road. Sounds about right.

i like this legislation. impeding traffic should be a felony punishable up to 5 years. you can protest just fine from the sidewalk, or in the case where there is no sidewalk.. a bike lane or the side of the road. The roads are made for traffic, not people.

Deleted
    All that time playing Carmageddon finally pays off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Zero fucks given.

These people are impeding the population and that includes medical and emergency workers.
    I remember a protestor getting badly hurt during a protest. But the protest blocked the amublencr from getting to them. and the person died
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Land of the free... Where you can't protest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they want to tie up months of debate and court fees and wasting the time of the court as teams of lawyers try to split the difference between negligent and unintentional into their prospective favor for the minute handful of cases this would involve

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The logic in these threads seems to go:

Peaceful protests in the streets? FUCKING KILL THOSE ASSHOLES!!!

Armed takeover of a government owned bird habitat? Patriotism!
    And that's the thing, these deplorables think that they can use this shit to take out their opponents and since they think they themselves are law-biding citizens even when they are just terrorist scrum these type of laws won't effect them at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Unintentionally running over someone purposefully blocking the road. These aren't exactly people who should be punished in the first place.
    From the wording, this establishes that you can be blissfully negligent, say going 30 over the limit around turns while getting a handjob from a monkey and sound loud enough to deafen anyone not already there, but if someone gets hit no blame from it. As it is if you hit someone the court decides whether or not you could have avoided it by paying attention or reducing risk factors. The comparative situation that comes to mind was the mother who hit a kid on a bike, but was found innocent both in criminal and civil court because the kid was exiting high brush away from any crossings onto a busy wearing all dark clothes at night. They looked at the situation and agreed there was literally no way she could have avoided killing him in the accident. This law would negate that entire discouse
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-01-16 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    It's a fallacy to say that just because the overall goal/cause was good all of the actions done by people supporting that goal were good. Unless you've got some evidence to the contrary, I doubt the civil rights movement succeeded solely because of protesters blocking roads.
    Read my post again, and then read your reply again. What you wrote has nothing to do with what I wrote, because I didn't make any judgement on whether or not the cause was good or bad.

It's actually the opposite: I'm saying that unless people are explicitly or implicitly making a judgement about this protest, then they can't say it's fine to run these guys over and not the civil rights era protesters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If that's how the law is worded, there's a shit ton of loopholes in it to get people off on.
    The way that is worded it would be legal to "unintentionally" drive over a police officer who crosses the street to help in an accident on the roadside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Intentionally blocking someone's path without cause is assault. A lot of people don't like being assaulted.
    So your front door is assaulting potential burglars?
    Or does that count as "armed assault" on the burglars? (Armed with a door that is.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Good. Fuck people who stand in the street. If they want to win me to their cause inconveniencing me isn't the way to do it.
    Well said. 100% agree.

Stand on the sidewalk shouting from your soapbox, conduct a mass letter writing campaign, hold a march with a permit ( just like parades have to get) and so forth.

Get in my way and make me waste time out of my day? I will as a matter of principle vote for politicians who are against your cause (even if I agree with it), because no one on the face of the fcking Earth is going to get away with making me waste time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Killing people over being inconvenienced is disgusting. Killing! We're talking about it being legal to essentially murder someone because they are in your way and slow you down. Since when is a few minutes of your time worth someone's life and the terrible pain and grief of their family? What the fuck is wrong with you people??
    Then get out of my way, I say to them. Protest is all very well, so do it on the sidewalk, or in a public park, or a march ( with permit) down the street. But I will most certainly not be prevented from using the public roads (in the manner they were intended to be used) that my taxes pay for by a bunch of aholes.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

7+ Year Old Account
    ''Hey Joe, you are a bit late, what's up?''
    '' Sorry, I had to wipe the blood from the front of my car, I ran down some hippies.''

Just be honest and say you want to be free to kill people and be done with it. So much dancing around the bush of ''they blocked MY road!!!11''

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    This is more for those Black Lives Matter fools who think obstructing traffic and emergency services for attention is a good idea.
    I don't think Black Lives Matter is thing in North Dakota, lots and lots of white people there. Also I wonder if this is just proposed legislation? Just because someone had an idea doesn't mean it will become law.

There are a lot of Native Americans there...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    What kind of savage barbarian would propose that type of legislation?
    Republican type.
    If they could they would gladly go full Nazi shit all over Amurica, and the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I don't think Black Lives Matter is thing in North Dakota, lots and lots of white people there. Also I wonder if this is just proposed legislation? Just because someone had an idea doesn't mean it will become law.

There are a lot of Native Americans there...
    The fact that you can have this ''idea'' and get away with it and actually have bloody defenders is the problem and what makes this disgusting.

Sure even if you pass crap like this laws it won't hold up in the courts since you aren't defending yourself from any danger but that's not what makes laws like this disgusting.